Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

This is new to me. I love it if it's true!!!

Every time a theist points to a point in history and tries to say atheism is behind the killings, it usually ends up not being true.

I'm going to look more into Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot and find out how much atheism had to do with their killings. Probably not as much as theists suggest.

One great example is them trying to say the Nazi's were atheists when they were actually Catholics and very much believed in god.

Did the citizens of Stalin & Mao believe in god? The people of China now, what do they believe? Are they spiritual? And even today the citizens of China who don't believe in god, are they evil? Maybe they believe in a god but not your god, just like many here on USMB. Are they all wrong and only you are right?

Are you following me? I don't think any one society murdered in the name of not believing in god. But theists have killed for the lord. Don't forget that.

And my dad was saying how muslims are not human the way they cut that guys head off. He said they are 1000 years behind us. Uncivilized. I reminded him that in the very late 1600's we had the Salem Witch Trials. That's only 300 years ago we were burning witches alive at the stake. Those were christians too.

I'm telling you if you add up all the killing in the name of god, god is the all time leader in murder/death/kills.

No one kills in he Name of God, they kill for personal reasons and ideology. The only way they could actually be killing in His Name is if He actually told them to kill people. Since you refuse to acknowledge His existence you cannot blame Him for the actions of people you classify delusional idiots.

See the flaw in your attempt to prove how much smarter you are than us delusional idiots yet?

That is the problem of those who are gullible enough to believe in childish concepts like demons, Satan and sin.
OH!!! You will believe but why wait until you feel the fl;ames??? Wise up now!

Kindly refrain from imposing your own superstitious cult beliefs on others. Thank you and have a nice day.

And yet you liberals never take the same advice with respect to your religious dictates and how you impose them on people. I'm more offended by having to submit to liberal religious dogma than I, an Atheist, am by having Easter holidays or taking an oath to God in a courtroom. Your religious dictates actually HARM ME.

The mere fact that you are violating the rules by introducing politics into the Religion & Ethics forum exposes the weakness of your farcical flame post.

What politics? I'm talking about the Religion of Liberalism. You guys use the political system to jam your religious views down my throat and you're actually harming me when you impose your religious view on me.

That is the problem of those who are gullible enough to believe in childish concepts like demons, Satan and sin.

Kindly refrain from imposing your own superstitious cult beliefs on others. Thank you and have a nice day.

And yet you liberals never take the same advice with respect to your religious dictates and how you impose them on people. I'm more offended by having to submit to liberal religious dogma than I, an Atheist, am by having Easter holidays or taking an oath to God in a courtroom. Your religious dictates actually HARM ME.

Couple examples?

In my 43 years I have had born agains come talk to us in the summer one year when we were kids. Our parents said it was ok to let them try and brainwash us for a week. After the week was over I said I was a Christian but to be honest I didn't buy everything they said. Then a born again converted my buddy who then tried to "save" me. I have had born again be real annoying to all of us at work, not just me. I have had experiences with theists recently. They sent a cute girl in to sell me a dvd about the end of the world.

In other words, you pretended to go along with other people because you were too weak to stand up for yourself. Sounds to me like the actions of a sniveling coward.

I can tell you a million stories of where a theist tried to "press their literature on me at my door".

Can you really? Did they force your door open and demand you take it? Did they threaten physical violence if you refused?

Didn't think so. All they did was offer you something, and you, being a coward, took it as a threat.

Tough fucking shit.

I have never had an atheist come tell me there was no god. Have you? It isn't polite. That's why I love the internet. This will speed up the process to humans waking up to the fact that there is no god. Lets build a space ship and live forever traveling the universe. This planet has an expiration date.

You are the one running around telling people there is no God, which explains why you haven't had that experience, you actually view the people who do that as sane and rational in order to reinforce your belief system that you are smarter than everyone else.

Couple examples?

Sure. Liberals have a religious belief of community and so they force me to help my neighbor. They take money away from me, via government, and force me to support a stranger. Liberals have a religious belief in not offending people so they strip me of my human right to free association and force me to bake cakes for homosexuals who want to get married.

As an Atheist I'd rather go to court and Pledge an oath to God than submit to liberal religious dogma for liberal religious dogma is more harmful to me than anything Christians are doing.

Look, you're probably clueing in to my point. Religion is an ideology, no different in basis than other ideologies except that it has one special component, the incorporation of a god. Liberal religious belief substitutes god with liberal values. The harm from both is identical when forced onto people who object. You being forced to attend church every Sunday is a measurable harm. Me having my human rights stripped from me is a measurable harm.

The mere fact that you are violating the rules by introducing politics into the Religion & Ethics forum exposes the weakness of your farcical flame post.

What politics? I'm talking about the Religion of Liberalism. You guys use the political system to jam your religious views down my throat and you're actually harming me when you impose your religious view on me.

The imaginary "Religion of Liberalism" is a bogus political attack by the extreme religious right. It falls into the same bucket of BS that contains the false allegations that atheism is a "religion". The fact that you don't even know that is what it is tells me that you have to be one of the most ignorant people ever to claim to be an atheist.

This is new to me. I love it if it's true!!!

Every time a theist points to a point in history and tries to say atheism is behind the killings, it usually ends up not being true.

I'm going to look more into Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot and find out how much atheism had to do with their killings. Probably not as much as theists suggest.

One great example is them trying to say the Nazi's were atheists when they were actually Catholics and very much believed in god.

Did the citizens of Stalin & Mao believe in god? The people of China now, what do they believe? Are they spiritual? And even today the citizens of China who don't believe in god, are they evil? Maybe they believe in a god but not your god, just like many here on USMB. Are they all wrong and only you are right?

Are you following me? I don't think any one society murdered in the name of not believing in god. But theists have killed for the lord. Don't forget that.

And my dad was saying how muslims are not human the way they cut that guys head off. He said they are 1000 years behind us. Uncivilized. I reminded him that in the very late 1600's we had the Salem Witch Trials. That's only 300 years ago we were burning witches alive at the stake. Those were christians too.

I'm telling you if you add up all the killing in the name of god, god is the all time leader in murder/death/kills.

No one kills in he Name of God, they kill for personal reasons and ideology. The only way they could actually be killing in His Name is if He actually told them to kill people. Since you refuse to acknowledge His existence you cannot blame Him for the actions of people you classify delusional idiots.

See the flaw in your attempt to prove how much smarter you are than us delusional idiots yet?

Don't theists claim god talks to them? I believe even George W. Bush said god told him to do what he did.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. Disbelief is worse than killing...but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc

Couple examples?

Sure. Liberals have a religious belief of community and so they force me to help my neighbor. They take money away from me, via government, and force me to support a stranger. Liberals have a religious belief in not offending people so they strip me of my human right to free association and force me to bake cakes for homosexuals who want to get married.

As an Atheist I'd rather go to court and Pledge an oath to God than submit to liberal religious dogma for liberal religious dogma is more harmful to me than anything Christians are doing.

Look, you're probably clueing in to my point. Religion is an ideology, no different in basis than other ideologies except that it has one special component, the incorporation of a god. Liberal religious belief substitutes god with liberal values. The harm from both is identical when forced onto people who object. You being forced to attend church every Sunday is a measurable harm. Me having my human rights stripped from me is a measurable harm.

:lmao:

You should ask the mods to change your name to Gullibles_Travels because you are utterly clueless. You actually believe that BS? Your complete and utter lack of even a smidgeon of critical thinking skills is astounding.

The imaginary "Religion of Liberalism" is a bogus political attack by the extreme religious right. It falls into the same bucket of BS that contains the false allegations that atheism is a "religion". The fact that you don't even know that is what it is tells me that you have to be one of the most ignorant people ever to claim to be an atheist.

Bogus political attack = argument that makes you uncomfortable because you can't refute it.

Couple examples?

You should ask the mods to change your name to Gullibles_Travels because you are utterly clueless. You actually believe that BS? Your complete and utter lack of even a smidgeon of critical thinking skills is astounding.

Don't suffer under the delusion that people haven't noticed that you've avoided refuting my point and have instead resorted to the distractions of asserting a conclusion and name calling.

More and more people are cluing into the fact that liberals are emotional, not rational, creatures. You're a good exhibit of this truism.

Couple examples?

You do not understand that with a government or country, as a nation, as citizens of this country, we are all in this together. You are I am sure a horrible neighbor and an even worse human being.

You want survival of the fittest/winner take all. They had that in England. It's why we left. That's what it was like over there. The rich got richer and it was impossible under that system for a poor person to become middle class or for a middle class person to become rich.

The USA from 1950 to 2000 was the greatest country in the world. What changed? GW Bush's Great Recession, which he did on purpose imo. You may say he was just stupid but that's what they want you to believe. They made out like bandits.

What made the USA great? The big fat middle class. The safety nets. The affordable college. The good public schools. The union wages that we all made whether we were in a union or not. Unions brought up everyones wages. Non union companies only paid fair wages for fear of their employees unionizing.

Since Reagan we have broken the unions and we see the middle class disappearing. And no coincidence. Also no coincidence that as unions are getting stronger in other countries, their wages are going up.

We need another middle class revolution. We need to take our government back.

You my friend need to go to Mexico and show us how you can become a success without a good government that looks out for your best interests. You want a government that is powerless to stop the corporations from lowering the minimum wage to $3 a hr. You'd love that you libertarian fuck. LOL. Eat a dick dummy. I'm sure you are not rich enough to be thinking the way you do.

They have a theory for guys like you. Called something like the Lottery Mentality. You worry that one day you'll win the lottery and they'll tax you half, rather than you worrying that one day their going to undo medicare as we know it. And guess what will happen to you if you get old and that happens? The Healthcare giants will take all your money.

I don't even know where to begin with you. Bottom line is you need to move to an Island you cock sucker. I hate greedy ignorant fucks like you who don't get how a society/government works.

The only views we impose are constitutional. Every time you guys try to discriminate against women, minorities or gays we object. That's not a religion unless you call the US Constitution a religion?

Couple examples?

Don't suffer under the delusion that people haven't noticed that you've avoided refuting my point and have instead resorted to the distractions of asserting a conclusion and name calling.

More and more people are cluing into the fact that liberals are emotional, not rational, creatures. You're a good exhibit of this truism.

I think if Spock were to have a conversation with you he would tell you that your comments and positions are not only illogical but irrational.

Couple examples?

Oh yea, and what about the town in New Jersey that went ape shit when the atheist sued and won to have a sign at school taken down that referenced god? At the town hall meeting the citizens were out of their minds. If they could they would have crucified and burned her at the stake.

So don't tell us about being emotional and rational. They took it so personally instead of understanding that just like the Muslim god has no place in school, neither does the Mormon, Jewish or Christian.

It was a generic god? So fucking what? That offends us atheists. Get it the fuck out of the public square. Stop making us the bad guys for pointing out how unconstitutional you theists are.

Don't theists claim god talks to them? I believe even George W. Bush said god told him to do what he did.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. Disbelief is worse than killing...but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc

So do schizophrenics, does that mean you are going to blame a being you don't believe in if they do something crazy?

You do not understand that with a government or country, as a nation, as citizens of this country, we are all in this together. You are I am sure a horrible neighbor and an even worse human being.

You want survival of the fittest/winner take all. They had that in England. It's why we left. That's what it was like over there. The rich got richer and it was impossible under that system for a poor person to become middle class or for a middle class person to become rich.

We left England because of a delusion you have about history?

Newsflash, it didn't happen that way.

The USA from 1950 to 2000 was the greatest country in the world. What changed? GW Bush's Great Recession, which he did on purpose imo. You may say he was just stupid but that's what they want you to believe. They made out like bandits.

What made the USA great? The big fat middle class. The safety nets. The affordable college. The good public schools. The union wages that we all made whether we were in a union or not. Unions brought up everyones wages. Non union companies only paid fair wages for fear of their employees unionizing.

Since Reagan we have broken the unions and we see the middle class disappearing. And no coincidence. Also no coincidence that as unions are getting stronger in other countries, their wages are going up.

We need another middle class revolution. We need to take our government back.

You my friend need to go to Mexico and show us how you can become a success without a good government that looks out for your best interests. You want a government that is powerless to stop the corporations from lowering the minimum wage to $3 a hr. You'd love that you libertarian fuck. LOL. Eat a dick dummy. I'm sure you are not rich enough to be thinking the way you do.

They have a theory for guys like you. Called something like the Lottery Mentality. You worry that one day you'll win the lottery and they'll tax you half, rather than you worrying that one day their going to undo medicare as we know it. And guess what will happen to you if you get old and that happens? The Healthcare giants will take all your money.

I don't even know where to begin with you. Bottom line is you need to move to an Island you cock sucker. I hate greedy ignorant fucks like you who don't get how a society/government works.

Wow, what a word salad. All you needed to write was "Burn heretic witch, burn" and that would have been clearer and on point. I offended your religion and you see me as a heretic who needs to be punished. You call yourself an Atheist? Hah!

So do schizophrenics, does that mean you are going to blame a being you don't believe in if they do something crazy?

No I blame the people who made him up. Remember that guy who told everyone to put on their NIKE shoes and drink the poison? Heavens Gate.

No I blame the people who made him up. Remember that guy who told everyone to put on their NIKE shoes and drink the poison? Heavens Gate.

Oh, oh, Mr. Kotter, was it this guy?

Forum List

Back