Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

What's the difference between morality and religion?

The new leadership was following a tradition set by the French Revolution that dumped religion-based laws.

RELIGION BASED FOOL!!!

You must have studied a different French Revolution than I did.

Cult of the Supreme Being - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I simply told you that the russians followed in the tradition of the French Revolution by dumping religious based laws. What part of that do you not approve of?

I simply told you that the russians followed in the tradition of the French Revolution by dumping religious based laws. What part of that do you not approve of?

Like I said, you must have studied a different French Revolution than I did. The one I studied was organized by Protestants to destroy the Catholic Church in France. It specifically targeted one religion, and covertly supported another. It also made no effort to eliminate laws that are based on religion because the people writing the laws were actually in favor of their religion.

Want to point out where the Russians followed that example?

Like I said, you must have studied a different French Revolution than I did. The one I studied was organized by Protestants to destroy the Catholic Church in France. It specifically targeted one religion, and covertly supported another. It also made no effort to eliminate laws that are based on religion because the people writing the laws were actually in favor of their religion.

This is new to me. I love it if it's true!!!

Every time a theist points to a point in history and tries to say atheism is behind the killings, it usually ends up not being true.

I'm going to look more into Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot and find out how much atheism had to do with their killings. Probably not as much as theists suggest.

One great example is them trying to say the Nazi's were atheists when they were actually Catholics and very much believed in god.

Did the citizens of Stalin & Mao believe in god? The people of China now, what do they believe? Are they spiritual? And even today the citizens of China who don't believe in god, are they evil? Maybe they believe in a god but not your god, just like many here on USMB. Are they all wrong and only you are right?

Are you following me? I don't think any one society murdered in the name of not believing in god. But theists have killed for the lord. Don't forget that.

And my dad was saying how muslims are not human the way they cut that guys head off. He said they are 1000 years behind us. Uncivilized. I reminded him that in the very late 1600's we had the Salem Witch Trials. That's only 300 years ago we were burning witches alive at the stake. Those were christians too.

I'm telling you if you add up all the killing in the name of god, god is the all time leader in murder/death/kills.

It is a wonder that you are even still here. It is a wonder that you have not been banned for your hate speech. To disagree is one thing. To call your opponent stupid or idiotic is one thing. But to advocate the mass murder of an entire group of people. That is another thing entirely and it has no place here.

Well, what a wonder I am.

If you are too sensitive to discuss ideas of Culling or Eugenics, without feeling threatened, then perhaps you should place me on ignore. It might help keep you from pissing yourself in the future.

Interestingly enough...I have yet to have Athiests come to my door pressing their literature on to me.

Interestingly enough, I am willing to bet no Christian has pressed his literature on you at your door.

In my 43 years I have had born agains come talk to us in the summer one year when we were kids. Our parents said it was ok to let them try and brainwash us for a week. After the week was over I said I was a Christian but to be honest I didn't buy everything they said. Then a born again converted my buddy who then tried to "save" me. I have had born again be real annoying to all of us at work, not just me. I have had experiences with theists recently. They sent a cute girl in to sell me a dvd about the end of the world.

I can tell you a million stories of where a theist tried to "press their literature on me at my door".

I have never had an atheist come tell me there was no god. Have you? It isn't polite. That's why I love the internet. This will speed up the process to humans waking up to the fact that there is no god. Lets build a space ship and live forever traveling the universe. This planet has an expiration date.

This is new to me. I love it if it's true!!!

Every time a theist points to a point in history and tries to say atheism is behind the killings, it usually ends up not being true.

I'm going to look more into Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot and find out how much atheism had to do with their killings. Probably not as much as theists suggest.

One great example is them trying to say the Nazi's were atheists when they were actually Catholics and very much believed in god.

Did the citizens of Stalin & Mao believe in god? The people of China now, what do they believe? Are they spiritual? And even today the citizens of China who don't believe in god, are they evil? Maybe they believe in a god but not your god, just like many here on USMB. Are they all wrong and only you are right?

Are you following me? I don't think any one society murdered in the name of not believing in god. But theists have killed for the lord. Don't forget that.

And my dad was saying how muslims are not human the way they cut that guys head off. He said they are 1000 years behind us. Uncivilized. I reminded him that in the very late 1600's we had the Salem Witch Trials. That's only 300 years ago we were burning witches alive at the stake. Those were christians too.

I'm telling you if you add up all the killing in the name of god, god is the all time leader in murder/death/kills.

How about the bombing of abortion clinics and the assassination of Dr Tiller in his church? Is that "civilized"?

Why Atheists are met with Hostility =Simple! they are seen as demon inspired,sin loving God rejectors that satan uses as his tool,fool,puppets that do much harm.

That is the problem of those who are gullible enough to believe in childish concepts like demons, Satan and sin.

Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

There's really no need to 'theorize,' we already know that when theists are challenged on their beliefs by those free from faith, most will invariably respond in a hostile manner, as theists know they have no facts or objective, documented evidence in support of their subjective and errant dogma.

Hostility? Atheists bring that upon themselves.

Although having them culled is a far better option than endlessly arguing with them.

It is a wonder that you are even still here. It is a wonder that you have not been banned for your hate speech. To disagree is one thing. To call your opponent stupid or idiotic is one thing. But to advocate the mass murder of an entire group of people. That is another thing entirely and it has no place here.
And again: no need to 'theorize,' as the proof manifests in the post you quoted.

LOL!!! Your effort to deny truth changes no truth.

Since you cannot provide a single shred of evidence that these superstitions of yours are the "truth" there is nothing to deny. The onus is on you to prove that what you believe is the "truth". Better men than you have tried and failed so please don't waste any bandwidth posting passages from the bible.

That is the problem of those who are gullible enough to believe in childish concepts like demons, Satan and sin.
OH!!! You will believe but why wait until you feel the fl;ames??? Wise up now!

Kindly refrain from imposing your own superstitious cult beliefs on others. Thank you and have a nice day.

And yet you liberals never take the same advice with respect to your religious dictates and how you impose them on people. I'm more offended by having to submit to liberal religious dogma than I, an Atheist, am by having Easter holidays or taking an oath to God in a courtroom. Your religious dictates actually HARM ME.

LOL!!! Your effort to deny truth changes no truth.

You do realize if you were born in Saudi Arabia right now you'd be saying people who don't convert to Islam should be put to death, right?

You grew up in America so you were brainwashed with a different religion. No doubt you'd be a devout muslim if you were born in a muslim country. So would any hard core baptist, catholic, jew, mormon. Any of you who have the kind of brains that takes the bible too seriously, would be doing the same thing to the koran if your parents would have just brainwashed you with that story instead of the bible stories.

OH!!! You will believe but why wait until you feel the fl;ames??? Wise up now!

Kindly refrain from imposing your own superstitious cult beliefs on others. Thank you and have a nice day.

And yet you liberals never take the same advice with respect to your religious dictates and how you impose them on people. I'm more offended by having to submit to liberal religious dogma than I, an Atheist, am by having Easter holidays or taking an oath to God in a courtroom. Your religious dictates actually HARM ME.

The mere fact that you are violating the rules by introducing politics into the Religion & Ethics forum exposes the weakness of your farcical flame post.

LOL!!! Sin loving little man has been hoping GOD is dead for thousands of years!! Dream on till you feel the flames!

Something that never existed can't be "dead for thousands of years". But thanks for tacitly admitting to being utterly incapable of providing any single of shred of evidence to support your imaginary "truth" serum.

Forum List

Back