The worst movies you have ever paid to see.

Lethal Weapon 3.
Couldn't take that annoying Joe Pesci and walked out.
Can't believe the crap is a series now.

Couldn't take Armageddon either. Worst Hollywood tripe ever.I hated Aerosmith after that soundtrack.

YES!! Thank you. Armageddon was the most hyperactive, visual jump-cut, motion sickness movie I've ever seen. Every scene in the movie lasted 1.3 seconds. It was like having a jackhammer in my brain for two hours.
Perfect description. I usually get hated for trashing that movie, but it's deserved.
I couldn't get past them flying the shuttle like an airplane in atmosphere.

Every one of the space scenes made me seasick because no scene lasted long enough for me to know what was going on. It was a stuttering loop of so many millions of shots, I truly believe that the makers' intention was to completely assault the audience's physical seses....as opposed to telling an interesting story and giving enough character development to care about the people in it.
My bet is the camera man and editor once worked for MTV.

Interesting you mention that because Michael Bay started out as a music video director - all of whom suck except for David Fincher. He's the one gold nugget in that pile of hay.

Lethal Weapon 3.

Couldn't take Armageddon either. Worst Hollywood tripe ever.I hated Aerosmith after that soundtrack.

YES!! Thank you. Armageddon was the most hyperactive, visual jump-cut, motion sickness movie I've ever seen. Every scene in the movie lasted 1.3 seconds. It was like having a jackhammer in my brain for two hours.
Perfect description. I usually get hated for trashing that movie, but it's deserved.

Every one of the space scenes made me seasick because no scene lasted long enough for me to know what was going on. It was a stuttering loop of so many millions of shots, I truly believe that the makers' intention was to completely assault the audience's physical seses....as opposed to telling an interesting story and giving enough character development to care about the people in it.
Funny...I went to elementary school with the guy who wrote Armageddon

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Mine, in no particular order:

A Star is Born, with Barbara Streisand

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The World According to Garp
Jonney Be Good. Big names but no good!

Lethal Weapon 3.

Was he hyperactive and incapable of showing emotion?
That would go a long way to explaining that movie.:eusa_think:

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Mine, in no particular order:

A Star is Born, with Barbara Streisand

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The World According to Garp

Highlander 2

Lair of the White Worm.

Lethal Weapon 3.

Interesting you mention that because Michael Bay started out as a music video director - all of whom suck except for David Fincher. He's the one gold nugget in that pile of hay.
All that hyper editing from video's and horror movies lately could trigger an epileptic episode.

Lethal Weapon 3.

Was he hyperactive and incapable of showing emotion?
That would go a long way to explaining that movie.:eusa_think:

He was quite a smart ass

He also wrote all the Borne movies

All that hyper editing from video's and horror movies lately could trigger an epileptic episode.

I've never had epilepsy in my life but when I've seen anything by Michael Bay, I start worrying I'm going to have a seizure of my own. Music video moviemakers like that are too stupid to understand that you have to let a scene go on long enough to soak up the scenery/atmosphere and get a solid idea of what's going on in that particular scene and how it fits into the story.

Know why Ridley Scott's Alien is the most effectively nerve-racking, suspenseful movie ever made? Because it built up its gargantuan suspense levels at just the right steady, subtle pace. As opposed to being a hyper, sputtering jackhammer of a movie. It let you gradually soak in its mood as opposed to beating you over the head with it.

Last edited:
Mostly stuff I took my kids to see.

Cats & Dogs
Sharktales
Diary of a wimpy kid
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Easy A.

However the revamps of both Ghostbusters and The Fantastic 4 were snooze fests too.

Zzzzzzzz

Lethal Weapon 3.

No shit???

I've never had epilepsy in my life but when I've seen anything by Michael Bay, I start worrying I'm going to have a seizure of my own. Music video moviemakers like that are too stupid to understand that you have to let a scene go on long enough to soak up the scenery/atmosphere and get a solid idea of what's going on in that particular scene and how it fits into the story.

Know why Ridley Scott's Alien is the most effectively nerve-racking, suspenseful movie ever made? Because it built up its gargantuan suspense levels at just the right steady, subtle pace. As opposed to being a hyper, sputtering jackhammer of a movie. It let you gradually soak in its mood as opposed to beating you over the head with it.

Alien I consider the best sci-fi/horror ever. First R movie I ever saw as a kid and scared the crap out of me.
You could actually feel the hopelessness of the characters situation.
With his release of Covenant it was interesting to see more about the origins of the species but did not have the effect of that first movie. I was a little dissapointed.

Lethal Weapon 3.

No shit???
Also went to school with Mel Gibson

Alien I consider the best sci-fi/horror ever. First R movie I ever saw as a kid and scared the crap out of me.
You could actually feel the hopelessness of the characters situation.
With his release of Covenant it was interesting to see more about the origins of the species but did not have the effect of that first movie. I was a little dissapointed.

First R movie I saw was Halloween. I swear to this day, I sleep with a light on because of that fucking movie. Scared the living piss out of me.

But yeah, Alien was excellent. I read that the Ridley Scott did not tell anyone about the little alien exploding out of that dudes chest, and all the actors in that scene, that's a real reaction.

I haven't been to the movies for more than ten years....

I would not pay a cent for going to the movies today.

It's all shit.

I see old films or documentaries ....at home.

Hollywood is dead.

Did you see 13 hours in Benghazi? I thought it was great. We were soldiers. Black Hawk down?

How about the Harry Potter films? Nothing?

Ive watched both but have not watch a single Potter films. That necktie bothers me how it relates to the plot.

Highlander 2 - Sequel was incomprehensible.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Like watching paint dry.
Star Trek 5 - Really horrid.
Battlefield Earth
Superman 3
The Exorcist 2 - May be the worst movie I've ever seen.
Batman and Robin
Forgot Cloverfield and The Blair Witch Project. With the camera jumping all over the place, these movies made me queasy watching them. Horrible cinematography.

I posted earlier Cloverfield made me ran to the bathroom and threw up. And never went back.

Forum List

Back