The worst movies you have ever paid to see.

About 90% of the Scifi movies of the 1950's. They lacked everything, decent plot, acting, story line, and special effects. Attack of the Giant Leeches and Cat Woman of the Moon have got to be among the worst that have ever been put on film.
Bingo . And he was the mastermind behind Twin peaks and Eraserhead... Weird is ok...but Lynch is pointlessly absurdly bizarre.
Eraserhead? Did he also do Freaks?
I don't know, honestly. But I think that came out in the 30's way before Lynch. Speaking of channeling major weirdness, I actually tried to watch John Water's "Pink Flamingos"...
Freaks was in early 30's, considered to be too politically incorrect to be shown much today.

Last edited:
Traumatized? I went with a couple of friends to a midnight showing of "Rocky Horror" and people sprayed water in the air during rainstorms, rice during the wedding sequence. I gotta glancing blow from a brick on my right leg that traumatized ME. But we stayed, and the film was jolly good fun. I never thought it would be so..interactive.

Easily the worst movie ever made....from 1971....47 years later I my lip still curls when I think about it...Sample line: "What are you trying to do...blow my mind"?
casty.gif

e5b98b8ec5b0414db2360bbc6274908b--movie-posters-taylors.jpg
When it comes to bad movies, I would put Plan Nine from Outer Space by Ed Wood as the very worst. It was so bad, it took 3 years before Wood found a distributor and today it's consider a classic because it is so bad.

It stars Bela Lugosi who was said to be living on skid row at the time. You can't recognize him because he keeps his face covered. Watch the movie and you'll understand why. Most of the actors didn't get paid because there was no budget. Ed Wood seems to have made up the story as he shot it.

Easily the worst movie ever made....from 1971....47 years later I my lip still curls when I think about it...Sample line: "What are you trying to do...blow my mind"?
casty.gif

When it comes to bad movies, I would put Plan Nine from Outer Space by Ed Wood as the very worst. It was so bad, it took 3 years before Wood found a distributor and today it's consider a classic because it is so bad.

It stars Bela Lugosi who was said to be living on skid row at the time. You can't recognize him because he keeps his face covered. Watch the movie and you'll understand why. Most of the actors didn't get paid because there was no budget. Ed Wood seems to have made up the story as he shot it.

Ed Wood? Bella Lugosi ( Martin Landau) wresting with a huge rubber Octopus...that was a hilarious film. "Plan 9 from outer space", way before my time, but I did watch it all the way through on cable a few years ago. The poor editing, the ham acting, the over the top special effects...

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Mine, in no particular order:

A Star is Born, with Barbara Streisand

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The World According to Garp
None. The one that comes the closest is IT which I took my wife to for her birthday last year. Just wasn't scary to me. My dad walked out on Don't be a menace back when I was a teenager LOL....I found it hilarious he went and sat in car and read newspaper.

casty.gif

Extreme low budget films are supposed to be bad

It is the high budget films with god actors that piss you off

Is that a movie? Or sorry, I don't know what that is.
Her name is Jenni Farely. She's on the Jersey Shore. JWOWW is her nickname.

Is that Snooki?

Traumatized? I went with a couple of friends to a midnight showing of "Rocky Horror" and people sprayed water in the air during rainstorms, rice during the wedding sequence. I gotta glancing blow from a brick on my right leg that traumatized ME. But we stayed, and the film was jolly good fun. I never thought it would be so..interactive.

Were hotdogs a-flyin'? :abgg2q.jpg:

This a decent thread for reference. However, I think Will Smith is a pretty good actor.

William Shatner, hmm..notsomuch.

Is that a movie? Or sorry, I don't know what that is.
Her name is Jenni Farely. She's on the Jersey Shore. JWOWW is her nickname.

Is that Snooki?

Were hotdogs a-flyin'? :abgg2q.jpg:

This a decent thread for reference. However, I think Will Smith is a pretty good actor.

William Shatner, hmm..notsomuch.
LOL! Too funny dude!

casty.gif

Plan 9 from Outer Space. I watched it for shits and giggles. You are correct, the very worst.

I never saw vanilla sky, what did you think of it?
I had mixed feelings about it. In some ways, it was sort of a Lynchian flick. But I had a hard time getting past Tom Cruise as the central character.

There is one thing that did floor me. I saw the movie Blow right after I saw Vanilla Sky and couldn't believe the transformation of Penelope Cruz. In Vanilla Sky she played such an endearing role. Then in her very next movie (Blow), she played such a vicious bitch! My hat is off to that girl, she can act.

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Mine, in no particular order:

A Star is Born, with Barbara Streisand

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The World According to Garp

I wish you asked what are the best movies you paid to see and glad you spent the money.

I vote Kiss of the Spider Woman as the worst movie I ever paid to see because I walked out before it was half over.

I'm pretty sure that has already been asked before.

I never saw that movie. Guess I didn't miss anything.

I liked Liar Liar better. The Mask, and Ace Ventura.

Still thought the True Man Show, was one of my favorites.

Godzilla.... what a disappointment.

Never saw Airbender. Looked too stupid in the previews. I figured I'd wait until it was $2 on the used shelf.
I don't think Airbender was the one Lou Gossett wore a football on his head. That one was Enemy Mine. Really dumb movie.

Which Godzilla? The new one? Or the older one? I liked the one with Hank Azaria. Especially the part where there in Godzilla's mouth and Hank starts yelling to the cab driver, "You're going the wrong way! You're going the wrong way, man!"

Or the part where you think its the end of the movie after they blow up Madison Square Garden; they're standing there in front of all those dead baby rex's; then Godzilla pops up through the concrete and looks down at all his dead baby's; then raises his head and sees the 4 of them standing there............ and they go, "He looks angry!"

I know many people hated that movie, but I liked it. It was partly campy which I thought fit nicely. I'm a life-long Godzilla fan and I liked it.

Forum List

Back