The Women's March is Global

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
The popular meme is that the Women's March is simply an anti-Trump march. But it isn't. It's a march for the recognition of issues important to women, that are being buried under the onslaught of anti-PC rhetoric that legitimizes "pussy grabbing" as no big deal and is chipping away at women's reproductive rights and freedoms. Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable.

The marches global - there are marches in all states and in countries around the world where women face far more serious issues, then we do here. It's a worldwide sisterhood.

Women's Marches Go Global: Postcards From Protests Around The World

Sister marches have been organized in all 50 states, and in countries around the world. They have been organized to express solidarity with the aims of the original march: opposition to President Trump's agenda, and support of women's rights and human rights in general.

Given the quirks of time zones, many of those marches kicked off before the event that inspired them. In Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangkok, Delhi, Cape Town, and other cities, protesters have already broken out their signs and pink hats in solidarity

The popular meme is that the Women's March is simply an anti-Trump march. But it isn't. It's a march for the recognition of issues important to women, that are being buried under the onslaught of anti-PC rhetoric that legitimizes "pussy grabbing" as no big deal and is chipping away at women's reproductive rights and freedoms. Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable.

The marches global - there are marches in all states and in countries around the world where women face far more serious issues, then we do here. It's a worldwide sisterhood.

Sister marches have been organized in all 50 states, and in countries around the world. They have been organized to express solidarity with the aims of the original march: opposition to President Trump's agenda, and support of women's rights and human rights in general.

Given the quirks of time zones, many of those marches kicked off before the event that inspired them. In Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangkok, Delhi, Cape Town, and other cities, protesters have already broken out their signs and pink hats in solidarity
There are lots of marches and no one knows why they are marching.

No sum game, it will accomplish nothing and all be forgotten by week's end.

I actually hope not.

There are countries, like India (and there is a march in Dehli) where women face a lot of violence, rape, discrimmination that they are fighting to have recognized.

images

You're free to have the reproductive rights and freedoms while you promote those rights through charitable donations instead of demanding the government provide funding for your agenda so long as everything your charity does is within the law.

See! Problem solved.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
I hope, so hope, he can hear the roar from 1600 Pennsylvania. It was discouraging to me that Trump's popularity wasn't affected in the least by his "Grab 'em by the Pussy" comments or peeking into the dressing rooms at Miss Universe, or some of the other snatch and grab rudeness that was reported by other women.
The March today is making me feel a little better. Maybe things aren't quite as bad as I thought.

I actually hope not.

There are countries, like India (and there is a march in Dehli) where women face a lot of violence, rape, discrimmination that they are fighting to have recognized.

I've been to India...I never want to go back. Talk about a third world shithole and yes women have it awful there. I've never witnessed so much poverty either.

In fact women here should spend some time in India....then rethink how awful they have it here

I hope, so hope, he can hear the roar from 1600 Pennsylvania. It was discouraging to me that Trump's popularity wasn't affected in the least by his "Grab 'em by the Pussy" comments or peeking into the dressing rooms at Miss Universe, or some of the other snatch and grab rudeness that was reported by other women.
The March today is making me feel a little better. Maybe things aren't quite as bad as I thought.

Agreed...and I think part of that was an overall backlash against PC that made it suddenly acceptable. Part of it also though was other issues were so much stronger that it went to the back of the line.

I actually hope not.

I've been to India...I never want to go back. Talk about a third world shithole and yes women have it awful there. I've never witnessed so much poverty either.

Women, especially in combination with the cast system have it hard - especially in the rural areas where it's still very tribal, very backwards and very poor.

I actually hope not.

Women, especially in combination with the cast system have it hard - especially in the rural areas where it's still very tribal, very backwards and very poor.

I was raised in rural Indiana, sorry I'm not buying that

I actually hope not.

I'm talking about rural India - huge difference from rural USA :lol:

You honestly think Trump is the only man who's made comments like that? I'm under no delusions my own husband doesn't engage in "locker room banter". The left tried to make it political and it failed....that should give you some pause...and you all still don't know why Trump won. America is tired of noise, it wants results

There have been some really good speeches. I especially liked the Rabbi's comments.

I actually hope not.

I'm talking about rural India - huge difference from rural USA :lol:

My mistake I thought you were referring to rural America. But yes you're correct on India.

Forum List

Back