The Wingnut Template

The punditry vs. the presidency
How the constant chorus of ‘do something’ Obama foreign policy critics gets it wrong

There is a fun foreign policy game making all the rounds in Washington D.C. this summer: Pin the tail on Barack Obama.

Its appeal is not hard to understand; it's so easy to play.

Step 1: Pick a foreign crisis that touches even slightly on U.S. national security interests. This shouldn't be hard, because the United States defines practically everything in the world as being an American interest.

Step 2: Make clear that this is no garden-variety problem but rather "the defining crisis of [OBAMA'S] presidency," or a threat to the "very foundations of global order" or the answer to the question, "is this how World War III begins."

Step 3: Bemoan the lack of "leadership," "strategy," "attention" or "fortitude" from the commander in chief. Note that the President is "weirdly detached" and "emotionally disengaged" (bonus points for a Churchill reference).

Make corny jokes about how Obama's focus on golf is "turning into 'a real handicap.'" Ask snarky questions like "what would it look like if America actually had a Middle East strategy" that wasn't defined by "inaction" and the lack of a "clear vision." Even suggest that if only a Russian strongman were running America, those terrorists would finally get their due.

Step 4: Insist that everything would be better if something had been done differently a few years ago (bonus points if you made that suggestion at the time).

Say things like:

"We should have ____ ("bombed Syria" or "supported the moderate rebels" or "bombed Syria and supported the rebels")…

"If only we had ____ ("pressured Maliki" or "kept troops in Iraq" or "pressured Maliki and kept the troops in Iraq")...

Step 5: Offer a set of proposals that are vague and contradictory, have little chance of being implemented, fail to take account domestic politics and would do absolutely nothing to impact the crisis that you've described in Step 1.

Step 6: Publish your condemnation in a major newspaper or news outlet. Wait for a phone call from a booker with a Sunday morning talk show.

There are no points for understanding how international relations work, how U.S. power is actually utilized or how other countries interpret their own interests. There's no space on the board for tracking the real-life impact of your recommendations.

*snip*

Managing America's role in the world isn't a game.
Expresses it perfectly.

And indeed we see examples of this inane punditry from the partisan right on this very forum.

Strange that you think he's bumbling it.

Based on what?
My own experiences and the comments by everyone else. Even NBC said he's a fuck up yesterday.
Nothing specific? I'm shocked! Lol!

Playing dumb are we?

I'm not going to waste time answering stupid questions.

I'm like you, mudwhistle. Put up an intelligent argument and I'll respond. But diversions for diversion sake are a game libs want to play that the rest of us are tired of.

Why yes, your threads are a breath of fresh shit slinging

Aww, this from the little boy that begged me weeks ago to not do personal attacks on him and I agreed. Well, I guess that pact didn't last long, now that you're feeling desperation about the mid terms. So game on dumb shit. Don't cry when I use both barrels on you. :banana2:

Based on what?
My own experiences and the comments by everyone else. Even NBC said he's a fuck up yesterday.

Playing dumb are we?

I'm not playing dumb - you just think he's bumbling because he's not doing what Bush/McCain/Cheney would be doing.

But what they did was bumbled - the jury is in.

Why should Obama follow a failed strategy?

It's true you aren't PLAYING dumb. You really ARE fucking dumb.

The biggest failure is to have No Strategy in the first place.

Just sayin'.

The tone of desperation in your thread is beyond hilarious. I'm almost past disgust with you incompetent, lying POS liberals and ready for the pity phase.

The entire world can see what a disaster OBUMBLER is.

You're not turning the tide in the least. Next month it will be worse when the Ukraine disaster will become front and center as well as the ME.
Fuck off. This thread is for the adults.

Bullshit. You're paid by Democrats to engage in disinformation campaigns and diversions now that Labor Day is here. That's how you dumb fucks do it.

And if you're not being paid to do such dishonest, lying POS bullshit, you're even dumber than I thought.

Based on what?

Playing dumb are we?

I'm like you, mudwhistle. Put up an intelligent argument and I'll respond. But diversions for diversion sake are a game libs want to play that the rest of us are tired of.

Aww, this from the little boy that begged me weeks ago to not do personal attacks on him and I agreed. Well, I guess that pact didn't last long, now that you're feeling desperation about the mid terms. So game on dumb shit. Don't cry when I use both barrels on you. :banana2:

Do you have dementia? you never stopped attacking me....and what's worse is you claim to be highly educated in a field you never use the correct nomenclature for, all you do is opinion and no fact or logic...

Based on what?

Playing dumb are we?

I'm not playing dumb - you just think he's bumbling because he's not doing what Bush/McCain/Cheney would be doing.

But what they did was bumbled - the jury is in.

Why should Obama follow a failed strategy?

Well looky here. It's the old tired "It's BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!" line.

Based on what?

Playing dumb are we?

Do you have dementia? you never stopped attacking me....and what's worse is you claim to be highly educated in a field you never use the correct nomenclature for, all you do is opinion and no fact or logic...

I was careful to disagree with you in the most kid-gloved way and you STILL saw that as attacking? Well, this is why this country is polarized.

Since most of you liberals are insecure, whiny, overly sensitive dumbasses who also happen to be uninformed and illogical, there's only one way to resolve our issues.

Talk to me in November when we kick your asses. :)

The tone of desperation in your thread is beyond hilarious. I'm almost past disgust with you incompetent, lying POS liberals and ready for the pity phase.

You're not turning the tide in the least. Next month it will be worse when the Ukraine disaster will become front and center as well as the ME.

Bullshit. You're paid by Democrats to engage in disinformation campaigns and diversions now that Labor Day is here. That's how you dumb fucks do it.

And if you're not being paid to do such dishonest, lying POS bullshit, you're even dumber than I thought.
If anyone hasn't told you yet, you have a potty mouth.

As to the OP, Repubs calling out ANYONE on foreign policy is a hoot :laugh: after their well-documented, monumental f' ups

Based on what?

Playing dumb are we?

Like usual, some lib wants me to spend my energy going down some unimportant path instead of spending it uncovering their lies, so sorry, not going to bite except to summarize why your post is so dumb.

Macro economics is not a science, it is an art. But by all means keep telling everyone how stupid you are to imply it's black and white.

Did you know we actually sit in doctorate level econ courses and talk about sun spots??? Idiot.

If anyone hasn't told you yet, you have a potty mouth.

Most people used to doing things on the front lines have potty mouths. DUMBASS.

Just sayin'.

If your not piss ignorant you can see the strategy unfolding before your eyes...
true. Its termed "not getting involved in foreign civil wars/policing the world" because Repubs broke the bank for the next 10-20 yrs by doing that in the last Repub admin :happy-1:

Actually, its hallmarks are drawing Faux Red Lines, and "Leading From Behind"...which fool no foreign leaders, but seems to placate pablum swilling moonbats.

Last edited:

Just sayin'.

If your not piss ignorant you can see the strategy unfolding before your eyes...
true. Its termed "not getting involved in foreign civil wars/policing the world" because Repubs broke the bank for the next 10-20 yrs by doing that in the last Repub admin :happy-1:

Just like I said: paid Democrat retards dispersed throughout the internet to lie, misinform, divert, etc.

The punditry vs. the presidency
How the constant chorus of ‘do something’ Obama foreign policy critics gets it wrong

There is a fun foreign policy game making all the rounds in Washington D.C. this summer: Pin the tail on Barack Obama.

Its appeal is not hard to understand; it's so easy to play.

Step 1: Pick a foreign crisis that touches even slightly on U.S. national security interests. This shouldn't be hard, because the United States defines practically everything in the world as being an American interest.

Step 2: Make clear that this is no garden-variety problem but rather "the defining crisis of [OBAMA'S] presidency," or a threat to the "very foundations of global order" or the answer to the question, "is this how World War III begins."

Step 3: Bemoan the lack of "leadership," "strategy," "attention" or "fortitude" from the commander in chief. Note that the President is "weirdly detached" and "emotionally disengaged" (bonus points for a Churchill reference).

Make corny jokes about how Obama's focus on golf is "turning into 'a real handicap.'" Ask snarky questions like "what would it look like if America actually had a Middle East strategy" that wasn't defined by "inaction" and the lack of a "clear vision." Even suggest that if only a Russian strongman were running America, those terrorists would finally get their due.

Step 4: Insist that everything would be better if something had been done differently a few years ago (bonus points if you made that suggestion at the time).

Say things like:

"We should have ____ ("bombed Syria" or "supported the moderate rebels" or "bombed Syria and supported the rebels")…

"If only we had ____ ("pressured Maliki" or "kept troops in Iraq" or "pressured Maliki and kept the troops in Iraq")...

Step 5: Offer a set of proposals that are vague and contradictory, have little chance of being implemented, fail to take account domestic politics and would do absolutely nothing to impact the crisis that you've described in Step 1.

Step 6: Publish your condemnation in a major newspaper or news outlet. Wait for a phone call from a booker with a Sunday morning talk show.

There are no points for understanding how international relations work, how U.S. power is actually utilized or how other countries interpret their own interests. There's no space on the board for tracking the real-life impact of your recommendations.

*snip*

Managing America's role in the world isn't a game.
Expresses it perfectly.

And indeed we see examples of this inane punditry from the partisan right on this very forum.

Yup. Basically you're saying that his incompetency should be ignored by all.

Thanks for the clarification.

Obama has nothing to offer when it comes to a real world crisis. Our allies have written him off as a responsible partner when it comes to aggression by our common enemies.

What a change over the last 200 plus year of our country's existence.

Obama has ushered in a new age of American impotence.

And you libs are loving it.

Forum List

Back