'It's OK --Russia will cooperate with US on an asteroid'

As tensions rise in Eastern Ukraine and the conflict between Russia-backed separatists and Kiev becomes ever more bloody, political volleys between the old Cold War rivals have become increasingly aggressive.

But one question has yet to be addressed: If we spot an incoming asteroid, will information be shared between Russia and the US? We can breathe easy, at least according to Russian state media — the nation is willing to capitulate on this particular disaster scenario.

Capitulate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
: to admit that an enemy or opponent has won
: to stop trying to fight or resist something : to agree to do or accept something that you have been resisting or opposing

You hear that? All it takes is one asteroid, and Russia will capitulate, or surrender. Vladimir "I put copious amounts of mayonnaise on my fries" Poutine will be removed from his dictatorial position, and we will have won the Cold War.

Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, and both Bushes couldn't win the Cold War put together, but it looks like it'll finally be over thanks to President Obama.

Russia is cooperating with us on a lot more things than merely deflecting an earth-ending asteroid.

It is also helping us and Israel to rid the world of Islam.

And I'm truly glad the idiots on this board and elsewhere—whose holistic understanding of political science comes from an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians—accuse those of us Americans who admire Putin of being "traitors", among a host of other slurs.

The Russians have always been America's best friend. :thup:

Russia is cooperating with us on a lot more things than merely deflecting an earth-ending asteroid.

And I'm truly glad the idiots on this board and elsewhere—whose holistic understanding of political science comes from an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians—accuse those of us Americans who admire Putin of being "traitors", among a host of other slurs.

they have?.....did not seem like it back in the 80's......

Harry Dresden said:

Thaaaaaaaaat's how international political intrigue and doublespeak work.

They didn't send us any ICBMs, did they?

Oh boy. On base, in uniform, when we stopped those Soviet ships off of Cuba. That was one hell of a close thing for everyone. Ever spend a few hours wondering if you would see the flash of the bomb that killed you?

how i learned to stop worrying and love the sharts said:

Old Rocks said:
Oh boy. On base, in uniform, when we stopped those Soviet ships off of Cuba. That was one hell of a close thing for everyone. Ever spend a few hours wondering if you would see the flash of the bomb that killed you?

Well first and foremost, I thank you for your service.

And yeah, I've spent considerable time both in private and in collegiate undergraduate classes wondering what might have been — and seen considerable movies about it, to boot.

But it didn't happen.

And one of the main reasons it didn't is because the Soviets perished the thought of global thermonuclear war just as much or more than we did. Which isn't to say that either of us are—solely by virtue of our past—safe from each other today, as the Cold War's sequel is eminent. But the cold hard fact is that neither of us have ever truly wanted a nuclear war.

We both love global stability.

Islam, not a revived USSR, is the biggest threat to that.

And Vladimir Putin is actually our best friend. :thup:

Harry Dresden said:

Thaaaaaaaaat's how international political intrigue and doublespeak work.

They didn't send us any ICBMs, did they?
gee i wonder why.....

I ought to add some information here, to present a bigger picture.
Russia was US supporter since the very first days of our country till the beginning of 20th century.
When the War for Independence started in 1775, Russia refused to help George III to put down the Revolution (as it was supposed to, for George and Russian tsar were relatives and monarchs). Moreover, after the war Russia was among the first countries to recognize the new state.
During the Civil War Russia helped the North. Russian ships were located in New York and San Francisco, their task was to prevent British fleet from coming to the South and from endangering the North.
And the tension between the countries started only in the 20th century when the theory of containment of Russia appeared.

war and shart said:

CherryPanda said:
I ought to add some information here, to present a bigger picture.
Russia was US supporter since the very first days of our country till the beginning of 20th century.
When the War for Independence started in 1775, Russia refused to help George III to put down the Revolution (as it was supposed to, for George and Russian tsar were relatives and monarchs). Moreover, after the war Russia was among the first countries to recognize the new state.
During the Civil War Russia helped the North. Russian ships were located in New York and San Francisco, their task was to prevent British fleet from coming to the South and from endangering the North.

And the tension between the countries started only in the 20th century when the theory of containment of Russia appeared.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Glad you joined us, and added your knowledgeable tidbits. Good stuff. :thup:

Forum List

Back