The Walking Dead Season 6

Who did Negan kill? Damn you Walking Dead! Damn you!

It is betweenAbe, Aaron and Eugene. Daryl was on the Talking Dead and again they aren't killing him. Rick, Carl and the women are safe. They never have the big deaths the same, so not Glenn.

My dead pool:
(1) Eugene - most likely candidate. He found himself and he gave Rick the bullet making instructions.
(2) Aaron - he seemed in the spot that was selected. It would be a cop out. Tied for 2nd.
(3) Abe - he is talking about the future and starting a family. Those are always bad signs. He would also be that emotional loss.

I'm thinking Abraham.
Not sure I will bother to watch when it comes back on. Rick isn't the bad ass he used to be. Poor judgement and now fucking his fighter sister Michonne. It ruined it for me. The dynamics have changed and not in a good way. Just kinda not interested anymore. So....with that said..I don't really care who got Lucille'd.

Someone on Twitter said maggie's baby died and is now eating it's way out of her. Ewww.

It is betweenAbe, Aaron and Eugene. Daryl was on the Talking Dead and again they aren't killing him. Rick, Carl and the women are safe. They never have the big deaths the same, so not Glenn.

My dead pool:
(1) Eugene - most likely candidate. He found himself and he gave Rick the bullet making instructions.
(2) Aaron - he seemed in the spot that was selected. It would be a cop out. Tied for 2nd.
(3) Abe - he is talking about the future and starting a family. Those are always bad signs. He would also be that emotional loss.
I actually said "Crapity crap crap CRAP!" when the beatdown was given from the perspective of the recipient - and now having to WAIT...
I agree, I think Eugene was it, for about the same reasons you posted. Also, it seemed (from the camera angle) that whoever it is was on Negan's right side and Eugene was (IIRC) the farthest over.
Unlike you, I don't think that Daryl's out of the running. It seemed to me that there was a bit of an odd reaction on Talking Dead when the subject of him doing a shower scene next season was brought up. That may have been for different reasons, though.:lol:
The fact that TWD would possibly lose a lot of viewers if Daryl were to be the victim minimizes the chances somewhat, but doesn't rule him out completely.

On another note - did anyone else find the Saviors' "hunting whistle" bit creepy as heck?

I was pissed at the show for the ending. Of course, today I am better because I have had enough time now to reflect on the fact that it is just a tv show. The very end sucked though, and not just because you don't know who gets beaten. It is way too drawn out. When Negan started counting "eanie, meanie, minie moe", I was ready to turn off the TV and go to bed. It felt like the writers did not know how they wanted to end it. Of course they were trying to build tension, but they totally fucked ip the scene by making it go on too long. The best thing about the deaths in WD is that they are sudden and unexpected (except for the sign you get from the writers....i.e., if someone makes some positive and enlightening contribution then they get marked for death... A simplistic but effective way to make the audience emotionally feel the death and thereby connect them with the show.).

Clearly TWD is not the greatest tv show ever (that was Breaking Bad), nor does it pretend to be. But the writers and show runner fucked up this last scene, and thereby kind of wasted all of the tension that was effectively built up during the earlier portions of the show.

On Carol and her subplot, I was expecting her to get knocked off. It would be fitting for her to die, as it would prove herself right - you stay strong or you die. But the show pussed out by going the feel good route of having the character redeem herself (which is what we can expect to happen next). Hell, Carol may go full-on Rambo and save the others from the Saviors just like she did with the cannibals. I have not read the comics so I do not have a clue as to what the future holds (I also maintain my self esteem by not being an adult who reads comic books).

Back to the earlier point, Negan's treatment of the crew was WAY too feel good. A reasonable leader in the zombie apocalypse would take a group that is responsible for hurting their group and murder the shit out of them. He would just murder them and take all their shit. He sure as hell would murder their leader. The show pussed out on this too.

Here's how the finale should of went:

The first hour of the episode is fine.

The last half hour of the episode: Carol dies. Morgan cannot get to her in time to help her because zombies eat his horse.

When it becomes clear that Rick's group will not make it to hilltop then Abraham rams the Winnebago into a Saviour road block. Everything goes up in flames and the group fights their way out. It may not be the best judgment call for Rick to make, but Rick's judgment has always sucked.

The gang fights there way out, Maggie and maybe another one die, then they go back home to regroup and prepare to fight Negan next season.

There. Was that so hard? Sometimes I think that the WD crew get too caught up in this show and start believing they are more talented than they actually are.

I'm thinking Abraham.
Not sure I will bother to watch when it comes back on. Rick isn't the bad ass he used to be. Poor judgement and now fucking his fighter sister Michonne. It ruined it for me. The dynamics have changed and not in a good way. Just kinda not interested anymore. So....with that said..I don't really care who got Lucille'd.

Someone on Twitter said maggie's baby died and is now eating it's way out of her. Ewww.

First, I agree it was very cheap and disrespectful to fans to end on a cliff hanger. You have the best ratings on TV you do not need a cheap gimmick to get them to come back.

Second, very stupid planning. If Maggie was in that much pain then having her on the road was not a good idea. Maybe now Rick understands why Andrea kept the wife beater around. Good doctors are very important now. Yet when they saw the second road block, they knew something was up and they should have turned back and realized an assault on Alexandria was going to occur.

Third, there are only 3 characters I would truly miss. Carol (she is safe), Daryl (best character in the show by far), Rosita (good actress and necessary eye candy) and Judith (I couldn't take a baby's death). Daryl is in peril (although I think the show-runners are smart enough to not kill him off. He is too beloved), so that makes it nerve-wrecking enough for me.

I won't miss Abe, Carl (yep he still sucks as a teen), Aaron (I like his character but he has had that much air time to care that much about him), Michonne or Tyresse sister (I am not that much of a fan of either character). Just like when Tyreese and Herschel were killed I was initially moved but got over them with a few episodes: Rick, Maggie, Glenn and Eugene.

Lastly, I guarantee you will tune I season premier just like everyone else. Cliff hangers are torture but effective.

Two other thing:
Jeffrey Dean-Morgan we a great pick. He is an awesome villain. Great introduction.

Father Gabriel won me over. I like his character.

My dead pool:
I actually said "Crapity crap crap CRAP!" when the beatdown was given from the perspective of the recipient - and now having to WAIT...
I agree, I think Eugene was it, for about the same reasons you posted. Also, it seemed (from the camera angle) that whoever it is was on Negan's right side and Eugene was (IIRC) the farthest over.
Unlike you, I don't think that Daryl's out of the running. It seemed to me that there was a bit of an odd reaction on Talking Dead when the subject of him doing a shower scene next season was brought up. That may have been for different reasons, though.:lol:
The fact that TWD would possibly lose a lot of viewers if Daryl were to be the victim minimizes the chances somewhat, but doesn't rule him out completely.

On another note - did anyone else find the Saviors' "hunting whistle" bit creepy as heck?

Daryl is not officially ruled out, but shows are about ratings and risk. I believe the network executives know that killing Daryl at this point is too risky.

I was pissed at the show for the ending. Of course, today I am better because I have had enough time now to reflect on the fact that it is just a tv show. The very end sucked though, and not just because you don't know who gets beaten. It is way too drawn out. When Negan started counting "eanie, meanie, minie moe", I was ready to turn off the TV and go to bed. It felt like the writers did not know how they wanted to end it. Of course they were trying to build tension, but they totally fucked ip the scene by making it go on too long. The best thing about the deaths in WD is that they are sudden and unexpected (except for the sign you get from the writers....i.e., if someone makes some positive and enlightening contribution then they get marked for death... A simplistic but effective way to make the audience emotionally feel the death and thereby connect them with the show.).

Clearly TWD is not the greatest tv show ever (that was Breaking Bad), nor does it pretend to be. But the writers and show runner fucked up this last scene, and thereby kind of wasted all of the tension that was effectively built up during the earlier portions of the show.

On Carol and her subplot, I was expecting her to get knocked off. It would be fitting for her to die, as it would prove herself right - you stay strong or you die. But the show pussed out by going the feel good route of having the character redeem herself (which is what we can expect to happen next). Hell, Carol may go full-on Rambo and save the others from the Saviors just like she did with the cannibals. I have not read the comics so I do not have a clue as to what the future holds (I also maintain my self esteem by not being an adult who reads comic books).

Back to the earlier point, Negan's treatment of the crew was WAY too feel good. A reasonable leader in the zombie apocalypse would take a group that is responsible for hurting their group and murder the shit out of them. He would just murder them and take all their shit. He sure as hell would murder their leader. The show pussed out on this too.

Here's how the finale should of went:

The first hour of the episode is fine.

The last half hour of the episode: Carol dies. Morgan cannot get to her in time to help her because zombies eat his horse.

When it becomes clear that Rick's group will not make it to hilltop then Abraham rams the Winnebago into a Saviour road block. Everything goes up in flames and the group fights their way out. It may not be the best judgment call for Rick to make, but Rick's judgment has always sucked.

The gang fights there way out, Maggie and maybe another one die, then they go back home to regroup and prepare to fight Negan next season.

There. Was that so hard? Sometimes I think that the WD crew get too caught up in this show and start believing they are more talented than they actually are.
I thought the episode was one of the best of the seasons. Negan's entrance was a bit long, but the actor nailed it. The suspense was killing me and it hit on all cylinders!

Who did Negan kill? .

If they follow the comics then it's Glenn, but they tend to deviate quite a bit, so it's hard to say. It could be any one of them really, except for Rick.
Rick, Carl it the women (they are not going to beat a woman to a bloody pulp on TV.

How do you know they won't? They didn't actually show it
I just don't think the network, in the PC environment, will allow a man to beat a woman with a bat to death.

Who did Negan kill? .

If they follow the comics then it's Glenn, but they tend to deviate quite a bit, so it's hard to say. It could be any one of them really, except for Rick.
Rick, Carl it the women (they are not going to beat a woman to a bloody pulp on TV.

I just don't think the network, in the PC environment, will allow a man to beat a woman with a bat to death.

They've showed little children being eaten alive. I don't think anything is beyond them for shock value.

Who did Negan kill? .

They've showed little children being eaten alive. I don't think anything is beyond them for shock value.
Good point

>

I'm freaking pissed...

................................ I missed 2 of 3 in the Quiz...

.................................................I usually nail 3 for 3. :blowup:

>>>>

An internal consistency question : How in the hell did the Saviors stay hidden for so long? Why hasn't anyone else run into them before now? They clearly have a whole lot of people and get around a bit, yet neither the main group, nor the people of Alexandria, nor the Governor's people, nor the train station cannibals seem to have ever come across them. :dunno:

This episode was too expected. Even for someone who hadn't heard about Negan killing someone with the barbed wire wrapped bat, it was clear someone was getting killed. I agree that it was too drawn out.

I have no idea how this goes in the comics, but I'm going to guess the group somehow ends up convincing some of the Saviors to revolt. Either that or they find enough communities under Negan's thumb to join together.

My dead pool:

What I found creepy about the whistling is that it made me think of the Hunger Games. :p

After reading this post, I was eating a packet of Smarties at my desk. I got done and noticed that I had managed to spill Smartie powder everywhere, and I said, "Crappity crap crap crap." out loud. :lmao:

If it's Abraham or Eugene, I'm sorry but that's not worth the cliff hanger. Abe is cool and all but I'm not losing sleep over his death. If they didn't kill someone beloved then these writers just don't have the balls to carry on with a show like this where anyone can die at anytime

Forum List

Back