The Vietnam War

^^^^^Kerry came back, and proceeded to become a Far Left anti American protester, and lied about what he saw in Vietnam. He USED Vietnam to begin his political career. He used the deaths of brave U.S. soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines to advance his career. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being, and yes an ARROGANT JERK.

I'm watching it on PBS.

I'd like to talk about it. With someone. :)

There is a lot fake news about the war. Most people only know what Hollywood has told them.

The PBS series was terrible.
In a nutshell, the war was a terrible failure caused entirely by a corrupt political class. Of which, unfortunately, no one paid a price. As in all of America’s wars, the criminals who cause it seldom suffer any consequences, but the little people sure pay a high price.

Do you lay any fault on the French?

Of the Vietnamese governments themselves?
Yes. Plenty of blame to go around. But the funny thing is, the perpetrators all have one thing in common. Government.

Government is largely incompetent. Why people put so much faith in government to do the right thing, and actually accomplish stuff is beyond me. They fail again, and again yet the Democrats and their followers on the LEFT want a Big Government Solution for EVERYTHING. Madness.

Look how they even screw up war. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Somalia, etc.

I'm watching it on PBS.

There is a lot fake news about the war. Most people only know what Hollywood has told them.

In a nutshell, the war was a terrible failure caused entirely by a corrupt political class. Of which, unfortunately, no one paid a price. As in all of America’s wars, the criminals who cause it seldom suffer any consequences, but the little people sure pay a high price.

Yes. Plenty of blame to go around. But the funny thing is, the perpetrators all have one thing in common. Government.

Government is largely incompetent. Why people put so much faith in government to do the right thing, and actually accomplish stuff is beyond me. They fail again, and again yet the Democrats and their followers on the LEFT want a Big Government Solution for EVERYTHING. Madness.

Look how they even screw up war. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Somalia, etc.
Agreed, but the Rs are no different.

How so?? ... :dunno:

The series was basically told from the anti war prospective. It established moral equivalency to the Communists, which was despicable. It focused far too much on the opposition and missed much of the historical significance.

PBS has a history of putting Leftest spin on their historical documentaries and this series was no different.

PBS told the story of the Civil War from the perspective of the North, Baseball was all about evil White men not letting the Negroes play and the series on Vietnam was a anti war hit piece.

The series almost made me sick to watch it.

I'm watching it on PBS.

The war was caused by the Communists and fought by the Communists. They were brutal assholes that killed hundred of thousands of innocent Vietnamese.

The VC and and the NVA were the bad guys in that conflict. They were backed by the Soviets and the Chinese and they were brutal.

The series was basically told from the anti war prospective. It established moral equivalency to the Communists, which was despicable. It focused far too much on the opposition and missed much of the historical significance.

PBS has a history of putting Leftest spin on their historical documentaries and this series was no different.

PBS told the story of the Civil War from the perspective of the North, Baseball was all about evil White men not letting the Negroes play and the series on Vietnam was a anti war hit piece.

I was interested in the American perspective on that show.

Most of my fellow Vietnam Veterans thought it was a Liberal hatchet job.

I wonder what Eyepub would think. :)

I wonder what Eyepub would think. :)

Who cares? That boy is beaucoup dinky dau.

What do you think of the documentary?
If you had taken the time to read my posts on this thread. You would have noticed that I stated more than once that I liked documentary.

btw the phrase, "beaucoup dinky dau" was a french/vietnamese saying used by America soldiers during the war. It was a derogatory term meaning that someone was "totally batsh!t crazy". .... :cool:

Last edited:
What do you think of the documentary?
If you had taken the time to read my posts on this thread. You would have noticed that I stated more than once that I liked documentary.

btw the phrase, "beaucoup dinky dau" was a french/vietnamese saying used by America soldiers during the war. It was a derogatory term meaning that someone was "totally crazy". .... :cool:

I didn't take the time. I skimmed through.

Thanks for telling me about the saying.

I'm watching it on PBS.

The war was caused by the Communists and fought by the Communists. They were brutal assholes that killed hundred of thousands of innocent Vietnamese.

The VC and and the NVA were the bad guys in that conflict. They were backed by the Soviets and the Chinese and they were brutal.
Do you have any idea how many Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Laotian civilians were killed by US forces and their allies?

I'm watching it on PBS.

Do you have any idea how many Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Laotian civilians were killed by US forces and their allies?

Yes I do.

I also know from first hand experience how vicious murderers the Communists were.

Forum List

Back