The Vietnam War

Most discussed topic at parties even with civil rights just being passed. Side note: please give me likes-I need them to reply to comments with quotes.

After the release of the Pentagon Papers the jig was up...or should`ve been. So sad.

The real nationalists who led the war of liberation against the Japanese and the french supported or at least were forced to support a totalitarian ideology (communism) due to western refusal (including America) to recognize them.

The puppets of the West, put in power by french colonialism, supported an open, democratic society.

The real nationalists after fighting like lions for more than 20 years eventually defeated the puppets of France and America and unified the country under the totalitarian ideology.

A failed military escapade that cost 50,000 American lives.

Disgusting!
You can thank J Kennedy and L Johnson for that fiasco, not to mention Truman who should of told France to fuck off when Ho Chi asked for Vietnams freedom...France got their ass handed to them again, JFK sent in troops to see how bad, France bailed out, like the pussies they are, then LBJ went full war monger, so his military buddies could make billions while killing off young men, making his economy look better..

Killing commies is always a noble endeavor. We should have wiped them off the planet years ago after the soviet union shit the bed.

We fucked up in 'Nam by not understanding the people or the issue. Ho Chi Mihn LOVED the US. He would have just as easily promoted a capitalist pro US regime if all we had done was help them get the fucking frogs the hell out of their country.

In spite of the war, America is still not viewed by the people as an enemy.

China is.

Disgusting!
You can thank J Kennedy and L Johnson for that fiasco, not to mention Truman who should of told France to fuck off when Ho Chi asked for Vietnams freedom...France got their ass handed to them again, JFK sent in troops to see how bad, France bailed out, like the pussies they are, then LBJ went full war monger, so his military buddies could make billions while killing off young men, making his economy look better..
yeah, let us leave out IKE and all the conservatives and Republicans that backed it and advocated for it and called anyone who questioned it - a traitor

next

unworthy of discussion.. who cares what leftie pbs whore Ken Burns says -- oh wignuts do. All of a sudden what a leftie says is truth and ... okay

anyone over a certain age who needed Burns to teach them about Vietnam, is a friggin a-hole who has been living in a cave for most of their lives

Are you talking about the Ken Burns mockumentary? I watched some of it until has Left Wing bias showed, and he started to demonize the U.S. and make Ho, and his soldiers look like choir boys.

I'm watching it on PBS. I'd like to talk about it. With someone. :)
I wouldn't mind giving my 2¢ on the subject, because I grew up during that time period and was drafted into the Army to go fight in Vietnam in 1970

btw I thought the PBS documentary was pretty good and attempted to present all sides of a highly debated and emotional subject. .... :cool:

Disgusting!
What a half assed explanation. Eisenhower was the president who sent the first advisors to Viet Nam. My brother went in 64 and got to decapitate the viet Cong and take pictures of the bodies in a row with the soldiers holding the heads of the dead. Then on the aircraft carrier saw the deck hands try to sink the little water craft of the Viet namese people who were begging for food by tossing 55 gallon drums off the deck to hit and sink them.

I wouldn't mind giving my 2¢ on the subject, because I grew up during that time period and was drafted into the Army to go fight in Vietnam in 1970

btw I thought the PBS documentary was pretty good and attempted to present all sides of a highly debated and emotional subject. .... :cool:

I watched it in the US. And now I'm re watching it in Europe.

I was wondering what the Australians were doing there.

Disgusting!
What a half assed explanation. Eisenhower was the president who sent the first advisors to Viet Nam. My brother went in 64 and got to decapitate the viet Cong and take pictures of the bodies in a row with the soldiers holding the heads of the dead. Then on the aircraft carrier saw the deck hands try to sink the little water craft of the Viet namese people who were begging for food by tossing 55 gallon drums off the deck to hit and sink them.

Wherever the French were, they left a mess.

Are you talking about the Ken Burns mockumentary? I watched some of it until has Left Wing bias showed, and he started to demonize the U.S. and make Ho, and his soldiers look like choir boys.

I've heard that said about Ken Burns.

Today, I watched a segment in which John Kerry was demonising the Americans. Then it was countered by accusations of lying.

but weren't
Ho, and his soldiers

patriots, fighting on their own land?

my problem, why I would not watch it was it has been debated and used as a political weapon ever since.

It's more Baby Boomer looking into the mirror bullshit

Forum List

Back