The vaction home of our new Head of Education, Betsy Devos

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
born with a golden spoon, married into money, and tries their best to control our Mi politics, is now the head of Ed of the US, who is pro vouchers and private schools. A lot she is going to do for our Public Schools which our property tax goes to, and I really do not want my tax dollars to go to school vouchers or private schools. Thought you'd like to see some pics of her vacation home. Her kids were too good for public ed, same as most elites, which is why our Public Ed schools are going and have been in the gutters. Trump said he was going to clean up inner city schools, with her he is going to do that, she is responsible for the downfall of Public schools. (more pics in link)

Amway heir Dick and Betsy DeVos move into sprawling 22,000-square-foot mansion

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

The sprawling Lake Macatawa property and new home owned Dick and Betsy DeVos in Holland. At far left is the 6,000-square-foot guest house, and just to the right of that is the pool house. To the far right is the 20,000-square-foot, three bedroom mansion. (Mark Copier | The Grand Rapids Press)

HOLLAND -- Amway heir Dick DeVos and his wife, Betsy DeVos, moved into their new digs over Labor Day weekend.

For months, cars have slowed along South Shore Drive as gawkers have followed the construction of the DeVos home, the biggest house in Holland, if not Ottawa County.

"We are very excited with it," said Betsy DeVos, who grew up in Holland as the daughter of the late industrialist Edgar Prince. Her mother, Elsa Prince-Broekhuizen, owns a home a few doors down.

"As our family is continuing to grow, our hope is that it will be a gathering place for many generations," she said.

Their three-story vacation home sets a new standard for size and grandeur among the other million-dollar-plus mansions that line Lake Macatawa, a popular spot with access to Lake Michigan.

The stone and shingle house has 22,000 square feet of space. But if that's not enough room, there's a 6,200-square-foot guest house, plus a large infinity pool with a 700-square-foot pool house and three garages, according to city records.

Ahh... the politics of envy and hate.

Would have been a better pick if it was some fraud like Fauxcahontas Warren.

You moonbats are the dumbest mother fuckers alive.

I don't agree with attacks on someone's policies just because they're rich. The dollars and cents of school choice aren't dependent on having been too poor to go to a private school. I don't know anything about charter schools or how "school choice" is going to be paid for, so I'm not for or against it until I learn more, but dismissing her ideas out of hand because she's rich? Not sensible.

So when Democrats are in office, the elites use race warfare divide and conquer to rule, and when they are out of office, they use class warfare divide and conquer to make it difficult of the opposition to rule, is that it?

I don't agree with attacks on someone's policies just because they're rich. The dollars and cents of school choice aren't dependent on having been too poor to go to a private school. I don't know anything about charter schools or how "school choice" is going to be paid for, so I'm not for or against it until I learn more, but dismissing her ideas out of hand because she's rich? Not sensible.

Well, she's white, that should be good enough. :badgrin:

Damn white privilege.

Pete the bed wetter is now watering the flowers of the mansion.

The far right is unbelievable.

No I'm not jealous, but they can spend winters in their Fl home and summers on their yatchs in the beautiful Mi waters. I am against charter schools and tax dollars for them and tax dollars for vouchers. Make sure to read all the articl, For Profit, lots of people making money off of the kids now, and not really do their jobs. Lots of tax dollars being wasted. Also the rich elites have no idea about a "normal " income , average income family in the US, let alone the poor. She is part of the problem that went wrong with Detroit Public Schools.

The Free Press found that questionable decisions, excessive spending and misuse of taxpayer dollars run the gamut:

■ A Sault Ste. Marie charter school board gave its administrator a severance package worth $520,000 in taxpayer money.

■ A Bedford Township charter school spent more than $1 million on swampland.

■ A mostly online charter school in Charlotte spent $263,000 on a Dale Carnegie confidence-building class, $100,000 more than it spent on laptops and iPads.

■ Two board members who challenged their Romulus school’s management company over finances and transparency were ousted when the length of their terms was summarily reduced by Grand Valley State University.

■ National Heritage Academies, the state’s largest for-profit school management company, charges 14 of its Michigan schools $1 million or more in rent — which many real estate experts say is excessive.

■ A charter school in Pittsfield Township gave jobs and millions of dollars in business to multiple members of the founder’s family.

■ Charter authorizers have allowed management companies to open multiple schools without a proven track record of success.

Michigan’s first charter schools opened in 1994, based on a simple formula that exists to this day:

The boards of school districts, community colleges and state public universities can charter, or authorize, a school. Michigan gives charter schools an amount equal to or slightly less than the school district in which they are located. Authorizers can keep as much as 3% for oversight. The rest goes to the school. And individual school boards are responsible for running the school.

But many school boards let management companies handle the money and make the decisions. That’s reality, regardless of what charter enthusiasts anticipated when the first schools opened. And thestate exercises little control over whether a charter school is well run and high-performing, or not. Oversight is a patchwork with 40 authorizers.

“Michigan has one of the least restrictive environments for charter schools in the entire nation,” said Casandra Ulbrich, vice president of the state Board of Education, which sets education policy and advises lawmakers.

“We basically opened the door to all types of different charter schools, most of which are run by for-profit management companies, and it’s led to a lot of issues, primarily ... financial oversight and transparency.”

Michigan spends $1B on charter schools but fails to hold them accountable

born with a golden spoon, married into money, and tries their best to control our Mi politics, is now the head of Ed of the US, who is pro vouchers and private schools. A lot she is going to do for our Public Schools which our property tax goes to, and I really do not want my tax dollars to go to school vouchers or private schools. Thought you'd like to see some pics of her vacation home. Her kids were too good for public ed, same as most elites, which is why our Public Ed schools are going and have been in the gutters. Trump said he was going to clean up inner city schools, with her he is going to do that, she is responsible for the downfall of Public schools. (more pics in link)

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

The sprawling Lake Macatawa property and new home owned Dick and Betsy DeVos in Holland. At far left is the 6,000-square-foot guest house, and just to the right of that is the pool house. To the far right is the 20,000-square-foot, three bedroom mansion. (Mark Copier | The Grand Rapids Press)

HOLLAND -- Amway heir Dick DeVos and his wife, Betsy DeVos, moved into their new digs over Labor Day weekend.

For months, cars have slowed along South Shore Drive as gawkers have followed the construction of the DeVos home, the biggest house in Holland, if not Ottawa County.

"We are very excited with it," said Betsy DeVos, who grew up in Holland as the daughter of the late industrialist Edgar Prince. Her mother, Elsa Prince-Broekhuizen, owns a home a few doors down.

"As our family is continuing to grow, our hope is that it will be a gathering place for many generations," she said.

Their three-story vacation home sets a new standard for size and grandeur among the other million-dollar-plus mansions that line Lake Macatawa, a popular spot with access to Lake Michigan.

The stone and shingle house has 22,000 square feet of space. But if that's not enough room, there's a 6,200-square-foot guest house, plus a large infinity pool with a 700-square-foot pool house and three garages, according to city records.

Yo, LOVE the house, but your Jealousy of someone making it in the U.S.A. SUCKS!!! By the way, Trump has been saying at all of his rallies, he wants the States to handle Education, so keep your Hypocritical Views on Taxpayers to yourself! You didn`t scream about your Taxes when Obama was running up the Debt!!!

"GTP"
graphics-bugs-bunny-464762.gif

Well, she's white, that should be good enough. :badgrin:

Damn white privilege.

Oh hey I could careless about her kids, but she should not be in charge of the US Public Ed System., I don't care how much mula she has.

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

Yo, LOVE the house, but your Jealousy of someone making it in the U.S.A. SUCKS!!! By the way, Trump has been saying at all of his rallies, he wants the States to handle Education, so keep your Hypocritical Views on Taxpayers to yourself! You didn`t scream about your Taxes when Obama was running up the Debt!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 101251

She didn't make it , she inherited it and so did he. Born with "golden spoons". Money begets money.

Now I was aware when I posted this that the Al Rights would think I'm jealous, but I'm not. I just want someone who lives on Planet Earth to be in charge of Education in America.

We send ours to private schools and still pay taxes....get used to it, buttercup

I bet you get vouchers to send your kids to Catholic schools, am I right???

You would be wrong, they go to private schools (academies) and we pay their full tuition

So you say. Even so that is your choice, as long as I'm not paying it or donating to it.

You say a lot of shit, hag...most of it is BS though. And we don't need anything from you ya fucking broke joke. How's that, ya freaking moron?

Forum List

Back