The vaction home of our new Head of Education, Betsy Devos

I have and I also spent 4 years in the NG, college educated , and I'm retired, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to sit back and say nothing now, I still pay taxes.

So do we....and a helluva lot more than you do.

You assholes on the left waste tax money and left and right, billions on solar alone and not a damn thing to show for it. Stop preaching, you look ridiculous

How would you know. So say you pay more in taxes , do you think that gives you more of a right to say where the tax payers money goes??

Beetch I pay more in capital gain taxes in six months than you pay in taxes in five years....you just said you're retired. Good grief

Wasn't you the one bitching about where taxpayer money goes? Hint: Scroll up and see where you don't want to use tax money for vouchers.

You're too easy....cease bothering me.....now

My husband is not. He is younger than I. I don't want our tax dollars to go for vouchers or private schools, Devos wants tax payers to pay for both, I have no problem that my tax, property tax , goes mainly for the Public School System, and Comm. College in my area.

Well there is a new sheriff in town....you'll do as you're told

No I wont, I never did and I'm not going to start. Yes we have always paid our taxes, unlike Trump our Pres. I guess that gives me more say right?

So do we....and a helluva lot more than you do.

You assholes on the left waste tax money and left and right, billions on solar alone and not a damn thing to show for it. Stop preaching, you look ridiculous

How would you know. So say you pay more in taxes , do you think that gives you more of a right to say where the tax payers money goes??

Beetch I pay more in capital gain taxes in six months than you pay in taxes in five years....you just said you're retired. Good grief

Wasn't you the one bitching about where taxpayer money goes? Hint: Scroll up and see where you don't want to use tax money for vouchers.

My husband is not. He is younger than I. I don't want our tax dollars to go for vouchers or private schools, Devos wants tax payers to pay for both, I have no problem that my tax, property tax , goes mainly for the Public School System, and Comm. College in my area.

No I wont, I never did and I'm not going to start.

Whatever....go knit a new Nazi arm band or something

I voted for the non Nazi .

I voted for the non Nazi .

:cuckoo:

The OP needs to be taught that the class war is over and her side lost. Time to come in from the jungle.

born with a golden spoon, married into money, and tries their best to control our Mi politics, is now the head of Ed of the US, who is pro vouchers and private schools. A lot she is going to do for our Public Schools which our property tax goes to, and I really do not want my tax dollars to go to school vouchers or private schools. Thought you'd like to see some pics of her vacation home. Her kids were too good for public ed, same as most elites, which is why our Public Ed schools are going and have been in the gutters. Trump said he was going to clean up inner city schools, with her he is going to do that, she is responsible for the downfall of Public schools. (more pics in link)

Amway heir Dick and Betsy DeVos move into sprawling 22,000-square-foot mansion

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

The sprawling Lake Macatawa property and new home owned Dick and Betsy DeVos in Holland. At far left is the 6,000-square-foot guest house, and just to the right of that is the pool house. To the far right is the 20,000-square-foot, three bedroom mansion. (Mark Copier | The Grand Rapids Press)

HOLLAND -- Amway heir Dick DeVos and his wife, Betsy DeVos, moved into their new digs over Labor Day weekend.

For months, cars have slowed along South Shore Drive as gawkers have followed the construction of the DeVos home, the biggest house in Holland, if not Ottawa County.

"We are very excited with it," said Betsy DeVos, who grew up in Holland as the daughter of the late industrialist Edgar Prince. Her mother, Elsa Prince-Broekhuizen, owns a home a few doors down.

"As our family is continuing to grow, our hope is that it will be a gathering place for many generations," she said.

Their three-story vacation home sets a new standard for size and grandeur among the other million-dollar-plus mansions that line Lake Macatawa, a popular spot with access to Lake Michigan.

The stone and shingle house has 22,000 square feet of space. But if that's not enough room, there's a 6,200-square-foot guest house, plus a large infinity pool with a 700-square-foot pool house and three garages, according to city records.
Public schools are in the "gutter" because smart people can afford to send their kids to private schools?? WTF? :laugh:

Last edited:
Now I was aware when I posted this that the Al Rights would think I'm jealous, but I'm not. I just want someone who lives on Planet Earth to be in charge of Education in America.
I hope she finalizes a few things and Trump eliminates the position along with the department. The states should run education, not DC.

born with a golden spoon, married into money, and tries their best to control our Mi politics, is now the head of Ed of the US, who is pro vouchers and private schools. A lot she is going to do for our Public Schools which our property tax goes to, and I really do not want my tax dollars to go to school vouchers or private schools. Thought you'd like to see some pics of her vacation home. Her kids were too good for public ed, same as most elites, which is why our Public Ed schools are going and have been in the gutters. Trump said he was going to clean up inner city schools, with her he is going to do that, she is responsible for the downfall of Public schools. (more pics in link)

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

The sprawling Lake Macatawa property and new home owned Dick and Betsy DeVos in Holland. At far left is the 6,000-square-foot guest house, and just to the right of that is the pool house. To the far right is the 20,000-square-foot, three bedroom mansion. (Mark Copier | The Grand Rapids Press)

HOLLAND -- Amway heir Dick DeVos and his wife, Betsy DeVos, moved into their new digs over Labor Day weekend.

For months, cars have slowed along South Shore Drive as gawkers have followed the construction of the DeVos home, the biggest house in Holland, if not Ottawa County.

"We are very excited with it," said Betsy DeVos, who grew up in Holland as the daughter of the late industrialist Edgar Prince. Her mother, Elsa Prince-Broekhuizen, owns a home a few doors down.

"As our family is continuing to grow, our hope is that it will be a gathering place for many generations," she said.

Their three-story vacation home sets a new standard for size and grandeur among the other million-dollar-plus mansions that line Lake Macatawa, a popular spot with access to Lake Michigan.

The stone and shingle house has 22,000 square feet of space. But if that's not enough room, there's a 6,200-square-foot guest house, plus a large infinity pool with a 700-square-foot pool house and three garages, according to city records.
Public schools are in the "gutter" because smart people can afford to send their kids to private schools?? WTF? :laugh:

and they use taxpayers money to help pay for it. Smart people!! she would teach creation and that Adam and Eve were the first people, but I guess dumbing down the American people is smart for the elites.

Vouchers and Charter Schools created the downfall of Public schools.

Now I was aware when I posted this that the Al Rights would think I'm jealous, but I'm not. I just want someone who lives on Planet Earth to be in charge of Education in America.
I hope she finalizes a few things and Trump eliminates the position along with the department. The states should run education, not DC.

Schools are becoming for profit at least in MI. No oversight. I think we have a central gov for something and we need to make sure Public schools and every state adheres to certain standards.

Schools are becoming for profit at least in MI. No oversight. I think we have a central gov for something and we need to make sure Public schools and every state adheres to certain standards.
Private schools are growing because public ed sucks and people care about their kids.

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

and they use taxpayers money to help pay for it. Smart people!! she would teach creation and that Adam and Eve were the first people, but I guess dumbing down the American people is smart for the elites.

Vouchers and Charter Schools created the downfall of Public schools.

Nonsense

The very first thing she should do is go into the classroom in the inner city where kids who hate school because of their home situation and spend a whole year teaching a classroom full of delinquents. Then she can actually discuss education. Have we ever had a teacher who has taught for many years in this poisition?

The very first thing she should do is go into the classroom in the inner city where kids who hate school because of their home situation and spend a whole year teaching a classroom full of delinquents. Then she can actually discuss education. Have we ever had a teacher who has taught for many years in this poisition?

All kids in the inner city are not "delinquents."

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

Wish I had a vaction home like that.

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

You have condemned a person even before day 1 on the job. Good grief!

-65e901df8fe7f208.jpg

You have condemned a person even before day 1 on the job. Good grief!

The Devos are not new in MI. They have a history, and my opinion is not good. We need good public schools not charter schools , which many in MI are now privately owned and are not monitored..

Forum List

Back