The USMB Super-Server...

I wonder how much the other 15 sites that use the same server is paying? It is a dedicated server but it's used by a money making company. Before you plunk down your had earned cash, thought you might want to know.

Okay, here's some facts:

1. You need a server to run a board
2. Our prior server was getting slow and a new one was needed
3. There was probably a shared situation before
4. The people who own the server are a business, they make money, gasp!

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Okay, here's some facts:

1. You need a server to run a board

Duh

2. Our prior server was getting slow and a new one was needed

Which you don't own. You rent space. You really want me to list the other 15 using the current server? The Mother Company rents the server and, in turn, rents out space to other companies. You don't own the server. ThePlanet.com Internet Services owns the server and runs a Server Farm.

3. There was probably a shared situation before

It still is.

4. The people who own the server are a business, they make money, gasp!

Which you don't own and never did. You rent space on the server farm. The server is a shared server and not a real dedicated server.

I am not saying for people stop sending money. I am just posting the rest of the facts. 415 bucks a month should buy space on one hell of a server. And what is listed is one hell of a server. But usmessageboard.com isn't the only one using it.

The sky is falling!!!

:spinner:

Do you find the amount unreasonable? Because it sounds like you do.

Last edited:
The sky is falling!!!

:spinner:

Do you find the amount unreasonable? Because it sounds like you do.

Actually, I don't as long as all sites pay their fair share. I just stated facts. And "You can't Handle the Truth".

The way it was presented was that this area is the only one on the server. Come to find out, it's a shared server with 15 other sites sharing it. The people investing should know this. But since you aren't a paying member, you get no say other than the trolling you are doing.

I am done with you. Have a nice day.

Oh my, $415 a month .... Yeah rollin in dough they is ...

All you are doing is trying to obscure the facts. I must be fake news, right?

What's 'obscure' about it? It's at the top of the main forum page. You can be whatever you want; if you want to be fake news, then be fake news. It hasn't stopped any of the dozens of others from posting fake news, so it's apparently fine.

For me, since it was moved to a new server, things DO run smoother. Period. I am looking up, not down. :)

upload_2017-3-15_23-52-26.jpeg

I'm still waiting for my mocha.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back