USMB and thread trackers

You mean private browsing mode?

I used to go with DDG but found it was slowing stuff down big time in Win 10. I use Privacy Badger which probably is as good as what you're using, however, I had trouble posting Twitter feeds, it ended up being Badger. So I shut it off on this site.

Yeah, that's what I meant: Private browsing, not permanent. But Firefox is set to bring up all browser windows in private mode. It also blocks all of the ads.

Here’s a partial screen grab I just took from a report I received:

View attachment 898218

Why does USMB permit these things here. Does the company get paid for allowing this stuff?
Yes
That is also called "analytics"
These programs, mostly housed by Google, literally follow every website you go to that allows them. And many-many-many-many-many websites employ them.
They are used to "analyze" web use behaviors of people who are here in order to customize advertising for the site.
If site signs a deal with Google to provide advertising - this is all a part of the package.
Google, Facebook, Twitter all MSM - these spiders are every where

Yes
That is also called "analytics"
These programs, mostly housed by Google, literally follow every website you go to that allows them. And many-many-many-many-many websites employ them.
They are used to "analyze" web use behaviors of people who are here in order to customize advertising for the site.
If site signs a deal with Google to provide advertising - this is all a part of the package.
Google, Facebook, Twitter all MSM - these spiders are every where
Indeed. Word has it that Google uses all this info to train its AI's.
Now that's food for some thought eh?

Forum List

Back