The U.S. War On Drugs May Soon Run Into A Problem...

Lake Forest

ASA*:*Eight Lake Forest Marijuana Dispensaries Closed

Torrance

CA: Torrance council rejects medical marijuana shops | Marijuana.com

These are the only two incidents that I have personal knowledge of. I was at the Torrance City Hall meeting demanding that the dispensaries close. I have relatives in Lake Forest who were among those demanding the dispensaries close.

When there were more medical marijuana "clinics" in Los Angeles than Starbucks, LA cracked down and started their own mass closings.

Up In Smoke | Politics | SoCal Connected | Shows | KCET

From your link: "Lake Forest zoning code prohibits operations that are not specifically noted in the code, or anything that violates state or federal law, said Debra Rose, Lake Forest deputy city manager.

The marijuana dispensaries operating out of the strip mall’s second floor fall under both categories, Rose said."

Crime rate? No mention in the first article.

No I think you would have to live in Lake Forest to have experienced that. The residents would use anything to get rid of the dispensaries. If, in fact, the dispensaries had been of any benefit at all, no one would have complained.

I was at the City Council meeting in Torrance to close the dispensaries. It was more than standing room only with the crowd out the doors and on the lawn.

What does it take to get a crowd that size? How fed up do people have to be?

In a drug using progressive city like Los Angeles, what does it take for enough people to complain before there is a crack down?

Well it's up to Lake Forest City Council again as their zoning law reason for shutting down these businesses was struck down on appeal.

I'm not sure about that. We have the resources to protect and control our own Border. We can keep illegal drugs out if we want to. What they do in sovereign nations is none of our business. I think it's time to end the 'War on Drugs' in foreign nations. But that's just how i see it anyway.

We don't have the resources to keep human beings out. How can we keep out illegal drugs?
We need to end the war on drugs by a surge: try every drug dealer and execute him if found guilty. End of problem.

We have the resources, we just don't have the will.

True, we don't have the will to turn the US into North Korea, which is about what it would take to police the border thoroughly.

The thing is that doesn't necessarily work, they do that very thing in Iran when they catch drug dealers and they still have a huge drug problem there, especially with heroin.

For the right price, people will do anything.

Make capital punishment for speeding, and you offer to give me $10 million to drive 10 over the limit on a country road for an hour, I'll do it.

Yup, just killing every drug dealer you see won't stop the problem, like I said other countries are already doing that and it doesn't work.

Well China eradicated its opium problem at the beginning of the 20th century in just that way. Drug addicts got state of the art rehab the first time they were caught. They were executed the second time.
Make both the penalty unacceptably high and the chances of getting caught high and you will solve the problem.

Keeping Drugs illegal and then preventing them from entering our Nation, is our own problem. That's our own responsibility. But there is no reason for us to be fighting a 'Drug War' in several foreign sovereign nations. They have the right to make their own internal decisions.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Make capital punishment for speeding, and you offer to give me $10 million to drive 10 over the limit on a country road for an hour, I'll do it.

Yup, just killing every drug dealer you see won't stop the problem, like I said other countries are already doing that and it doesn't work.

Well China eradicated its opium problem at the beginning of the 20th century in just that way. Drug addicts got state of the art rehab the first time they were caught. They were executed the second time.
Make both the penalty unacceptably high and the chances of getting caught high and you will solve the problem.

Hmm I don't know, that would be an awfully lot of people we have to kill.

Keeping Drugs illegal and then preventing them from entering our Nation, is our own problem. That's our own responsibility. But there is no reason for us to be fighting a 'Drug War' in several foreign sovereign nations. They have the right to make their own internal decisions.

I have to agree with you there, for countries like Guatamala and Panama if it helps their countries and lowers crime for them to make drugs legal they should do it.

We have the resources, we just don't have the will.
Yeah....right.....Stay The Course.....like during 'Nam, and (now) Afghanistan.

Good thinkin', there!

282.png

Sure thing deranged mutant, whatever you say. :cuckoo:

Haha oh I'm so glad I have Mr. Shaman on ignore.

He tries to put blame on you for the Drug War, even though he worships Obama and Obama has increased and revamped the Drug War to heights never before seen and you vote for the only candidate who wants to end the war.

Oh the hypocrisy of partisans, always good for a laugh.

Yeah....right.....Stay The Course.....like during 'Nam, and (now) Afghanistan.

Good thinkin', there!

282.png

He tries to put blame on you for the Drug War, even though he worships Obama and Obama has increased and revamped the Drug War to heights never before seen and you vote for the only candidate who wants to end the war.

Ron Paul is the only Pres candidate who wants to legalize the drugs right?

If only we could be more like China. . .

Ron Paul is the only Pres candidate who wants to legalize the drugs right?

In the 2 big parties yes, I'm sure there's some in the smaller parties that do too.

Drug free and fiscally sound? Yeah I could go for that.

Then why not move there and tell us how you like it.

Do we really know for a fact they are "Drug free" though? Afghanistan is pretty close to China and they are importing record amounts of heroin, hard to believe none of that is making its way into China.

Drug free lol that's rich. You could at least try to study this stuff before you make such idiotic proclamations.

Illegal drug trade in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China's status in drug trafficking has changed significantly since the 1980s, when the country for the first time opened its borders to trade and tourism after 40 years of relative isolation. As trade with Southeast Asian countries and the elsewhere increased, so did the flow of illicit drugs and precursor chemicals from, into, and through China.

Do we really know for a fact they are "Drug free" though? Afghanistan is pretty close to China and they are importing record amounts of heroin, hard to believe none of that is making its way into China.

Afghanistan doesn't import heroin, they export it. Not many Afghans can afford to support a heroin habit. Not enough goats.

I'm positive that there are drug users in China. Just not very many. Rehab in China isn't exactly the same thing it is here.

For one thing, the average Chinese family isn't nearly as supportive and compassionate towards drug users as we are. I know several Chinese-American families who dealt with the discovery that their kids were using weed by packing them off on the next plane back home.

Drug free lol that's rich. You could at least try to study this stuff before you make such idiotic proclamations.

Illegal drug trade in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China's status in drug trafficking has changed significantly since the 1980s, when the country for the first time opened its borders to trade and tourism after 40 years of relative isolation. As trade with Southeast Asian countries and the elsewhere increased, so did the flow of illicit drugs and precursor chemicals from, into, and through China.

Yeah......you have me on Ignore, alright.

handjob.gif

Forum List

Back