The U.S. War On Drugs May Soon Run Into A Problem...

I'm not sure about that. We have the resources to protect and control our own Border. We can keep illegal drugs out if we want to. What they do in sovereign nations is none of our business. I think it's time to end the 'War on Drugs' in foreign nations. But that's just how i see it anyway.

We don't have the resources to keep human beings out. How can we keep out illegal drugs?
We need to end the war on drugs by a surge: try every drug dealer and execute him if found guilty. End of problem.

We have the resources, we just don't have the will.
Yeah....right.....Stay The Course.....like during 'Nam, and (now) Afghanistan.

Good thinkin', there!

282.png

Legalize drugs stop the crime.

The assailants were reported dressed in all black with masks over their faces and wielded martial arts batons — known as tong fa — to intimidate the deliveryman around 10 p.m. last Friday at an apartment house along the 800 block of South Sunset Avenue in West Covina, police said.

“After he made his delivery, he was walking back to his vehicle and was approached by two males in their 20s wearing ninja costumes and holding white batons,” said Sgt. Travis Tibbets.

The victim dropped the bag of marijuana and fled the scene, said Tibbets

Medical Marijuana Deliveryman Robbed By Baton-Wielding Ninjas In West Covina « CBS Los Angeles

Weren't you the one who told me legalizing drugs would not necessarily reduce the crime rate?

Probably so because it woudn't.

When medical marijuana was first legalized every city intended to solve their budget woes by having a pot clinic with money flowing in. Two of these cities I am familiar with, Torrance and Lake Forest. The increase in crime, vandalism and disorderly behavior soon proved too much for the residents of these cities to tolerate and the city halls were beseiged with angry residents demanding the city pull the business licenses. Pot advocates loaded up affidavits purporting to "prove" that crime actually went DOWN in cities that had pot clinics. The residents, having a much different personal experience kept it up until there are no more clinics in either Torrance or Lake Forest.

Now you can see why.

Sounds like bullshit, to me.....or, you'd have been able to post news-items verifying that.

handjob.gif

NOOP. We're going to create a "passing lane" for shipments and let you dumb fucks deal with it at YOUR(non existent) borders.

Whats this we? YOU aren't doing a damn thing you stupid ass bitch.
"We" means the citizenry here supports it. Unlike The Great Satan, that is of the utmost importance.
Tiene drogas ? Si senior. Donde transporte eso ? Los Estados Unidos.
Pase caballero. Pura Vida ! Hay una bomba poco mas adelante.:badgrin:

It's senor.

I don't know what the fuck you are saying, probably better you stay down there in that third world shit hole of yours.
I'll assure you I will.:eusa_pray:
I'll also be a gentleman and post the statement in a language you will surely be more comfortable with.
" Yo motherfucka, you B habbin dem drugs ? Yeah dawg ! Way dey B goin too? murka man !
Head on my brotha, it all good !
Peace out. Dey B a mothafuckin gas station up da road a bit.
I won't bother with Portuguese or Italian since anyone with a brain can read all three.
You might B takin dis fo a ryde doe ?:lol::lol:
Є наркотики? Якщо старший. Де його транспортування? США.
Лицар проходить. Pura Vida! Існує ще трохи насоса

Weren't you the one who told me legalizing drugs would not necessarily reduce the crime rate?

When medical marijuana was first legalized every city intended to solve their budget woes by having a pot clinic with money flowing in. Two of these cities I am familiar with, Torrance and Lake Forest. The increase in crime, vandalism and disorderly behavior soon proved too much for the residents of these cities to tolerate and the city halls were beseiged with angry residents demanding the city pull the business licenses. Pot advocates loaded up affidavits purporting to "prove" that crime actually went DOWN in cities that had pot clinics. The residents, having a much different personal experience kept it up until there are no more clinics in either Torrance or Lake Forest.

Now you can see why.

Legalizing medical marijuana isn't even in the same ballpark as legalizing drugs or legalizing marijuana.
Ah, yes.....like the big-difference between legal-narcotics & "drugs".
282.png

handjob.gif

Yup, just killing every drug dealer you see won't stop the problem, like I said other countries are already doing that and it doesn't work.

It worked in China.

And it does work in Iran. Just because drug use or drug selling hasn't been completely eradicated doesn't mean anything. There is absolutely not the problem in these countries that we have here.

Thank god we live in a Constitutional Republic.

It works in China? Iran? You actually want to be more like Iran and China?

That's nutz.

I'm not sure how familiar with Katz you are, but yes he would very much prefer our country be run just like Iran. Just with a Bible and Priests running things instead of the Quran and the Supreme Leaders.

For the right price, people will do anything.

Make capital punishment for speeding, and you offer to give me $10 million to drive 10 over the limit on a country road for an hour, I'll do it.

Yup, just killing every drug dealer you see won't stop the problem, like I said other countries are already doing that and it doesn't work.

It worked in China.

Run-along, Skippy.

You have no idea what-the-fuck you're.....

:eusa_hand:

Not going to change much, there are still millions of Americans they can lock-up for fun and profit.

Things are really getting out of hand.

There Are Now More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin's Gulag Archipelago - Business Insider

There Are Now More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin's Gulag Archipelago

There are now more Americans in jail -- 6 million -- than there were in Stalin's Gulag, reports Fareed Zakaria, in a column called "Incarceration Nation."

And it's not just a relative population thing.

The U.S. has 760 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

How does that compare to other countries?

It's 7X-10X as high:

•Japan has 63 per 100,000,
•Germany has 90 per 100,000
•France has 96 per 100,000
•South Korea has 97 per 100,000
•*Britain has 153 per 100,000
And it's also a relatively new phenomenon: In 1980, the U.S. only had 150 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

What's to blame?

The "War on Drugs."

More than half of America's 6 million prisoners are in jail for drug convictions, with 80% of those in jail for "possession."

By the way, has the "war on drugs" worked?

Um, no.

End the cartels and end the mis-named 'war on drugs', it is a war on people, make no mistake about it.

Ask yourself, has it worked? Are there any tangible benefits from this war on people?

NO!!!!!!

The only way to reduce drug use is to make people not want to take drugs in the first place. It isn't drugs themselves that is causing our drug woes, it's that we have such a significant percentage of the population that finds it necessary to get high to get through the day. Then they get so high, they can't get through the day. They become unable to care for themselves.

Legalize drugs, all of them, and call non-drug users survivors.

Drugs are already legal. I've already had several cups of coffee and a few cigarettes today and I expect to do something relaxing when I get done with my work.

Poor bastards just can't get through the day huh? :lol: Some people can't hold their liquor either. People like that should learn not to drink.

It worked in China.

And it does work in Iran. Just because drug use or drug selling hasn't been completely eradicated doesn't mean anything. There is absolutely not the problem in these countries that we have here.

How do you figure it works in Iran? those guys have just as much a drug problem as we do, especially with heroin.

Nope. Heroin is an export, a big export. It's how terrorism is funded. Heroin use is against islamic law.
So is alcohol, Skippy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djs5Ux0Sk0s]Underground Teens In Iran - YouTube[/ame]​

The only way to reduce drug use is to make people not want to take drugs in the first place. It isn't drugs themselves that is causing our drug woes, it's that we have such a significant percentage of the population that finds it necessary to get high to get through the day. Then they get so high, they can't get through the day. They become unable to care for themselves.

You just said in your other post legalizing marjiuana made everything worse, so why should we legalize everything across the board?

Drug users tend to die young.
Bullshit.

You have no data to prove that, Skippy.​

Now you can see why.

Sounds like bullshit, to me.....or, you'd have been able to post news-items verifying that.

handjob.gif

Lake Forest

ASA : Eight Lake Forest Marijuana Dispensaries Closed

Torrance

CA: Torrance council rejects medical marijuana shops | Marijuana.com

These are the only two incidents that I have personal knowledge of. I was at the Torrance City Hall meeting demanding that the dispensaries close. I have relatives in Lake Forest who were among those demanding the dispensaries close.

When there were more medical marijuana "clinics" in Los Angeles than Starbucks, LA cracked down and started their own mass closings.

Up In Smoke | Politics | SoCal Connected | Shows | KCET

Not going to change much, there are still millions of Americans they can lock-up for fun and profit.

Things are really getting out of hand.

There Are Now More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin's Gulag Archipelago - Business Insider

There Are Now More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin's Gulag Archipelago

There are now more Americans in jail -- 6 million -- than there were in Stalin's Gulag, reports Fareed Zakaria, in a column called "Incarceration Nation."

And it's not just a relative population thing.

The U.S. has 760 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

How does that compare to other countries?

It's 7X-10X as high:

•Japan has 63 per 100,000,
•Germany has 90 per 100,000
•France has 96 per 100,000
•South Korea has 97 per 100,000
•*Britain has 153 per 100,000
And it's also a relatively new phenomenon: In 1980, the U.S. only had 150 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

What's to blame?

The "War on Drugs."

More than half of America's 6 million prisoners are in jail for drug convictions, with 80% of those in jail for "possession."

By the way, has the "war on drugs" worked?

Um, no.

End the cartels and end the mis-named 'war on drugs', it is a war on people, make no mistake about it.

Ask yourself, has it worked? Are there any tangible benefits from this war on people?

NO!!!!!!

It's a war on our fellow American Citizens for daring to use non-government approved substances for fun and relaxation.

Tangible benefits?

Benefits: For Profit Prisons. Drug testing suppliers. CIA(Slush money). Illegal drug dealers/Cartels. Weapons manufacturers.....

Costs: Freedom to choose for American Citizens.

Now you can see why.

handjob.gif

Lake Forest

ASA*:*Eight Lake Forest Marijuana Dispensaries Closed

Torrance

These are the only two incidents that I have personal knowledge of. I was at the Torrance City Hall meeting demanding that the dispensaries close. I have relatives in Lake Forest who were among those demanding the dispensaries close.

When there were more medical marijuana "clinics" in Los Angeles than Starbucks, LA cracked down and started their own mass closings.

From your link: "Lake Forest zoning code prohibits operations that are not specifically noted in the code, or anything that violates state or federal law, said Debra Rose, Lake Forest deputy city manager.

The marijuana dispensaries operating out of the strip mall’s second floor fall under both categories, Rose said."

Crime rate? No mention in the first article.

You just said in your other post legalizing marjiuana made everything worse, so why should we legalize everything across the board?

Bullshit.

Judging from the number of young people who have died from drug use, it's a wonder that anyone would imagine to refute it. Whitney Houston was old at 48 to die of drug use. Celebrities are well represented. Michael Jackson was a drug using grampa at 50. It's a long list. This study finds that average age at 25, although I would have put it slightly older at 29.

Teens Who Abuse Alcohol Or Drugs Are More Likely To Die Young, Pitt Study Finds

This is why legalizing drug use is so important. If we got rid of MORE useless people by age 25, the reduction in the useless population would be of a great benefit to survivors. Secure jobs, safer streets, reduced medical costs associated with drug abuse. Then there are the benefits drug users promise, fewer people in jail, less crime at least for purposes of obtaining drugs. It's a win win all the way around with long term beneficial results.

I'll assure you I will.:eusa_pray:
I'll also be a gentleman and post the statement in a language you will surely be more comfortable with.
" Yo motherfucka, you B habbin dem drugs ? Yeah dawg ! Way dey B goin too? murka man !
Head on my brotha, it all good !
Peace out. Dey B a mothafuckin gas station up da road a bit.
I won't bother with Portuguese or Italian since anyone with a brain can read all three.
You might B takin dis fo a ryde doe ?:lol::lol:
Є наркотики? Якщо старший. Де його транспортування? США.
Лицар проходить. Pura Vida! Існує ще трохи насоса

Motherfucker shut the hell up, you been dismissed already.

Drug users tend to die young. They would die younger and faster with legalized drugs. The most perceptive won't become drug users. They will be survivors. Eventually there will be more dead drug users than live drug users and drug use itself will become a nuisance instead of a problem.

I don't know if thats necessarily true, I have been plenty of old heroin addicts from the 70's and former crack addicts from the 80's still roaming the streets, the longer you use drugs the more you learn how to not overdose and kill yourself, unless you want to.

handjob.gif

Lake Forest

ASA*:*Eight Lake Forest Marijuana Dispensaries Closed

Torrance

From your link: "Lake Forest zoning code prohibits operations that are not specifically noted in the code, or anything that violates state or federal law, said Debra Rose, Lake Forest deputy city manager.

The marijuana dispensaries operating out of the strip mall’s second floor fall under both categories, Rose said."

Crime rate? No mention in the first article.

No I think you would have to live in Lake Forest to have experienced that. The residents would use anything to get rid of the dispensaries. If, in fact, the dispensaries had been of any benefit at all, no one would have complained.

I was at the City Council meeting in Torrance to close the dispensaries. It was more than standing room only with the crowd out the doors and on the lawn.

What does it take to get a crowd that size? How fed up do people have to be?

In a drug using progressive city like Los Angeles, what does it take for enough people to complain before there is a crack down?

Bullshit.

Judging from the number of young people who have died from drug use, it's a wonder that anyone would imagine to refute it. Whitney Houston was old at 48 to die of drug use. Celebrities are well represented. Michael Jackson was a drug using grampa at 50. It's a long list. This study finds that average age at 25, although I would have put it slightly older at 29.

Teens Who Abuse Alcohol Or Drugs Are More Likely To Die Young, Pitt Study Finds

This is why legalizing drug use is so important. If we got rid of MORE useless people by age 25, the reduction in the useless population would be of a great benefit to survivors. Secure jobs, safer streets, reduced medical costs associated with drug abuse. Then there are the benefits drug users promise, fewer people in jail, less crime at least for purposes of obtaining drugs. It's a win win all the way around with long term beneficial results.
There's a big difference, between use & abuse.

Abuse of ANYTHING can kill you.....including food.​

We don't have the resources to keep human beings out. How can we keep out illegal drugs?
We need to end the war on drugs by a surge: try every drug dealer and execute him if found guilty. End of problem.

We have the resources, we just don't have the will.
Yeah....right.....Stay The Course.....like during 'Nam, and (now) Afghanistan.

Good thinkin', there!

282.png

Sure thing deranged mutant, whatever you say. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back