The U.S. War On Drugs May Soon Run Into A Problem...

decreasing your potential in a competition with others is sometimes worse than just killing. because it is a subtle killer of the future....
I don't care about the established adults.
But the youth is vulnerable and a dangerous myth about "beneficial pot" is very dangerous to that youth's future.
Including law enforcement interactions ( I don't mean legality of pot) - marijuana clouds the differentiating ability and coupled with emotional instability of the youth and generally lack of experience with nowadays very crude law enforcement people - it is also a risk to ruin the future in all other possible ways, not only competition on the educational/job market.

Who is talking about legalizing pot for youngsters? The legal age will be set at 21, and the message we'll send to the kids is that only responsible adults who are of legal age may partake in the drug if they choose to do so.

We will see as many high 14 years stumbling around as we currently see drunk 14 year olds, which (as you know) is really not many.

I think you're being a tad overly concerned here.

Last edited:
The People have spoken...They wanna get high. The drug they choose to get high with is irrelevant. That's their business. Getting high is not a criminal offense. As long as they're not committing a crime, they should be left alone. We shouldn't be filling our Prisons and tying up our Courts with this nonsense. The War on Drugs is over.

I used to be a strong proponent of total decriminalization of ALL drugs. I still think people should not be prosecuted for possession of light drugs. But I have been reading on the subject and to my surprise, it is not a one-way street of success after legalization. Actually, quite to the contrary.
Read yourself - and note - the sites are NOT conservative sites.

Drug Legalization Could Create More Crime - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com
Legalizing Marijuana -- The Real Costs | Deni Carise

Drug problems increase after pot legalization, police say | 9news.com

Marijuana: The Myths Are Killing Us

In fine Anslinger tradition, Karen Tandy goes whole hog in that last link Vox, "They stuffed marijuana leaves into her mouth because, according to news sources, "they knew that drug is sometimes used to treat cancer patients."

First of all no one condones ecstasy use by 14 year olds. Second, where did her 14 year old friends get marijuana leaves?

well, she does not need to tell me the harm marijuana does to one's brain - I know it already and the medical community of this country has known it since the mid-70%.

And I am glad you do not find the other links ( which have exactly the links to the studies which have proven numerous times the harm marijuana is causing to the brain) to be objectionable :)

p.s. you don't know where one can get marijuana leaves? it's a weed :lol:

Nah, everyone of them were somebodies made up nonsense to frighten the ill informed, just like H.J........the last one was just funny...stuffing leaves into her mouth.....

Cannabis is hardly a weed.

read this book, it is full of factual info and data about Marijuana, legally, politically, medically and socially..., there was no problem before 1937, DuPont, Hearst and Mellon wanted it banned because it was hurting their "legal" business.

except since 1937 we have had a lot of research done on pot it is not a benign addictive ( psychologically, not physically) substance one can fuck one's life with if one is a youngster.

still no need to criminalize it.

Nope. Research was tightly controlled. Even still.

Forum List

Back