The U.S. War On Drugs May Soon Run Into A Problem...

If only we could be more like China. . .

Drug free and fiscally sound? Yeah I could go for that.

Do we really know for a fact they are "Drug free" though? Afghanistan is pretty close to China and they are importing record amounts of heroin, hard to believe none of that is making its way into China.

It appears you're correct, I know you misspoke and actually mean Afhganistan exports heroin.

There's a lot of heroin use in China, along with meth use.

Do we really know for a fact they are "Drug free" though? Afghanistan is pretty close to China and they are importing record amounts of heroin, hard to believe none of that is making its way into China.

Afghanistan doesn't import heroin, they export it. Not many Afghans can afford to support a heroin habit. Not enough goats.

I'm positive that there are drug users in China. Just not very many. Rehab in China isn't exactly the same thing it is here.

For one thing, the average Chinese family isn't nearly as supportive and compassionate towards drug users as we are. I know several Chinese-American families who dealt with the discovery that their kids were using weed by packing them off on the next plane back home.

My bad Katz I meant to say export.

It appears you're correct, I know you misspoke and actually mean Afhganistan exports heroin.

There's a lot of heroin use in China, along with meth use.

Yes I did say that wrong, countries like China and Iran are rarely honest about their problems though, remember Irans president went on record a few years ago saying there are no homosexuals in Iran, however every so often they execute Iranian men on charges of homosexuality.

China has ways of dealing with drug use.

Current policies regarding drug use and HIV prevention among drug users

In 1990, the Standing Office of National People's Congress enacted "Regulations on Prohibition against Narcotics" which specified three levels of management. In the first, drug users are fined and/or encouraged to receive treatments in voluntary detoxification centers managed by the Ministry of Public Health [18]. They usually stay in the centers for 7-30 days [7,19]. Those who have gone through the first level and relapse are sent to compulsory detoxification centers administered by the Public Security Bureau (second level) [5,7,19-22]. They spend at least 6 months in the compulsory detoxification centers where they participate in a combination of detoxification treatment, physical exercise, and manual labor [7,19-22]. At the third level, drug users who relapse after receiving compulsory detoxification are mandated to 2 to 3 years of re-education through activities in labor camps administered by the Justice Bureau [19,21,23]. As drug users are not allowed to leave the compulsory detoxification centers and labor camps, they are considered incarceration sites.
HRJ | Full text | The Chinese government's response to drug use and HIV/AIDS: A review of policies and programs

It works for me.

In 1990, the Standing Office of National People's Congress enacted "Regulations on Prohibition against Narcotics" which specified three levels of management. In the first, drug users are fined and/or encouraged to receive treatments in voluntary detoxification centers managed by the Ministry of Public Health [18]. They usually stay in the centers for 7-30 days [7,19]. Those who have gone through the first level and relapse are sent to compulsory detoxification centers administered by the Public Security Bureau (second level) [5,7,19-22]. They spend at least 6 months in the compulsory detoxification centers where they participate in a combination of detoxification treatment, physical exercise, and manual labor [7,19-22]. At the third level, drug users who relapse after receiving compulsory detoxification are mandated to 2 to 3 years of re-education through activities in labor camps administered by the Justice Bureau [19,21,23]. As drug users are not allowed to leave the compulsory detoxification centers and labor camps, they are considered incarceration sites.
HRJ | Full text | The Chinese government's response to drug use and HIV/AIDS: A review of policies and programs

It works for me.

Being taxed to cover all those things and having that huge of a gov't bureacracy works for you? How liberal of you.

It works for me.

If only we could be more like China . . .

It beats the shit out of having a bunch of drug addled zombies walking around stealing shit.

I bet people drunk on alcohol are far more likely to steal and commit other crimes than people high on MJ.

I bet it's not even close.

It beats the shit out of having a bunch of drug addled zombies walking around stealing shit.

I bet people drunk on alcohol are far more likely to steal and commit other crimes than people high on MJ.

Suddenly it's marijuana?

Well marijuana is an illegal drug in the U.S., so i dunno why my point is invalid.

I'd have to be one hell of a hypocrite after i drink at the bar tomorrow night to later come on here and rail against marijuana users when what i did is so much worse.

Suddenly it's marijuana?

Well marijuana is an illegal drug in the U.S., so i dunno why my point is invalid.

I'd have to be one hell of a hypocrite after i drink at the bar tomorrow night to later come on here and rail against marijuana users when what i did is so much worse.

I think marijuana should be legal anyways, its time.

It works for me.

I'd settle for a president that likes Americans as much as Hu Jintao likes the Chinese.

And, of course, the first thing on the mind of the would-be junkie is whether or not his substance of choice is legal.

:cuckoo:

And, of course, the first thing on the mind of the would-be junkie is whether or not his substance of choice is legal.

I never understand why people think abusing heroin or meth is worse than abusing the mile long list of prescription drugs that get abused.

I dunno, maybe because that would mean they'd have to stick all their negative assumptions about drug users to Rush Limbaugh?

It works for me.

I'd settle for a president that likes Americans as much as Hu Jintao likes the Chinese.

You honestly have no idea what you are asking for.

Ohhhhh yes I do.

obama DESPISES Americans of all colors. He uses being black like a comfy sweater. When it suits him. At least the leadership of China wants what's best for China and the Chinese people. You won''t find Jintao yammering about the Chinese need to be fair in the world.

I never understand why people think abusing heroin or meth is worse than abusing the mile long list of prescription drugs that get abused.

I dunno, maybe because that would mean they'd have to stick all their negative assumptions about drug users to Rush Limbaugh?

I've never understood why people think that legalizing heroin or meth will be better than people who abuse prescription drugs.

Ohhhhh yes I do.

obama DESPISES Americans of all colors. He uses being black like a comfy sweater. When it suits him. At least the leadership of China wants what's best for China and the Chinese people. You won''t find Jintao yammering about the Chinese need to be fair in the world.

Do you really know what life is like for average person in China? do you really think its all peaches and cream over there?

Ohhhhh yes I do.

Do you really know what life is like for average person in China? do you really think its all peaches and cream over there?

I have a lot of friends from China. My sister in law only arrived last year. While it is not all peaches and cream, China is becoming more of a free country while we are becoming significantly less so. We suppress religion the way China did 20-30 years ago but no longer do. Did we not just arrest a man because he was reading from the Bible on a street? That happens in China WHEN there is a crowd of more than 100 people. China has a one child policy in the cities, not in rurual areas but the NUMBERS of abortions performed here and in China are about equal. I particularly admire the way China treats drug abuse. We could learn that lesson. My Sister in law brought over her daughter who is absolutely miserable here. She's in high school. The emphasis on sex and drugs when she just wants to study and go to class in peace has made her life a nightmare. They complain to be told that the girl needs to loosen up and fit in. Meaning have sex with boys she isn't interested in and take drugs like a "normal teen".

I think that sometimes we don't even realize the freedoms that we have already lost, mostly in the name of someone else's freedom.

Suddenly it's marijuana?

Except marijuana isn't the only illegal drug. If you want to talk legalizing drugs, let's talk about cocaine and opiates. You want those legal? If not you're a hypocrite. If so you're an idiot.

Forum List

Back