Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Ok, no subs. How about the golden plates, where can I find those?

Asking for physical evidence of religious tenants is asinine. Religion is a personal belief system that has to be proven to each individual spiritually not scientifically. At that time you can start to see the "evidence" as you now believe and see things in that light. I never understood the pursuit of "proof" for religion by the non religious, nothing they can provide will suffice and you know that. What is the point then?

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

What I haven't understood is why expect others to prove it to you and rely on them when the Lord has told all men that they can go directly to Him to find out the truth. If you want to know the things of God and the Spirit, you learn them from God.

I am a man, I could lie. I could be mistaken. Trusting in my testimony on my testimony alone will not convince someone that God is real. However, seeking out the truth for yourself. Asking the Lord as He instructs and having a personal experience with Him will be much more powerful than any physical evidence we can see. Which is precisely why even those who see angels but fail to have the spiritual experience can fall away and not be converted.

God has ordained a way for us to know the truth. By the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. And the primary witness is the Holy Spirit.

The silliest thing I hear about Mormons is that they have to wear special underwear to get into heaven.
As there was no such thing as underwear in Jesus' time. I doubt that's a criteria.
the truth is stranger then fiction...

Wasn't Jesus wearing a diaper on the cross?
I've always wonder that myself?
my guess it's likethe added on cloths in the Sistine chapel jesus's junk hanging out is too much for the sexually immature christian.
or since he was not quite human did he have genitalia at all...?

Smith sent the tribe out west promising to bring winter supplies but failed to do so because he spent all the money

I've known a lot of Mormons in my time.

Mormons work, have a solid work ethic and a belief in self-sufficiency.

Mormons have a solid family structure and good values in regard to family.

Mormons are generally kind, generally ethical.

SO - I really don't give a damn that they started out as a wacky cult a 150 years ago.

Mormons today are decent people, which is good enough for me.

A lot of that is probably true.
I have empathy for Mormons.
Without the true gospel, they will go to hell.
That is why I bother with them.
That is why I tell them the truth.
It is their choice.

SO - I really don't give a damn that they started out as a wacky cult a 150 years ago.

It is their choice.

The true Gospel? The Gospel we believe is that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, atoned and died for the sins of the world and rose on the Third day ascending to heaven. That because of Him we can overcome death and sin.

What Gospel should we be following?

It is their choice.

The true Gospel? The Gospel we believe is that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, atoned and died for the sins of the world and rose on the Third day ascending to heaven. That because of Him we can overcome death and sin.

Well, I'd suggest you not follow Bronze Age Fairy Tales.

But I think he refers to the Gospel Where Jesus comes to America and rides an Elephant... you k now, the bad Bible Fan-Fic that Joseph Smith wrote when he wasn't deflowering teenage girls.

The Difference between Joseph Smith and David Koresh?

Original and Extra-Crispy.

Ok, no subs. How about the golden plates, where can I find those?

Ask the Lord. He may show you by His grace the same way He showed the other witnesses. However, those that have seen were those who humbly sought the Lord.

Far more important than seeing the plates is learning whether the Book of Mormon is true. The Lord will reveal to all humble read it and sincerely seek to know by the power of the Holy Spirit. And He does because that's how I learned it was true.

If we want the blessings the Lord has to provide, we must seek them out the way He has ordained.

So what happened to the Nephites and the Lamanites? Did they become indians? Die out? And the Jaredites? Any archeological evidence?

It is their choice.

But I think he refers to the Gospel Where Jesus comes to America and rides an Elephant... you k now, the bad Bible Fan-Fic that Joseph Smith wrote when he wasn't deflowering teenage girls.

No bronze age fairy tale.

Also, you might want read the Book of Mormon sometime.

But that Book of Mormon is a fairy tale book.

But that Book of Mormon is a fairy tale book.
a nineteenth century fairy tale..that's an important distinction..

I started to read up on it, but they talked about Nephites, Lamanites and the Jaredites. What happened to them? They weren't on Noah's boat, so they all died in the flood?

I started to read up on it, but they talked about Nephites, Lamanites and the Jaredites. What happened to them? They weren't on Noah's boat, so they all died in the flood?

To spare you the horror of reading the BOM, these guys all travelled to America AFTER Noah's flood. The Jaredites slightly after, and the Nephites/Lamanites about the time of the fall of the Kingdom of Judah.

Read the book and find out:)

I can tell you the Christians hated ol' Joe, so much so they killed him for expressing his beliefs. The Mormons still own land in northern Missouri where Joe was killed. The land was bought for Christ to alit when he returns.

Actually, the state militia killed Joseph Smith in a gun fight as he tried to escape from Carthage jail. He and Hyrum murdered 3 soldiers during the escape. Now granted, Joe Smith was going to hang for treason - but then, he WAS guilty of treason, so the penalty was just.

Horse shit, straight up. The Carthage Greys, assigned to guard the jail, dressed up as Indians (anytime whites who dressed up as Indians, and that includes the Mormons at Mountain Meadows or the patriots at Boston, you know something illegal is going to happen, and it may be murderous), and the militiamen assaulted the jail.

Smith had been smuggled in a pepperbox revolver. By the time it was over, Smith had killed two and wounded one of the Grays at the cell door on the second floor (no break out, Uncensored), his brother, Hyrum was dead, John Taylor had been shot to doll's rags but would survive, and Joseph had been shot out of the second floor window while verbally and visually making Masonic signals of distress and succor.

His dying body was dragged and propped up against the stone side of the jail, and an impromptu firing squad executed him.

Some of you need to understand that you have a duty to get a story straight and not spread propaganda.

Story of Jaredites copy of Sodom & Gomorrah

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back