Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
wrong! the Mormons have sex scandals too ..
they're just better at covering them up....

RealClearReligion - 125-Year-Old Mormon Sex Scandal

Damn, a hate site that lists "scandals" from 125 years ago....

You drooling Atheists are so convincing....
I never drool that alone is proof you make shit up!
also I posted that particular because it highlights how much better Mormons are at keep their nasty shit secret..
125 years 1000 years.... a scandal is still a scandal...

http://mormonmatters.org/2009/09/23/the-growing-mormon-sex-abuse-scandal/

Last edited:
So where are the ancient submarines? I'd like to have a look at those.

Considering no one has made a claim about ancient submarines, you might be looking for a while.

This is one of the many reasons I think people should read the Book of Mormon instead of relying on what people who lie about the Book of Mormon say.

To carry the Jaredites across the ocean, "barges" resembling ancient submarines were constructed under the continual direction of the Lord (2:6,16). Verse 17 describes their appearance:

"And they were built after a manner that they were exceedingly tight, even that they would hold water like unto a dish; and the bottom thereof was tight like unto a dish; and the ends thereof were peaked; and the top thereof was tight like unto a dish; and the length thereof was the length of a tree; and the door thereof, when it was shut, was tight like unto a dish."

Immediately the brother of Jared noticed vision, steering, and ventilation problems with God's design. He complained:

"O Lord, in them there is no light; whether shall we steer? And also we shall perish, for in them we cannot breathe, save it is the air which is in them; therefore we shall perish" (2:19).

To solve the problem of ventilation, God suggests making a "hole in the top, and also in the bottom; and when thou shalt suffer for air thou shalt unstop the hole and receive air. And if it be so that water come in upon thee, behold, ye shall stop the hole, that ye may not perish in the flood."

So because you claim the are submarines, the text which says nothing of the sort nor implies anything of the sort does so too?

in propriety yes but as stated before : Hands down it has the most liquidity and cash on hand

Given the rash of sex scandals, (which oddly, the Mormons don't have,) don't you suppose that the Catholics might be less than forthcoming about their assets?

:eusa_shifty:

Last time I checked neither Church had their assets public.

His assertions could be true. But they are guesses.

wrong! the Mormons have sex scandals too ..
they're just better at covering them up....

RealClearReligion - 125-Year-Old Mormon Sex Scandal

also I posted that particular because it highlights how much better Mormons are at keep their nasty shit secret..

The Growing Mormon Sex Abuse Scandal | Mormon Matters

I've heard about it. He was excommunicated for his actions. Pretty much the extent of what can happen.

From your post I have to draw two conclusions:

1) Your need to go back 125 years to find a scandal, speaks positively for the Church.

2) The fact that this information is public knowledge and that you know about is evidence that we aren't really hiding anything.

The silliest thing I hear about Mormons is that they have to wear special underwear to get into heaven.
As there was no such thing as underwear in Jesus' time. I doubt that's a criteria.

The Growing Mormon Sex Abuse Scandal | Mormon Matters

I've heard about it. He was excommunicated for his actions. Pretty much the extent of what can happen.

From your post I have to draw two conclusions:

1) Your need to go back 125 years to find a scandal, speaks positively for the Church.

2) The fact that this information is public knowledge and that you know about is evidence that we aren't really hiding anything.
and you'd be wrong read the second link.
I used the old scandal to show how much better the mormons are at keeping their dirty little secrets then the papacy..
cherry pick much?

Considering no one has made a claim about ancient submarines, you might be looking for a while.

This is one of the many reasons I think people should read the Book of Mormon instead of relying on what people who lie about the Book of Mormon say.

To carry the Jaredites across the ocean, "barges" resembling ancient submarines were constructed under the continual direction of the Lord (2:6,16). Verse 17 describes their appearance:

"And they were built after a manner that they were exceedingly tight, even that they would hold water like unto a dish; and the bottom thereof was tight like unto a dish; and the ends thereof were peaked; and the top thereof was tight like unto a dish; and the length thereof was the length of a tree; and the door thereof, when it was shut, was tight like unto a dish."

Immediately the brother of Jared noticed vision, steering, and ventilation problems with God's design. He complained:

"O Lord, in them there is no light; whether shall we steer? And also we shall perish, for in them we cannot breathe, save it is the air which is in them; therefore we shall perish" (2:19).

To solve the problem of ventilation, God suggests making a "hole in the top, and also in the bottom; and when thou shalt suffer for air thou shalt unstop the hole and receive air. And if it be so that water come in upon thee, behold, ye shall stop the hole, that ye may not perish in the flood."

So because you claim the are submarines, the text which says nothing of the sort nor implies anything of the sort does so too?

Are you hard of deducing?

Anyways, so where are these craft? I want to take a look.

You're familiar with the process of rot and decay or do you think that everything that existed thousands of years ago has been preserved perfectly.

And no. Not hard of deducing. I just feel no need to read something that doesn't exist into texts and pretending that I should ignore the text based on what I put in there instead of what is actually said.

You're familiar with the process of rot and decay or do you think that everything that existed thousands of years ago has been preserved perfectly.

And no. Not hard of deducing. I just feel no need to read something that doesn't exist into texts and pretending that I should ignore the text based on what I put in there instead of what is actually said.

But we would have had something...

Israel unearthed a boat in the Sea of Galilee like the one Jesus might have been on but no submarine.

5. Iron, steel, glass, and silk were not used in the New World before 1492 (except for occasional use of unsmelted meteoric iron). Native copper was worked in various locations in pre-Columbian times, but true metallurgy was limited to southern Mexico and the Andean region, where its occurrence in late prehistoric times involved gold, silver, copper, and their alloys, but not iron.
Smithsonian Statement Regarding The Book of Mormon

Last edited:
Ok, no subs. How about the golden plates, where can I find those?

Asking for physical evidence of religious tenants is asinine. Religion is a personal belief system that has to be proven to each individual spiritually not scientifically. At that time you can start to see the "evidence" as you now believe and see things in that light. I never understood the pursuit of "proof" for religion by the non religious, nothing they can provide will suffice and you know that. What is the point then?

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

I've known a lot of Mormons in my time.

Mormons work, have a solid work ethic and a belief in self-sufficiency.

Mormons have a solid family structure and good values in regard to family.

Mormons are generally kind, generally ethical.

SO - I really don't give a damn that they started out as a wacky cult a 150 years ago.

Mormons today are decent people, which is good enough for me.

But we would have had something...

Israel unearthed a boat in the Sea of Galilee like the one Jesus might have been on but no submarine.

5. Iron, steel, glass, and silk were not used in the New World before 1492 (except for occasional use of unsmelted meteoric iron). Native copper was worked in various locations in pre-Columbian times, but true metallurgy was limited to southern Mexico and the Andean region, where its occurrence in late prehistoric times involved gold, silver, copper, and their alloys, but not iron.
Smithsonian Statement Regarding The Book of Mormon

It would be nice if we had some physical evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. But that's not what the Lord has established. Instead, He has called witnesses for the resurrection and for the Book of Mormon. And through those witnesses the Holy Spirit testifies to the reality that Jesus is the Christ and the Book of Mormon is true.

As you've demonstrated with your example, they have found a boat. They didn't find many. Why? Because wood decomposes and rots over time. When such remains are found it's a remarkable and unique find. But simply because we only find one, doesn't mean the ships were somehow infrequent until modern times.

As for the Smithsonian statement, it's a little out of date. And I would hardly expect them to use a religious texts for anything they are doing. Are you really sure you want to continue persuing your line of arguing when the same arguments can be used against the reality of the Resurrection?

Ok, no subs. How about the golden plates, where can I find those?

Ask the Lord. He may show you by His grace the same way He showed the other witnesses. However, those that have seen were those who humbly sought the Lord.

Far more important than seeing the plates is learning whether the Book of Mormon is true. The Lord will reveal to all humble read it and sincerely seek to know by the power of the Holy Spirit. And He does because that's how I learned it was true.

If we want the blessings the Lord has to provide, we must seek them out the way He has ordained.

Forum List

Back