The truth about Buddhism

A Devotee !..sweet...ok I will grant you spiritual salvation and throw in a eots replica hat all for.. 19.95

Do you know your two avatars resemble one another. Was that intentional?

the intent of the eots is not information for non - devotees..its a.... secret

Oh Eots Im so Excited to get the secrets....Im a devotee, don't worry I'll keep them a secret too!:razz:....I cant wait for the replica hat....btw are eots devotees called eotites?:eek:

At it's heart Buddhism remains one of the more depressing theologies known to man.

Stop and think about it. You have little in the way of instructions to find your way to salvation and in fact hunting such instructions is "maya" to use the Hindu term. And once you've spend your whole life working it out you die and have to come back here and start over again knowing no more than you did when you began the last life, and eventually after who knows how many lives you finally manage to get it completely right and you essentially no longer exist as a singular personality.

Losar--Tibetan New Year falls on February 25th this year. We start a 24/7 practice the week before on the 18th.

It's an intensive time of purification.

I don't think I could ever justify subscribing to Buddhism because of the lack of progression. However, there are some good principles I agree with.

I don't think I could ever justify subscribing to Buddhism because of the lack of progression. However, there are some good principles I agree with.

The lack of progression? What does that mean?

Hey, BTW, nice to see you again.

I mean, that you can progress during one life but then all your hard work and development are lost in the next life. I don't want to believe in something like that.

I mean, that you can progress during one life but then all your hard work and development are lost in the next life. I don't want to believe in something like that.

You can progress from lifetime to lifetime but not without work.

For me, I just feel unsatisfied if I changed my personality after life was over. I can't believe in something like that. I believe in the eternal progression of spirit and physical body. But more power to Buddhists if they firmly believe in their religion.

For me, I just feel unsatisfied if I changed my personality after life was over. I can't believe in something like that. I believe in the eternal progression of spirit and physical body. But more power to Buddhists if they firmly believe in their religion.

Your personality, according to Buddhist teachings is not that solid or permanent.

However, I do intuit with you--that the idea of loss of personality or ego death is quite frightening for most of us.

This is why we, Buddhists, train in meditation.

I thought buddhists do progess through reincarnation?

I am sure that is the idea. But i don't like the idea of giving up who I am and starting over again.

Most of us don't like giving up our ideas, period. That sense of a permanent ego. personality or self--subject/object, a 'real me' and a 'real you', is what keeps us trapped in samsara.

Of course, we don't want to give it up. We'd rather die and come back over and over and over again.

What makes you so sure that Buddhism is true?

The same thing that makes you feel as though LDS is true. Faith.

Faith in Buddhism has a specific context. Faith means confidence--not blind faith. Buddhist practice works. It does exactly what it sets out to do.

I have met and studied with sublime human beings; Buddhist saints and masters of awareness. When I am in their presence, I experience directly their realization as a positive effect on my mind and heart.

One cannot meet such beings, sit in their presence, listen to their teachings--which arise out of their direct experience, and not have it be life changing. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
The same thing that makes you feel as though LDS is true. Faith.

Faith in Buddhism has a specific context. Faith means confidence--not blind faith. Buddhist practice works. It does exactly what it sets out to do.

I have met and studied with sublime human beings; Buddhist saints and masters of awareness. When I am in their presence, I experience directly their realization as a positive effect on my mind and heart.

One cannot meet such beings, sit in their presence, listen to their teachings--which arise out of their direct experience, and not have it be life changing. JMO

Fair enough. What does JMO mean?

Forum List

Back