The truth about Buddhism

What's your question, Eots? Are you a practicing Buddhist? I'm a lesbian and I was married by a Buddhist Lama in my Buddhist Center with the entire Buddhist community joyously in attendance.

I met my wife nearly 24 years ago at a Buddhist retreat.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would happen in the next incarnation to a person of Hitler's stature?

More than likely a being like Hitler is still traversing through the many Hell realms. He may be there for some eons. But even Hitler will eventually purify all that negativity and incarnate in another form.

According to Buddhist teachings, even a Hitler-like being has buddha nature. That's why we pray to become bodhisattvas and return again and agian to benefit sentient beings until each and every being without exception in all of samsara (cyclic existence) is completely freed.

More than likely a being like Hitler is still traversing through the many Hell realms. He may be there for some eons. But even Hitler will eventually purify all that negativity and incarnate in another form.

According to Buddhist teachings, even a Hitler-like being has buddha nature. That's why we pray to become bodhisattvas and return again and agian to benefit sentient beings until each and every being without exception in all of samsara (cyclic existence) is completely freed.

That is actually not dissimilar to what I believe about such souls. There are differences of course but it is interesting.

Does it make you sad to think you will not see your friends and family in the next incarnation?

That is actually not dissimilar to what I believe about such souls. There are differences of course but it is interesting.

Does it make you sad to think you will not see your friends and family in the next incarnation?

I agree Truthspeaker. I was thinking about the Mormon practice of baptising those who have died.

Does it make me sad to think that I will not see friends and family in the next incarnation?

It makes me sad when I think of losing loved ones, even in this life. It is not the personality that incarnates according to Buddhist teachings. It's possible that I will encounter the consciousness of those I know in this life in the next. Buddhism teaches that each and every sentient being without excpetion has been as close to us as our dearest loved ones now--our family and friends. Every being has once been our mother.

That's why we train to develop a kind regard for each and every sentient being without exception. Equanimity is that equal kind regard, and it is one of the four boundless or immeasurable qualities that we pray to manifest.

I agree Truthspeaker. I was thinking about the Mormon practice of baptising those who have died.

Does it make me sad to think that I will not see friends and family in the next incarnation?

It makes me sad when I think of losing loved ones, even in this life. It is not the personality that incarnates according to Buddhist teachings. It's possible that I will encounter the consciousness of those I know in this life in the next. Buddhism teaches that each and every sentient being without excpetion has been as close to us as our dearest loved ones now--our family and friends. Every being has once been our mother.

That's why we train to develop a kind regard for each and every sentient being without exception. Equanimity is that equal kind regard, and it is one of the four boundless or immeasurable qualities that we pray to manifest.

Though I couldn't imagine myself believing that teaching, it is interesting.

Does Buddhism embrace all other religions? If so, what is the explanation for the fundamental differences between those religions?

Though I couldn't imagine myself believing that teaching, it is interesting.

Does Buddhism embrace all other religions? If so, what is the explanation for the fundamental differences between those religions?

According to Buddhist teachings, the Buddha taught 84,000 different methods for freeing the minds and hearts of sentient beings. For that reason, no individual Buddhist can be in the position of knowing every method. It is reasonable to assume the reason there are many other religions is that we have different kinds of minds and habits as human beings. Some teachings work best for some people, others are more inclined toward another direction.

There are many ways to get up to the top of a mountain. One can walk from any number of directions. One can take a jeep. One can fly in a helicopter. etcetc.

Therefore, Buddhism promotes respect for other religions. Anyone who is actually practicing the religion is to be respected, for he or she has studied that religion more from direct experience than a learned lay scholar.

People from all religious backgrounds participate in the Peace Training we offer at the Gonpa. They also come and learn meditation. No one tries to convert anyone to Buddhism.

It is an inclusive environment. At the same time, just as LDS has some private or secret aspects to the faith, we do also. We keep some teachings/meditation trainings for those who are initiated formally into advanced Buddhist practices and who have an abiding committment.

the eots like budda or the LDS has spiritual secrets as well...but they are secret ..so im not telling... until I have your abiding commitment...a cash donation to the eots foundation would be a good start in demonstrating this commitment....

the eots like budda or the LDS has spiritual secrets as well...but they are secret ..so im not telling... until I have your abiding commitment...a cash donation to the eots foundation would be a good start in demonstrating this commitment....

Eots--keep your secrets. The 'secrets' in Buddhism are really 'self-secret'. If you don't practice meditation, you will just think the teachings are gobbledly gook'. If you actually apply the teachings, then they open up in your mind and understanding.

Teachings are transmitted three ways in an oral lineage, from --mouth to ear--, symbolically by use of images, and mind-to-mind.

naked I came into this life and that's how I want to go.. cuz everything that I will ever have.. I already own.. and all that is or will ever be.. flows like a river through you and me and Im all that.. and your all that ...and that is all that is...

naked I came into this life and that's how I want to go.. cuz everything that I will ever have.. I already own.. and all that is or will ever be.. flows like a river through you and me and Im all that.. and your all that ...and that is all that is...

Sweet....:clap2:

do you think when jesus or whoever int he bible said it about being "born again" that means reincarnation?

do you think when jesus or whoever int he bible said it about being "born again" that means reincarnation?

I don't know. I wouldn't think so. Answering what the Bible means is not my schtick. I can offer opinions but they are just opinions.

I have heard that the early Christian Churches did include reincarnation until the third century. Let me check and see if I can find a source for that. I read it someplace.

"A Christian scholar named Origen of Alexandria, one of Christianity's greatest systematic theologians, was a believer in reincarnation.

Origen was a person devoted to scriptural authority, a scourge to the enemies of the church, and a martyr for the faith. He was the spiritual teacher of a large and grateful posterity and yet his teachings were declared heresy in 553.

Christians raise the following points against reincarnation:

(1) It seems to minimize Christian salvation.
(2) It is in conflict with the resurrection of the body.
(3) It creates an unnatural separation between body and soul.
(4) It is built on a much too speculative use of Christian scriptures.
(5) There is no recollection of previous lives.
http://reluctant-messenger.com/origen1.html

PM me your paypal account #, I need your secrets....also throw in the hat for me cuz I like it. Thanks:razz:

I am sure you would like that. You might actually get a lot of donors. Our beliefs are really creepy so I am sure many want the true inside dirt from you....Since I won't tell it.:lol:

:clap2:

Actually RGS, being born again DOES mean reincarnation.

I'll give you an example...........

A sinner, who finally recognizing what they've done, and wishing to do better, actually "kills" their yetzer harrah (animal nature), and is re-born as a new being with a clean slate.

Try again dude......only this time, please don't let your fucked up belief system screw with it......mmmmmmkay?

Forum List

Back