The Trump petition in Britain - they do things differently there

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
You can get a debate on your favorite topic in Commons if you can get 10,000 people to agree to sign it. You have to give your location there, but otherwise it is pretty simple. debates are limited to 2 1/2 hours though

There appears to be a time limit on getting signatures

The petition on banning Trump has got 546,341 signatures with two days to go.

The location of the signers is pretty general, but most of them in London and the south. location is by constituency. Petition Map (by Unboxed)
Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 6.54.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 6.44.27 AM.png

England and UK don't have Freedom of Speech . As proof , they banned Micheal Savage and Geert Wilders because of their spoken words . Looks like Trump may be banned next !!

sure , point is that England has no Free Speech , just letting the readers know the facts Jake !!

might also say that England only has APPROVED free speech Jake !!

banning possible ENEMIES only makes sense Jake . See what imported muslim enemies did in bataclan / Paris France and San Bernadino California . Also see Charlie Hebdo Jake .

Sure you can Pogo but if you do that action you will probably be arrested Pogo !!

banning possible ENEMIES only makes sense Jake . See what imported muslim enemies did in bataclan / Paris France and San Bernadino California . Also see Charlie Hebdo Jake .
The Brits see Trump and his supporters to be enemies of the British way of life.

Point is that the on
The Brits see Trump and his supporters enemies of the British way of life.
ok with me , as I am only saying that in England they only allow speech that they approve Jake . My only point is that England doesn't allow FREE SPEECH Jake !!

Point is that the on
The Brits see Trump and his supporters enemies of the British way of life.
ok with me , as I am only saying that in England they only allow speech that they approve Jake . My only point is that England doesn't allow FREE SPEECH Jake !!
Yell "fire" in an American movie theater. And the Brits think Trump is a danger.

The Brits see Trump and his supporters to be enemies of the British way of life.
just more fame and recognition for Trump Jake . Brits are afraid of Trumps spoken words !!

that puts Trump in the same category as Statesman Geert Wilders Jake !! That's a good place to be , imo !!

I don't know which way commons will go. I just think it is interesting that they would do this. This is the kind of thing Madison warned of in Federalist # 10. There are 650 members.

They just have petitions on every conceivable topic. Tump, as always, gets lots of free publicity

547,469 signatures so far.

The map doesn't include Ireland for some reason.

Mrs Thatcher's constituency is one of the darker brown constituencies. 1,593 signatures from there

Forum List

Back