The Trump administration defining transgender out of existence.

Your statement is false, even for humans. See for example: Gender change in 46,XY persons with 5alpha-reductase-2 deficiency and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 deficiency (full text here). People with this condition literally undergo physiological changes in biological sex at puberty, to varying degrees. As I said earlier, conditions like this are relatively rare (although it can become more common in certain sub-populations, cf. the above article p. 400), but your claim that "one absolutely cannot become the other" is false, as is the claim that sex is strictly dimorphic, which I covered earlier.

To repeat myself, human sex is nearly dichotomous, and that clearly does matter to an understanding of social norms about gender, but it's not the same as being absolutely dichotomous, and the failures involved with treating sex as an absolute binary are important to understanding the existence of transgender people.

Defects and aberrations are just that; nothing more nor less.

Most conservatives are ignorant and frightened, and their ignorance and fear soon manifest as hate – i
qzchm.jpg
As usual, we can always count on you to provide a cogent and appropriate comment and to raise the level of intellectual discourse on important topics.

Except this isn't an important topic.
You would be singing a different tune if you were trans or born with intersexual features.

You are a left winger.....

You always know what would be.

It's that arrogance that defines you.

But here is a clue.......You don't know what I'd be saying.

None of this has anything to do with people who are born with gender anomalies, who are, in any event a percentage of the population which is too small to warrant attention.

The issue is people who are clearly, unambiguously one gender (as noted at birth) who choose to "identify" as the other gender, for whatever reason. The Obama Administration perversely issued guidance that this delusion or desire should be honored, as though it reflected biological reality.

The determination of gender is legally relevant in many circumstances, including, for example in connection with Title IX. The idea that gender is a "social construct" or can be voluntarily chosen is ridiculous and lacking any scientific basis.

It should be no surprise that the Party that prides itself on being "the party of science" doesn't seem to know the first thing about gender.

The issue is people who are clearly, unambiguously one gender (as noted at birth) who choose to "identify" as the other gender, for whatever reason.

If you scroll up, you will find a link to research that finds that the brains of transgender people differ from cisgender people (even when they were "unambiguously one gender at birth"), tending to have traits associated more with their identified gender and less with their assigned gender. People used to say things like what you wrote about homosexuality; i.e. that "for some reason" people were just choosing deviance. But we know that's not a very accurate assessment. It's likely also not a very accurate assessment of gender dysphoria, although as I said I think there's clearly a lot we have yet to understand about the biology.

The fact that intersexuality (and transgender) people are atypical -- and represent only a small portion of the overall population -- probably is meaningful to what kinds of policy options make sense. But I don't think it matters to the point that they are human beings who are due the same basic dignity and respect that all human beings deserve. Part of that is going to have to involve understanding that being transgender is probably most often not some simple form of deviance, nor a mental illness. Just as we've needed to come to terms with those facts about homosexuality.

A guy who takes hormones and has his genitalia removed still has the DNA of a MAN. Cosmetic effects don't change that fact.

A guy who takes hormones and has his genitalia removed still has the DNA of a MAN. Cosmetic effects don't change that fact.
Except that many trans people have an atypical genetic make up which means that they are not 100% either gender. There are also other biological factors-that are not readily observable- related to gender that may play a role in gender identity . You should read up on it if you dare.

Except that many trans people have an atypical genetic make up which means that they are not 100% either gender. There are also other biological factors-that are not readily observable- related to gender that may play a role in gender identity . You should read up on it if you dare.

No, that is not true. There is a tiny minority of people who are sexually ambiguous by nature. That is not what politically motivated transgenderism addresses.

No, that is not true. There is a tiny minority of people who are sexually ambiguous by nature. That is not what politically motivated transgenderism addresses.
And what is that percentage? I doubt that you know Do your homework. . Politically motivated?? Really?? You are being led by the nose by the wrong crowd.

And what is that percentage? I doubt that you know Do your homework. . Politically motivated?? Really?? You are being led by the nose by the wrong crowd.

1- 2% of humans have intersex characteristics, and some are fairly minor that can be corrected at birth. This is hardly the level that requires a massive re-ordering of our society.

1- 2% of humans have intersex characteristics, and some are fairly minor that can be corrected at birth. This is hardly the level that requires a massive re-ordering of our society.
And you are getting that from where? It is customary to provide a source to back up your assertions, otherwise it is not worth squat. Here, I'll show you how it's done:

Transgender: Evidence on the biological nature of gender identity

Disorders of gender identity affect as many as 1 in 100 people. Transgender individuals are those who identify with a gender that differs from their natal sex. Different etiologies have been suggested as the cause of transgender identify however none have been proven definitively.

The researchers conducted a literature search and reviewed articles that showed positive biologic bases for gender identity. These included disorders of sexual development, such as penile agenesis, neuroanatomical differences, such as grey and white matter studies, and steroid hormone genetics, such as genes associated with sex hormone receptors. They conclude that current data suggests a biological etiology for transgender identity.

Read the whole thing. Don't be afraid. You might learn something.

And you are getting that from where? It is customary to provide a source to back up your assertions, otherwise it is not worth squat. Here, I'll show you how it's done:

Disorders of gender identity affect as many as 1 in 100 people. Transgender individuals are those who identify with a gender that differs from their natal sex. Different etiologies have been suggested as the cause of transgender identify however none have been proven definitively.

The researchers conducted a literature search and reviewed articles that showed positive biologic bases for gender identity. These included disorders of sexual development, such as penile agenesis, neuroanatomical differences, such as grey and white matter studies, and steroid hormone genetics, such as genes associated with sex hormone receptors. They conclude that current data suggests a biological etiology for transgender identity.

I suggest you do your own research on the interwebs; I'm not your research librarian.

If Transgenderism were as prevalent as you loons of the left claim, our society would have ordered around that fact millennia ago.

I suggest you do your own research on the interwebs; I'm not your research librarian.

If Transgenderism were as prevalent as you loons of the left claim, our society would have ordered around that fact millennia ago.
Bubba, I just provided you with research. You clearly are not a research librarian. Until recently, trans people were relegated to the margins of society and not even acknowledged . Now they are coming out that reordering process is in fact happening which is driving the trans phobes bat shit crazy.

Bubba, I just provided you with research. You clearly are not a research librarian. Until recently, trans people were relegated to the margins of society and not even acknowledged . Now they are coming out that reordering process is in fact happening which is driving the trans phobes bat shit crazy.

I've done my own research in the past. The 1-2% figure is accurate. If you can't bother to read anything besides the crap you posted, that is your problem, not mine.

I've done my own research in the past. The 1-2% figure is accurate. If you can't bother to read anything besides the crap you posted, that is your problem, not mine.
Worthless blather unless you document it. One needs to know the source of the data, how and when it was collected. The numbers are rapidly changing as more people are open about their gender identity and sexuality.

PS. I don't give a rat's hind parts what the percentage is. Every one of them is a valued human being- unlike bigots and the willfully ignorant who make up a much larger percentage

PS. I don't give a rat's hind parts what the percentage is. Every one of them is a valued human being- unlike bigots and the willfully ignorant who make up a much larger percentage

Of course, everyone reading this knows that what you mean by “bigots and the willfully ignorant” is those of us who accept hard science as having greater credence than the insane delusions of mentally-ill, morally-defective freaks.

So, what you are saying here is that every sick, insane pervert is “a valued human being”, but that sane, decent people are not.

Of course, everyone reading this knows that what you mean by “bigots and the willfully ignorant” is those of us who accept hard science as having greater credence than the insane delusions of mentally-ill, morally-defective freaks.

So, what you are saying here is that every sick, insane pervert is “a valued human being”, but that sane, decent people are not.
Right Bobby.... this is how seriously I take you:

upload_2018-10-27_16-47-51.jpeg

Cartoon Troll holding a club. Vector illustration with no gradients. All in a single layer.

Research that starts with an agenda and a desired conclusion is, scientifically speaking, garbage. People are different. There are fairies and tomboys, and always have been. Of course, everyone should be treated with respect and compassion, but that is a far cry from DEMANDING that the world at large - including the Government - must accede to a biological delusion or choice that is at variance with gender-at-birth.

When you get the NCAA and the International Olympic Commission, and the Professional Golfers Association (etc) to accept the concept of gender fluidity, let me know. Until then. "Transgender" is no more a reality than the costumes that the kiddies will be wearing on the evening of October 31.

Forum List

Back