The Tragedy of Palestine

u2scram

Oct 26, 2010
It is self evident that no one has the right*to*take someone else’s land.**

That may have been an accepted practice in the colonial era of the 18th to 19th century. By the mid-20th century, it was not acceptable.*

Israel did not exist before 1948. Palestine did. That simple fact alone tells you were justice lies in this matter!**

“The population of Palestine, predominantly agricultural, was about 690,000 in 1914, 535,000 Muslims; 70,000 Christians, most of whom were Arabs; and 85,000 Jews." (Encyclopaedia Britannica).**

There was no substantial Jewish population until after ww2 when Jews were 'imported'. Often wealthy Zionists financed them. Wealthy Zionists who incidentally, decided to remain were they where!**

The Chinese have used similar tactics, massive immigration, to subjugate Tibet, a similar crime against humanity.**

Ancient history is irrelevant. Modern history is*not.**

To claim someone else’s land because your ancestors once lived there is merely unreasonable. However, to claim it because god gave it to you is insane.**

Modern Zionism is based upon religious*fundamentalism and racism. Anyone who supports these policies must exist in a religious fantasy camp, were seizing the lands of others is a god-given right and anyone who attempts to recover their own land is a terrorist.**

Eventually, the Israelis must come to terms with their criminal actions in Palestine.**

If they do this, and establish some kind of 'Truth Commission', I believe that they will find a new basis for discussion with the Palestinians, and that a single state solution will be a possibility, with some kind of reconciliation with the Palestinians, who have suffered so much at the hands of the Zionists since the occupation began.**

You seem to be seeking a moral finding on the creation of Israel.

Applying moral tests to ammoral entities like nations really doesn't make sense.

Very few nations I can think of aren't the result of theft and war.

Why is Israel being held to a standard that we do not hold our own nation to?

Bear in mind as you ponder this that I too, and not a big fan of Israel.

But I am a big fan of truth.

And the truth is that Israel, just like every other nation, has the right to exist that stems from power, not from morality.

And if Israel is overpowered by Palestinians then the Palestinians have the right to exist just as long as they can hold onto it, too.

Hey, don't blame the messenger.

I didn't say I like it, I'm just noting how the world really works.

We no longer live in the wild west of world politics. It is no longer legal to steal a country.

Religion and Economics have also conspired in the tragedy of Palestine/Israel/Judea/Canaan. Zionism works for rich Jews the some way Aryan Mythology functioned for rich Germans (and Jews) during Hitler's rise.

Israel's "independence" required an Arab Al Nakba (catastrophe):

"Al-Nakba should not be viewed as a 'catastrophe' in the same sense as those sudden upheavals, destruction, etc, caused by inexplicable natural disasters, massive earthquakes, flooding, tornadoes, or an unexpected attack by meteorites from outer space.

"I want to argue here for the need to widen our conception of Al-Nakba, and to think of it as a disastrous process, whose seeds were consciously planted at least since the beginning of the last century, and whose clear targets were our displacement and alienation from our indigenous land, and our supplanting by Jewish-Zionist colonists being hurled at us from other parts of the world."

"My call for re-focusing our conceptualization of, what was termed Al-Nakba, is certainly not to deny, or undermine, the evil that was perpetrated and impacted an entire society, history and territory...

"It is a process that led to the cleansing (i.e., killing and expulsion) of at least 86% of the indigenous Palestinian population that lived in the area that became Israel; and the erasure of at least 531 of their villages and towns, with the explicit goal of creating an exclusive Jewish state in the same area.

"Al-Nakba is an ongoing process of 'memoricide' (to use Ilan Pappe's term)-the wiping out of individual and collective memory, in the hope that it cannot be rekindled...

"From the above perspective, and according to all available serious historical analyses, Al-Nakba was not a sudden happening that came from nowhere.

"What happened in 1947-1948 was a culmination of a colonial settler process, whose aim was (and continues to be) to dislodge the indigenous Arab population of Palestine and replace them with Zionist Jewish settlers from other countries.

"These settlers and their descendents spearheaded a systematic process, which started in the early twenties of the last century, of cleansing the land from its Palestinian population, and transforming it to become an extension of the globalized capitalist center."

Khalil Nakhleh

It is self evident that no one has the right*to*take someone else’s land.

Your post is complete fiction. :lol:

Arabs and Muslims stole the once-Jewish and once-Christian Middle East.
Muslim conquests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jews lived in the Holy Land 2000 years before Arabs, who originated from Arabia, invaded and took their land.

Allah knows the Holy Land is Jewish land...

Quran 5:20-21...
Remember Moses said to his people: 'O my people! Recall in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people! Enter the holy land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.

Winston Churchill knew the Holy Land is Jewish land...
The Jews had Palestine before that indigenous population [the Arabs] came in and inhabited it
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Jews-Friendship-Martin-Gilbert/dp/0805078800]Amazon.com: Churchill and the Jews: A Lifelong Friendship (9780805078800): Martin Gilbert: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Barack Obama knows the Hold Land is Jewish land...
Israel is a sovereign state, and the historic homeland of the Jewish people.
It should be clear to all that efforts to chip away at Israel's legitimacy will only be met by the unshakeable opposition of the United States. And efforts to threaten or kill Israelis will do nothing to help the Palestinian people. The slaughter of innocent Israelis is not resistance -- it's injustice
Remarks by the President to the United Nations General Assembly | The White House

The League of Nations knew the Holy Land is Jewish land...
Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country

Now, even you know. :clap2:

Last edited:

Applying moral tests to ammoral entities like nations really doesn't make sense.

And the truth is that Israel, just like every other nation, has the right to exist that stems from power, not from morality.

And if Israel is overpowered by Palestinians then the Palestinians have the right to exist just as long as they can hold onto it, too.

you're right of course.

but in response to your query, the fact that they insist on pontificating about israel without comment on the fact that the UAE, Iraq and many other countries only exist because they were 'created' is proof it's about anti-semitism.

Religion and Economics have also conspired in the tragedy of Palestine/Israel/Judea/Canaan. Zionism works for rich Jews the some way Aryan Mythology functioned for rich Germans (and Jews) during Hitler's rise.

Oil-rich Arab bandits stole the once-Jewish and once-Christian Middle East. Not one sovereign Arab country existed prior to WW I, which were all invented out of the ashes of the old Ottoman Empire.

you're right of course.

but in response to your query, the fact that they insist on pontificating about israel without comment on the fact that the UAE, Iraq and many other countries only exist because they were 'created' is proof it's about anti-semitism.

There is a big difference between waking up one morning to find a new flag over city hall, and waking up one morning with a gun in your face.

you're right of course.

There is a big difference between waking up one morning to find a new flag over city hall, and waking up one morning with a gun in your face.

The Fakestinians invented a fake flag. They took the Jordanian flag, dropped the star and made it their own fake flag.

Fake people, fake flag.
http://www.jordanbkk.com/image/jordan-flag.gif
http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/palestinian_hamas__260498.jpg

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arab American Journalist Joe Farah...
There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc
Myths of the Middle East

Arab Commentator Azmi Bishara...
Well, I dont think there is a Palestinian nation at all. I think there is an Arab nation. I always thought so and I did not change my mind. I do not think there is a Palestinian nation, I think its a colonialist invention - Palestinian nation. When were there any Palestinians? Where did it come from? I think there is an Arab nation. I never turned to be a Palestinian nationalist, despite of my decisive struggle against the occupation. I think that until the end of the 19th century, Palestine was the south of Greater Syria.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3n5-yG-6dU[/ame]

We no longer live in the wild west of world politics. It is no longer legal to steal a country.

Says who?

You sort of miss my point.

Nations are only as beholden to any law as there is somebody to enforce that law.

That is how it was, how it is, and how it will be.

What law created the USA?

What laws granted them the right to take the land from the original inhabitants?

The law of the fang and claw.

The ONLY law that nations really and truly respect.

Last edited:

Says who?

Nations are only as beholden to any law as there is somebody to enforce that law.

What laws granted them the right to take the land from the original inhabitants?

What laws created 30 Arab countries and 60 Muslim countries?

Too bad the Fakestinians rejected statehood offered to them by the UN 60 years ago, instead of belly-aching about Israel for over half a century.

Dumb bastards.:lol:

""Very few nations I can think of aren't the result of theft and war.""

Ancient history is irrelevant. Modern history is*not.**we no longer live in the colonialist era, and havent done so since the turn of the 20th century.

i say we dont, but you obviously still do.

one day you will grow up, or wake up. are you rip van winkle by any chance?

""Very few nations I can think of aren't the result of theft and war.""

Ancient history is irrelevant. Modern history is*not.**we no longer live in the colonialist era, and havent done so since the turn of the 20th century.

Didn't the colonialist Muslims colonize the once-Jewish and Christian Middle East, north Africa, Asia and much of Europe, shit-for-brains?

Yah, they did...

Your history lesson for the day, moron. :clap2:

Allah even boasts about Muslim colonization...

Quran 13:41...
See they not that We gradually reduce the land (of disbelievers, by giving it to the believers, in war victories) from its outlying borders. And Allâh judges, there is none to put back His Judgement and He is Swift at reckoning.

You enjoy having me rip you a new asshole, asshole? :lol:

It is self evident that no one has the right*to*take someone else’s land.**
Well, those, for whom it's "self-evident", should tell it, for example, to the russians.
Israel did not exist before 1948. Palestine did.
At the risk of sounding like Alice, replying to the Mad Hatter, we must ask how can one "return" something to a state that has never yet existed? Voodoo, indeed.

Says who?

Current international law states that it is inadmissible to acquire land through the threat or use of force. Israel has acquired virtually all it land from the Palestinians at the point of a gun. It also states that people have the right to return to their homes implying other rights. When the US and other countries were formed these laws were not in place.

Enforcement Is governed more on politics than on the statement of law. The Palestinians hold the legal and moral high ground in their battle with Israel. The Palestinians have consistently stated that any peace agreement be based on international law. Israel and its supporters have always avoided international law. You will notice that "international law" is never mentioned in any of the peace agreement being forced onto the Palestinians. If Israel's actions were legal, international law would be at the top of the page.

International law will not be enforced until world opinion makes it so. It appears that this will happen sometime in the future.

Current international law states that it is inadmissible to acquire land through the threat or use of force. Israel has acquired virtually all it land from the Palestinians at the point of a gun. It also states that people have the right to return to their homes implying other rights. When the US and other countries were formed these laws were not in place.

Wrong, stooge. Seizure of territory in a defensive war is lawful, as was the case in the '67 war.
Go back to mindlessly Googling and cutting and pasting your next post, fool. LOL

Say hello to Larry and Curley, Moe. :lol:

Last edited:
Current international law states that it is inadmissible to acquire land through the threat or use of force.
And what "international law" might that be?
Israel has acquired virtually all it land from the Palestinians at the point of a gun.
Does that mean Israel "acquired" something joovish too?
It also states that people have the right to return to their homes implying other rights.
How so?

Quote: Originally Posted by P F Tinmore
Israel has acquired virtually all it land from the Palestinians at the point of a gun.

Er, wrong, as usual, uneducated, stupid little boy.

The entire international body of the League of Nations established Palestine as the Jewish homeland.
Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/palmanda.asp

Eminent Middle East historian Bernard Lewis...
On 29 November, 1947, the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted a resolution approving the partition of mandatory Palestine into three components: a Jewish state, an Arab state, and an international zone. As the Mandate came to an end, the Jews began to form their state; the Palestinian Arab leaders and the Arab governments rejected the partition resolution and went to war to prevent its implementation.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Bernard-Lewis/dp/0684832801/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288211501&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: The Middle East (9780684832807): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Jewish immigrants first arrived unarmed and without a military.

The Muslims acquired all their land throughout the Middle East at the blade of a sword.

Now, you know, stooge. :clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back