The 'Taliban' in Our Midst

Oh Gawd, he we go. Another Communist/Progressive wanker expressing their deranged hatred for Christians. These loons have no credibility. When they start attacking and insulting Islam with the same hateful zeal, i might give em some credibility. Till then, i'll just continue to say they're deranged hateful cowards.

Do you have a problem with Baha'is, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Wiccans who served honorably and are buried in Arlington National Cemetery?

Oh Gawd, he we go. Another Communist/Progressive wanker expressing their deranged hatred for Christians. These loons have no credibility. When they start attacking and insulting Islam with the same hateful zeal, i might give em some credibility. Till then, i'll just continue to say they're deranged hateful cowards.

Do you have a problem with Baha'is, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Wiccans who served honorably and are buried in Arlington National Cemetery?

Seriously, when y'all loony Communists start attacking and insulting Muslims with the same hateful zeal, i'll give ya a little credibility. You attack and insult Christians because you feel there are no consequences. You don't attack and insult Muslims the same way because you fear there could be consequences. You are hateful little cowards.

Seriously, when y'all loony Communists start attacking and insulting Muslims with the same hateful zeal, i'll give ya a little credibility. You attack and insult Christians because you feel there are no consequences. You don't attack and insult Muslims the same way because you fear there could be consequences. You are hateful little cowards.

Muslims aren't fucking up my way of life by trying to politically influence how I live like the Christian loonies are.

Muslims aren't fucking up my way of life by trying to politically influence how I live like the Christian loonies are.

No Christian is 'fucking up your way of life.' That's just your loony hate. If your life is fucked up, that's all on you. But like i said, you loony Communists/Progressives supposedly hate religion. Yet you only attack and insult Christians. If you truly hated religion, you'd be attacking and insulting Muslims with the same hateful zeal. But you don't, because you're hateful cowards. You fear the possible consequences.

Muslims will not tolerate your attacks and insults. But Christians will and do. They're easy targets for your attacks. It's as simple as that. But maybe if Christians started standing up to you, you'd begin to respect them? Seems to work for Muslims. Something to ponder i guess.

No Christian is 'fucking up your way of life.' That's just your loony hate. If your life is fucked up, that's all on you. But like i said, you loony Communists/Progressives supposedly hate religion. Yet you only attack and insult Christians. If you truly hated religion, you'd be attacking and insulting Muslims with the same hateful zeal. But you don't, because you're hateful cowards. You fear the possible consequences.

Muslims will not tolerate your attacks and insults. But Christians will and do. They're easy targets for your attacks. It's as simple as that. But maybe if Christians started standing up to you, you'd begin to respect them? Seems to work for Muslims. Something to ponder i guess.

I don't hate religion - I just have great disdain for those who misuse and try to push it on others. I strongly believe in secular government - free of religious zealots like Governor Mike Pence.

I have a feeling if Christians started threatening to cut Communist/Progressive heads off, they would begin respecting Christians a bit more. It seems to work well for Muslims. I mean, when's the last time you observed a loony Communist/Progressive attacking and insulting Islam?

Obviously they're far too cowardly for that. They realize that Christians will tolerate their constant attacks. They also realize that Muslims won't. Just a buncha hateful cowards in the end.

I don't hate religion - I just have great disdain for those who misuse and try to push it on others. I strongly believe in secular government - free of religious zealots like Governor Mike Pence.

Yes, we already covered your irrational cowardly hate for Christians. We get that. Anything else?

And you consider this, from our first President, requested by Congress, what?
And you would consider this address by our first President, to be what? And I would assume, being the first President and requested by Congress, they knew what they would and would not find acceptable-
Thanksgiving Proclamation

Issued by President George Washington, at the request of Congress, on October 3, 1789

By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and—Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favor, able interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other trangressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Go. Washington

Would any of you NaziCons mind if our military leaders converted our soldiers to Islam? Proselytizing applies to all religions.

Military officers who wear their religion on their sleeve are a danger to our country at any time, but especially after the terrorists attacks of

NaziCons don't mind proselytizing in our military - so long as it's only Christian proselytizing.

n-US-AIR-FORCE-MAJOR-GENERAL-CRAIG-OLSON-large570.jpg

Military officers who wear their religion on their sleeve are a danger to our country at any time, but especially after the terrorists attacks of September 11, 2001.

Whether it's US Army Lieutenant General William G. Boykin telling his audience that "My God is bigger than his" in the close aftermath of that tragedy, or the more recent example of US Air Force Major General Craig Olson saying in uniform and in public -- and speaking in tones far more like a preacher than a military officer -- "I am a redeemed believer in Christ," these are dangerous men, making dangerous displays of religion.

Moreover, such displays occur in an environment where they are strictly prohibited by secular rules. These rules -- and in the case of the US Air Force, written regulations -- are in place for a reason.

First, they protect the Constitutional separation of church and state. No government representative should be seen advocating for any religion, period. We officers, when we take the oath of office, surrender for the duration of our service the privilege of publicly professing our religion, of "wearing it on our sleeve."

Second, these rules protect the good order and discipline of the military. Many religions -- and no religion at all -- exist throughout the ranks. To profess a particular religion from a leadership position is detrimental to that order and discipline. How might, for example, a Jewish soldier feel when his lieutenant professes his belief in Jesus before his platoon? A Muslim soldier? An atheist?

In addition, a flag officer (a general or admiral) must be doubly careful because so many men and women are influenced by or fall under the sway and power of his or her every word and deed. Sometimes it might be thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, as was the case when I served then-chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, General Colin Powell -- who, incidentally, would never have worn his religion on his sleeve.

Third, and becoming increasingly relevant every day that passes, public professions of religion by military officers give groups such as al-Qaeda, ISIS, al-Nusra and other religious fanatics superb propaganda to use against our soldiers in the field and against us, as a nation. We, in effect, become no better than they, some sort of American taliban. As such, we excite more recruits, more followers, more zealots to their banners. We also grievously undermine our own cause, just as we undermine our own Constitution.

What US Air Force Major General Craig Olson did was particularly egregious. Not only does he display by his remarks the naivete of a twelve-year-old Boy Scout -- and thus call into immediate, serious question the billions of dollars and hundreds of young lives entrusted to his care and leadership -- he also repeatedly calls on a single religion, indeed seems almost entranced by that religion, in uniform, in public, and on, of all things, God TV, an international broadcast. As a soldier of 31 years myself, I found his exhortations discomfiting, dismaying, and dangerous. Frankly, I also found them flatly incredible: I had never heard such words uttered by a general officer in my life.

Should the USAF punish him? Clearly, he has violated law and regulation. There is no doubt about that. But should he be punished?

The USAF is understandably afraid of certain members of the US Congress, as are all the Services when it comes to presenting an overt challenge to what these members of Congress believe is "every Christian's right to profess his or her religion, no matter the circumstances."

Congress' constant dalliance with such pseudo-Christian organizations as James Dobson's Focus on the Family -- whose members most remind me of the people at the famous Scopes trial in Tennessee, who for the most part were hopelessly ignorant -- exacerbates this fear.

It was Dobson's wife's organization that sponsored the event during which Olson made his stunningly impassioned remarks. The event was camouflaged under the aegis of one Alabama Republican's name -- Congressman Robert Aderholt -- but everyone with any insight into Washington knows that Dobson was behind the entire event.

More: The Taliban in Our Midst: Lawrence B. Wilkerson

The laws against religious proselytizing by U.S. military personnel should be more strongly enforced, and those who disobey should be dealt with severely. Upholding the U.S. Constitution should supersede all religious beliefs. The U.S. Constitution's separation of church and state does not give preference to any religion. The founding fathers were very wise in that regard.

In the end, the constitution is just a piece of paper so if someone decided to disobey it to preserve their liberty then so be it.

n-US-AIR-FORCE-MAJOR-GENERAL-CRAIG-OLSON-large570.jpg

Military officers who wear their religion on their sleeve are a danger to our country at any time, but especially after the terrorists attacks of September 11, 2001.

Whether it's US Army Lieutenant General William G. Boykin telling his audience that "My God is bigger than his" in the close aftermath of that tragedy, or the more recent example of US Air Force Major General Craig Olson saying in uniform and in public -- and speaking in tones far more like a preacher than a military officer -- "I am a redeemed believer in Christ," these are dangerous men, making dangerous displays of religion.

Moreover, such displays occur in an environment where they are strictly prohibited by secular rules. These rules -- and in the case of the US Air Force, written regulations -- are in place for a reason.

First, they protect the Constitutional separation of church and state. No government representative should be seen advocating for any religion, period. We officers, when we take the oath of office, surrender for the duration of our service the privilege of publicly professing our religion, of "wearing it on our sleeve."

Second, these rules protect the good order and discipline of the military. Many religions -- and no religion at all -- exist throughout the ranks. To profess a particular religion from a leadership position is detrimental to that order and discipline. How might, for example, a Jewish soldier feel when his lieutenant professes his belief in Jesus before his platoon? A Muslim soldier? An atheist?

In addition, a flag officer (a general or admiral) must be doubly careful because so many men and women are influenced by or fall under the sway and power of his or her every word and deed. Sometimes it might be thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, as was the case when I served then-chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, General Colin Powell -- who, incidentally, would never have worn his religion on his sleeve.

Third, and becoming increasingly relevant every day that passes, public professions of religion by military officers give groups such as al-Qaeda, ISIS, al-Nusra and other religious fanatics superb propaganda to use against our soldiers in the field and against us, as a nation. We, in effect, become no better than they, some sort of American taliban. As such, we excite more recruits, more followers, more zealots to their banners. We also grievously undermine our own cause, just as we undermine our own Constitution.

What US Air Force Major General Craig Olson did was particularly egregious. Not only does he display by his remarks the naivete of a twelve-year-old Boy Scout -- and thus call into immediate, serious question the billions of dollars and hundreds of young lives entrusted to his care and leadership -- he also repeatedly calls on a single religion, indeed seems almost entranced by that religion, in uniform, in public, and on, of all things, God TV, an international broadcast. As a soldier of 31 years myself, I found his exhortations discomfiting, dismaying, and dangerous. Frankly, I also found them flatly incredible: I had never heard such words uttered by a general officer in my life.

Should the USAF punish him? Clearly, he has violated law and regulation. There is no doubt about that. But should he be punished?

The USAF is understandably afraid of certain members of the US Congress, as are all the Services when it comes to presenting an overt challenge to what these members of Congress believe is "every Christian's right to profess his or her religion, no matter the circumstances."

Congress' constant dalliance with such pseudo-Christian organizations as James Dobson's Focus on the Family -- whose members most remind me of the people at the famous Scopes trial in Tennessee, who for the most part were hopelessly ignorant -- exacerbates this fear.

It was Dobson's wife's organization that sponsored the event during which Olson made his stunningly impassioned remarks. The event was camouflaged under the aegis of one Alabama Republican's name -- Congressman Robert Aderholt -- but everyone with any insight into Washington knows that Dobson was behind the entire event.

More: The Taliban in Our Midst: Lawrence B. Wilkerson

The laws against religious proselytizing by U.S. military personnel should be more strongly enforced, and those who disobey should be dealt with severely. Upholding the U.S. Constitution should supersede all religious beliefs. The U.S. Constitution's separation of church and state does not give preference to any religion. The founding fathers were very wise in that regard.

In the end, the constitution is just a piece of paper so if someone decided to disobey it to preserve their liberty then so be it.

Tell that to the Supreme Court.

And you would consider this address by our first President, to be what? And I would assume, being the first President and requested by Congress, they knew what they would and would not find acceptable-

Issued by President George Washington, at the request of Congress, on October 3, 1789

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and—Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favor, able interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other trangressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Go. Washington

Maybe you should broaden your research.

The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 1-1

2.11. Government Neutrality Regarding Religion. Leaders at all levels must balance constitutional protections for an individual’s free exercise of religion or other personal beliefs and the constitutional prohibition against governmental establishment of religion. For example, they must avoid the actual or apparent use of their position to promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates or to extend preferential treatment for any religion. Commanders or supervisors who engage in such behavior may cause members to doubt their impartiality and objectivity. The potential result is a degradation of the unit’s morale, good order, and discipline. Airmen, especially commanders and supervisors, must ensure that in exercising their right of religious free expression, they do not degrade morale, good order, and discipline in the Air Force or degrade the trust and confidence that the public has in the United States Air Force.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/z_Personal/Huus/AFI1-1 (4).pdf

Shame on the general.

You're beating a dead horse

So, you wouldn't mind if the general were a Muslim giving a similar speech to a similar audience?

You already posted that and the USAF has declined to punish Maj. Gen Olsen. All your BS for something that was decided three days ago

The Air Force regs are just written on a piece of paper which makes them completely worthless.

Go. Washington

I can't wait until the day Americans begin to see people like this as the closet communist that they are.

Go. Washington

I can't wait until the day Americans begin to see people like this as the closet communist that they are.

What's wrong with communists? Communism comes in various forms - just like socialism.

Go. Washington

What's wrong with communists? Communism comes in various forms - just like socialism.

Why don't you try and impose it here ?

The founding fathers gave us a Godless Constitution - but Christian NaziCons keep trying to undermine it through the back door.

Just because
The founding fathers gave us a Godless Constitution - but Christian NaziCons keep trying to undermine it through the back door.
Just because the Founding Fathers had the wisdom not to mention Manitou or Allah all other their references to a Supreme Being are to God, the God of Jews and Christians, there is no sober and reasonable way to say that their legacy is "Godless".

Do radical prog idiots really really think members of the Military who might be devout Christians are as dangerous as the jihad maniacs who are so delusional that they think they live in the 6th century? After members of the Military and Veterans have given so much for the Country the radical prog idiots think it's appropriate to insult their religious beliefs on Memorial Day. Try this lefties, travel to an Islamic dominated country and insult Mohammed. If you live you might come back and thank the members of the Military and even Christian members of the Military and Veterans for the freedom you enjoy in the greatest Country on earth.

Just because
Just because the Founding Fathers had the wisdom not to mention Manitou or Allah all other their references to a Supreme Being are to God, the God of Jews and Christians, there is no sober and reasonable way to say that their legacy is "Godless".

Show me where God is mentioned in the U.S. Constitution.

Do radical prog idiots really really think members of the Military who might be devout Christians are as dangerous as the jihad maniacs who are so delusional that they think they live in the 6th century? After members of the Military and Veterans have given so much for the Country the radical prog idiots think it's appropriate to insult their religious beliefs on Memorial Day. Try this lefties, travel to an Islamic dominated country and insult Mohammed. If you live you might come back and thank the members of the Military and even Christian members of the Military and Veterans for the freedom you enjoy in the greatest Country on earth.

U.S. soldiers of all faiths have fought and died to protect our freedoms - including Muslims and Atheists.

Forum List

Back