The stupidity of Alt "Right"

Hey Grampa Murked U , have you learned anything in this thread? If yes....say so.
I've learned that others have their own definitions of what it means. I still think it's stupid. We should be trying to erase the divisions & labels not create more.
The alt-right is extremely opposed to that
So we're back to race.

Isn't the alt-right thing mostly just a way to distinguish Trump supporters from traditional Republicans?
To me no. I know several people that support Trump and I've never seen the wack a doodle behavior everyone is assigning to this new label

Sure you have. You have just recently acknowledged it. The crazy behavior from the extreme right has been common place for years.

The alt-right is extremely opposed to that
So we're back to race.

Isn't the alt-right thing mostly just a way to distinguish Trump supporters from traditional Republicans?
To me no. I know several people that support Trump and I've never seen the wack a doodle behavior everyone is assigning to this new label

Supporting Trump isn't wack a doodle enough?
I don't like Trump, but no, that in and off itself isn't wackadoodle. If you're a GOP supporter you know elections matter and it's better for your agenda to have an "R" next to the name of the person serving than a "D" in most cases. If you're not a Hillary fan, Trump is your only realistic option at this point. I won't be supporting Trump and I think it's silly to label all his supporters as crazy now we're in the general.

Now back in the primaries....

Trumps ever changing promises and claims are crazy. How could you not think that people who believe and support them are not crazy too?

So we're back to race.

Supporting Trump isn't wack a doodle enough?
I don't like Trump, but no, that in and off itself isn't wackadoodle. If you're a GOP supporter you know elections matter and it's better for your agenda to have an "R" next to the name of the person serving than a "D" in most cases. If you're not a Hillary fan, Trump is your only realistic option at this point. I won't be supporting Trump and I think it's silly to label all his supporters as crazy now we're in the general.

Now back in the primaries....

Trumps ever changing promises and claims are crazy. How could you not think that people who believe and support them are not crazy too?
A fair number of folks are going to vote for him because he's the GOP nominee. There's a logic in the idea that it's better to close ranks than to break ranks. The person holding the VP slot may end up helping decide control of the Senate for example. Trump as President probably makes it easier for Ryan to advance his agenda, etc. If party identity is important, then supporting the nominee follows. I'd be hesitant to label party loyalty as a 100% bad thing. It can lead to bad stuff, but...

Now, if you supported Trump in the primaries then I don't have much sympathy for you. You had other reasonable choices no matter what your philosophy was. Trump's pretty clearly a demagogue and if you were with him at day 1, I don't have much to say nice about you.

Alternative to what?
"the Establishment".
We already have a name for that, it's Tea Party
But the Tea Party aren't rabid racists though...unless you're suggesting that it is.
they're not?

imamobama.jpg

search

From my understanding it is a new name being used to describe racists. Since we have racists in all walks of life and not just the right the term is asinine at best. The left act as if the racists on the right are somehow worse than the ones on the left or the ones with no political leanings.
Fringe right seems more than adequate enough just as fringe left does.

Democrats pretend to want to end the "racism" but they can't wait to create new labels to further divide the people.

racism has nothing to do with it ... how many times do you need to have it explained to you ?
As many as it takes.
Simplest definition: the alt-right is basically the pre-civil rights southern Democrat party

Oh so it's like northern regressives of today?

alt right is just like everything else RW dolts do ... spin until they refuse to accept anything but their spin ... facts make no difference , or become lies.

F'em.

I assumed it was a label applied by the left. I was apparently wrong. Either way there is no defense of anyone or anything in my posts
The "Alt-Right" moniker has been bandied about in the media for some time now, well before Hillary used it in her speech last week. That's why she was able to use it, she didn't make it up.

The term has been used in the mainstream, left, and rightwing media outlets.

Why did you make such an assumption? I didn't say you were absolutely defending, however, I did suggest that your thread has a defensive tone. You can't pretend that it doesn't.

From my understanding it is a new name being used to describe racists. Since we have racists in all walks of life and not just the right the term is asinine at best. The left act as if the racists on the right are somehow worse than the ones on the left or the ones with no political leanings.

Democrats pretend to want to end the "racism" but they can't wait to create new labels to further divide the people.

racism has nothing to do with it ... how many times do you need to have it explained to you ?
As many as it takes.
Simplest definition: the alt-right is basically the pre-civil rights southern Democrat party
or today's Democrat party right?

As many as it takes.

No. I don't see today's Democratic party as rabid anti-government.

As many as it takes.

you aren't looking hard enough then.

I assumed it was a label applied by the left. I was apparently wrong. Either way there is no defense of anyone or anything in my posts
The "Alt-Right" moniker has been bandied about in the media for some time now, well before Hillary used it in her speech last week. That's why she was able to use it, she didn't make it up.

The term has been used in the mainstream, left, and rightwing media outlets.

Why did you make such an assumption? I didn't say you were absolutely defending, however, I did suggest that your thread has a defensive tone. You can't pretend that it doesn't.
I'm not pretending anything. As per usual you are projecting

As many as it takes.

Both parties have strains of pro-Government and anti-Government. That's too easy a label. The GOP wants less government in business, but is perfectly willing to use government to enforce social views. The GOP also requires a government big enough and pervasive enough to support a military strong enough to fight multiple wars at once. That kind of military might isn't possible without enough tax revenue and government power to support the military.

The Democrats want more government involvement with business, but want the government out of social issues almost entirely as soon as possible. They tend to also be against the kind of large scale military we have. Reducing that military would allow you to reduce the size and reach of government.

Those are broad generalizations that aren't without some truth. You can debate the fine points if you want but the larger points are mostly valid.

As many as it takes.

Both parties have strains of pro-Government and anti-Government. That's too easy a label. The GOP wants less government in business, but is perfectly willing to use government to enforce social views. The GOP also requires a government big enough and pervasive enough to support a military strong enough to fight multiple wars at once. That kind of military might isn't possible without enough tax revenue and government power to support the military.

The Democrats want more government involvement with business, but want the government out of social issues almost entirely as soon as possible. They tend to also be against the kind of large scale military we have. Reducing that military would allow you to reduce the size and reach of government.

Those are broad generalizations that aren't without some truth. You can debate the fine points if you want but the larger points are mostly valid.

Dems only want govt out of their pet social issues, their good with every thing else. They love forcing their offensive behavior issues on the rest of us, under the guise of equality.

Dems only want govt out of their pet social issues, their good with every thing else. They love forcing their offensive behavior issues on the rest of us, under the guise of equality.
Most Democrats would rather not. They see government as a way to guarantee freedoms and that isn't wrong. Tyranny of the majority is best stopped by having an active government that respects individual rights. The GOP would rather use government to impose belief on the public square. The DNC would rather free up the public square and get out of the way.

Most Democrats would rather not. They see government as a way to guarantee freedoms and that isn't wrong. Tyranny of the majority is best stopped by having an active government that respects individual rights. The GOP would rather use government to impose belief on the public square. The DNC would rather free up the public square and get out of the way.

ROFLMFAO, rights were never based on behavior until the faghadist got their ruling. Absolutely nothing in the law or Constitution grants rights based on what people do or want to do. What next for the regressives, demanding everyone wear purple on Fridays because some fringe group thinks it's what they were born to do?

What behavior is being forced on you? Are you being forced into a gay sexual relationship that you don't want?

Forum List

Back