Name something you LIKE about each currently living president.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Obama : A good father
Bush Jr: A caring persona
Clinton: A roaring economy
Bush Sr: Honorable military service
Carter: Habitat for Humanity

Refrain from trash talk IF you're capable

tumblr_mcippxOuaA1qc3bl3o1_500.gif

While some of their policy ideas may be misguided all five of them seem to genuinely want what's best for the country. All five of them also seem approachable as human beings. The type of people you could imagine sitting down with and having a normal conversation. You may not agree with them all the time, but all of them seem like decent human beings.

While some of their policy ideas may be misguided all five of them seem to genuinely want what's best for the country. All five of them also seem approachable as human beings. The type of people you could imagine sitting down with and having a normal conversation. You may not agree with them all the time, but all of them seem like decent human beings.
I'd have a beer with any of them if only to pick their brain for 30 minutes. Although in Carters & Seniors case it might need to be a shot of oxygen instead of a beer.

Obama- Auto industry rescue
Bush Jr.- both his work with AIDs in Africa and his response after 9/11 telling Americans not to blame Muslim Americans- his finest moment.
Clinton- absolutely the economy- I agree.
Bush Sr.- Creating the coalition to drive Iraq out of Kuwait
Carter- the Camp David Accords

Yeah- despite what either side wants to portray them as- I could sit down with any of them and have a decent conversation.

Had a chance to see Jimmy Carter in a restaurant one time- he could not have been more gracious to both his friends and strangers. He had a beer and a burger.

Why would someone be proud of the auto industry bailout? That cost us billions of dollars and we STILL ended up losing thousands of jobs.

Obama: An idealist who was looking to help the national conversation transcend division.
Bush Jr: A very devout man. I didn't always agree with him but I did know he believed in his position.
Clinton: A skilled politician who knew when to compromise and when to stand firm.
Bush Sr: One of the smartest men we ever had for President. Really wish he'd had a second term.
Carter: A good, decent, religious man.

I'd say that's very true of all five. I'd also say that's what seems to be missing this election.

Forum List

Back