The stick

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
It’s the shit end of the stick.
Or is it?

Suppose somebody used a stick to clean up the dog shit in their yard.
Then suppose they handed you that stick so you could clean up the dog shit in your yard. If they only offered you the shit end of that stick, would you take it? Would it make a difference if it was your family?

Right about now, some of you are thinking, “MountainMan, what the fuck is your point, and why would anybody grab the shit end of a stick?”

My answer is that we all have some shit we need to deal with and sometimes that means taking the shit end of the stick just so we can turn it around and wash our hands later. I’ll take the temporary shit end of the stick rather than spend the rest of my life personally handling the shit while cleaning it up.

Anybody that uses their poor parental upbringing as an excuse for their current lot in life is just somebody that didn’t take the shit end of the stick, turn it around, and wash their hands later.

The same can be said for anybody that thinks government is the answer to their problems, except the stick the government hands you has shit on both ends.

It’s the shit end of the stick.
Or is it?

Suppose somebody used a stick to clean up the dog shit in their yard.
Then suppose they handed you that stick so you could clean up the dog shit in your yard. If they only offered you the shit end of that stick, would you take it? Would it make a difference if it was your family?

Right about now, some of you are thinking, “MountainMan, what the fuck is your point, and why would anybody grab the shit end of a stick?”

My answer is that we all have some shit we need to deal with and sometimes that means taking the shit end of the stick just so we can turn it around and wash our hands later. I’ll take the temporary shit end of the stick rather than spend the rest of my life personally handling the shit while cleaning it up.

Anybody that uses their poor parental upbringing as an excuse for their current lot in life is just somebody that didn’t take the shit end of the stick, turn it around, and wash their hands later.

The same can be said for anybody that thinks government is the answer to their problems, except the stick the government hands you has shit on both ends.

Poetic. Good one.

Forum List

Back