The Solution for Preventing Illegal Immigration

Ok. It is clear that no one here is interested in supporting a bill if it allow illegal immigrants to have legal residents. Let me try "sweeting the pot." How about if the bill would give legal residency for a LIMITED TIME ONLY. Let's change the amnesty section of the bill to:

================[ AMNESTY SECTION OF BILL ]================

We will give the illegal immigrants who register “legal resident status” and "work visas" FOR ONLY 10 YEARS, but not citizenship. THE LEGAL RESIDENT STATUS AND WORK VISAS WILL ONLY BE IN AFFECT FOR 10 YEARS, AND AFTERWARDS, EVERYONE WHO REGISTERED WILL LOSE THEIR RESIDENT STATUS. NO ONE UNDER THIS PROGRAM CAN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. The registration period will last for only one year after the constitutional amendment becomes law. After that, no one else can register.​

=======================[ END OF BILL ]======================

So, we will get a lot of powerful pro-enforcement laws on the books. The illegal immigrants will only be allowed to stay 10 years and then they will lose their legal status. We will have their names, addresses, and fingerprints which will make them easier to find and deport. We will end up deporting a lot more people under this program than we would without it. We would only have to suffer for 10 years. If this could be done, would anyone support this new version of the bill?

Philip Brown

Absolutely not! That just means Americans who lost their jobs to illegal aliens will be unemployed for another 10 years. It means another 10 years of overcrowded schools, jails and hospitals. 10 more years of added demands on our social and natural resources. 10 more years of the anchor baby fiasco.

Ok. It is clear that no one here is interested in supporting a bill if it allow illegal immigrants to have legal residents. Let me try "sweeting the pot." How about if the bill would give legal residency for a LIMITED TIME ONLY. Let's change the amnesty section of the bill to:

================[ AMNESTY SECTION OF BILL ]================

We will give the illegal immigrants who register “legal resident status” and "work visas" FOR ONLY 10 YEARS, but not citizenship. THE LEGAL RESIDENT STATUS AND WORK VISAS WILL ONLY BE IN AFFECT FOR 10 YEARS, AND AFTERWARDS, EVERYONE WHO REGISTERED WILL LOSE THEIR RESIDENT STATUS. NO ONE UNDER THIS PROGRAM CAN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. The registration period will last for only one year after the constitutional amendment becomes law. After that, no one else can register.​

=======================[ END OF BILL ]======================

So, we will get a lot of powerful pro-enforcement laws on the books. The illegal immigrants will only be allowed to stay 10 years and then they will lose their legal status. We will have their names, addresses, and fingerprints which will make them easier to find and deport. We will end up deporting a lot more people under this program than we would without it. We would only have to suffer for 10 years. If this could be done, would anyone support this new version of the bill?

Philip Brown

Absolutely not! That just means Americans who lost their jobs to illegal aliens will be unemployed for another 10 years. It means another 10 years of overcrowded schools, jails and hospitals. 10 more years of added demands on our social and natural resources. 10 more years of the anchor baby fiasco.

And I agree with Old Glory. When are we going to remember what Ross Perot said, "we are the owners of the country." Not the politicians, not the illegals, not Mexico, Germany, Russia, or anywhere else. It is "We the People!" And it is "We the People" who are citizens that it belongs to.

If you are a republican or a democrat and are against this nonsense, then the number 1 priority for you is to vote for a candidate in the primary who is against giving any kind of amnesty whatsoever.

Look at it this way........lets pretend Obama is right about his economic course (which he is not, but that is a topic for another discussion) and next year we have a bang out year creating job and make 5 million!

Well, if you are out of a job today, sounds good doesn't it! But what if they close their eyes and let 6 million more illegals over the border? Guess what! After the policy allowed 5 million MORE jobs to be created, it will be harder for you to get a job next year than it was this year; and monies going to social services will have to rise because we just added 1 million more people who are NOT working.

As an American, I do not care if you are a democrat, a republican, white, black, Hispanic, Asian, gay, straight, or transgender. If you are an American, it is YOUR job 1st! But to insure your taxes do not rise so you can INVEST in our economy, WE need to keep pressure off the budget; and since YOU deserve the jobs, if we allow 5 million in, they will need help; help out of YOUR pocket.

It is really your choice. You can't bitch about evil corporations who won't give a decent wage, while you let illegals in who take jobs for less because they are illegal. You can't worry about them 1st, you need to worry about yourselves, and your fellow Americans.

After you do these things, you want to revisit the debate, fine! But right now, you have to worry about your extended American family, period.

Go ahead and make light of the situation. So did Yamamoto, and what you are going to find out is..........you have awakened the American populace, and things are going to change.

That doesn't mean if you are illegal you get a free airplane ride back to where you came from. What it does mean is that you might.

Go ahead and make light of the situation. So did Yamamoto, and what you are going to find out is..........you have awakened the American populace, and things are going to change.

That hysterical little post was inapplicable, inaccurate, irrational and illogical.

Without immigration... no one would have good jobs to pay for their big houses,their ten meals a day, and dont forget those lemon drop drinks on fridays!

1.Heres the bottom line. Sooner will be so interconnected that it will destroy most of the cultures and languages.
2.Citizen of the world would be inevitable
3.We will all learn to understand one another or destroy each other - if not both some huge rock from space will do it or we will gas our selves caused by global warming.

That doesn't mean if you are illegal you get a free airplane ride back to where you came from. What it does mean is that you might.
DO you realize how many immigrants USA businesses take advantage of? These poor people who can barely squeeze out a word in the fear of being deported, so they pay and settle on anything offered to them. they are simply glad to be in america where there are laws to protect them and health care given if needed.

There is no politically correct way of preventing illegal immigration

well

there is I guess

build a wall

but you see.....cokroaches get through ... it's so difficult to keep them out

poor US of A.....

There is no politically correct way of preventing illegal immigration

well

there is I guess

build a wall

but you see.....cokroaches get through ... it's so difficult to keep them out

poor US of A.....

i agree.... they get through because those cockroaches were heading back home.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned is somehow curtailing the sending of money back to the home country. If this outflow could be slowed, or even stopped, that would eliminate one of the big draws attracting foreign workers. It would also help local businesses, since the money flowing out of the U.S. isn't helping anyone except the destination countries.
Where I live, it seems that I'm right between Little Mexico and Little Somalia. On the first of the month (other paydays aren't quite as bad), it's getting so a person doesn't want to go anywhere near a business that offers Western Union. Nearly everyone in line (and the lines are long) appears to be foreign-born, and most of them each have a stack of cash that they're sending out of the U.S. The most recent one I witnessed was about $700, but the average seems to be around $300-$500.
Some time ago, I did some research - it's actually cheaper on average to send money to another country than it is to a neighboring state, and it appears that it's still the case. Checking just now, it costs $6.99-$8.00 to send $100 to Mexico, $8-$11 to India, and $9.99 to Somalia, yet it costs $10-$12 to send it anywhere in the U.S. I'd imagine that it's because there are so many more out-of-country transactions happening than in-country that WU doesn't need to charge as much per transaction in order to make their profits.
Barring a complete ban on sending money out of the U.S., it needs to be made either much more difficult (currently, it's one form and about 5 minutes) or much more expensive. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Arrest, fine, and incarcerate yours good Republican employers that employ illegal aliens.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Arrest, fine, and incarcerate yours good Republican employers that employ illegal aliens.
I don't think that it's limited to only Republican employers. It's more a case of it being any employer that values maximizing the bottom line in general, and dividends to stockholders in particular, over anything else. Behavior like that transcends party lines - any way that they can decrease an expenditure (in this case labor costs) and get away with it, they're going to do it.
Also, if it's not illegals they're hiring, they're abusing the visa process if they're an international company.

Putting that aside, I wholeheartedly agree that drastic measures need to be taken against anyone that employs illegals.
I'd even go so far to say that, if there was a way to somehow bypass the 14th Amendment (which, because of case law, grants most of a citizen's rights to illegals), then housing and other services that enable illegals to stay here comfortably should be denied as well.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned is somehow curtailing the sending of money back to the home country. If this outflow could be slowed, or even stopped, that would eliminate one of the big draws attracting foreign workers. It would also help local businesses, since the money flowing out of the U.S. isn't helping anyone except the destination countries.
Where I live, it seems that I'm right between Little Mexico and Little Somalia. On the first of the month (other paydays aren't quite as bad), it's getting so a person doesn't want to go anywhere near a business that offers Western Union. Nearly everyone in line (and the lines are long) appears to be foreign-born, and most of them each have a stack of cash that they're sending out of the U.S. The most recent one I witnessed was about $700, but the average seems to be around $300-$500.
Some time ago, I did some research - it's actually cheaper on average to send money to another country than it is to a neighboring state, and it appears that it's still the case. Checking just now, it costs $6.99-$8.00 to send $100 to Mexico, $8-$11 to India, and $9.99 to Somalia, yet it costs $10-$12 to send it anywhere in the U.S. I'd imagine that it's because there are so many more out-of-country transactions happening than in-country that WU doesn't need to charge as much per transaction in order to make their profits.
Barring a complete ban on sending money out of the U.S., it needs to be made either much more difficult (currently, it's one form and about 5 minutes) or much more expensive. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

What about the Democrats that hire them? Don't be naive

DO you realize how many immigrants USA businesses take advantage of? These poor people who can barely squeeze out a word in the fear of being deported, so they pay and settle on anything offered to them. they are simply glad to be in america where there are laws to protect them and health care given if needed.

1. How many immigrants we let in is stated by law. What you are talking about is ILLEGALS, period.

2. Nobody is stopping you from helping them. Go HELP them, just don't make the rest of us do it if we do not want to.

3. I am extremely happy you forsee utopia. Didn't you lefties try to make that in California? Exactly how is that working out for you!

why waste the money on prisons? just horsewhip those who are convicted of hiring illegals, on pubic TV. why gas about what's politically correct? Not a wall, takes too long. Need a double fence, of stretched coils of razor wire, 3 coils, 2 atop them, 1 atop the 2. With rifle towers every 1/4 mile. walls mean nothing without riflemen backing them up. We could buiild such a fence in a month, if we really wanted to do so. Plenty of guys would sign up to man the rifle towers (can't fire at anyone not caught between the fences)

I don't think that it's limited to only Republican employers. It's more a case of it being any employer that values maximizing the bottom line in general, and dividends to stockholders in particular, over anything else. Behavior like that transcends party lines - any way that they can decrease an expenditure (in this case labor costs) and get away with it, they're going to do it.
Also, if it's not illegals they're hiring, they're abusing the visa process if they're an international company.

Putting that aside, I wholeheartedly agree that drastic measures need to be taken against anyone that employs illegals.
I'd even go so far to say that, if there was a way to somehow bypass the 14th Amendment (which, because of case law, grants most of a citizen's rights to illegals), then housing and other services that enable illegals to stay here comfortably should be denied as well.

I've never met or known any Democrat employers that are big enough ass-holes to do such a thing.

Forum List

Back