The Shutdown has almost cost as much as Trump Requested so far.

Is it Stupid to lose more money on the Shutdown than the amount requested by Trump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
The LUNACY of the Democrats continues..........The cost of the shut down quickly approaches the amount requested by Trump over the CR resolution. In about a week we will lose more than REQUESTED.

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...hutdown-has-cost-us-economy-36-billion-so-far

THE U.S. ECONOMY HAS lost $3.6 billion because of the ongoing partial government shutdown, according to an analysis by Standard & Poor's Global Ratings. It will only take another two weeks for the shutdown to cost the economy $5.7 billion – the same amount that the White House has requested for President Donald Trump's border wall.

The article says 2 weeks.........My 1 week is based on they authorized 1.6 Billion in the CR.

Now HOW STUPID IS THIS?????????

It costs more to keep it shutdown than keep it open. Stupidity in motion.

Cost of the Government Shutdown? Billions and Rising. It's Cheaper To Keep the Government Running

The partial government shutdown comes with a high price: in the billions, maybe tens of billions of dollars so far, and increasing in scale daily. It costs more to shutter the government than to keep it open, so long as accumulated bills and deferred salaries are eventually paid as they have following all previous temporary closures. And the lack of spending drags down the country’s economy, especially in communities with government workers or those near national parks.

Standard and Poor’s estimated in 2017 that a full government shutdown would cost the U.S. economy about $6.5 billion a week. This partial shutdown affects only about a quarter of government spending, a little under half of all federal employees (about 800,000), and some significant agencies, such as the IRS and Homeland Security. In departments without current funding, about 425,000 employees are required to report to work without pay.

Our beloved president said to Schumer that he will take the blame foe the shutdown.

Shutdown’s economic damage: $1 billion a week

Estimates from President Donald Trump’s chief economist peg the cost to the overall U.S. economy at about $1.2 billion for each week the shutdown persists. While that’s just 0.05 percentage points off the GDP growth rate, it could be among the factors complicating the administration’s aspiration of reaching sustained 3 percent growth.

The shutdown — now in its 19th day — could also cost the U.S. government more than a billion dollars in lost productivity for 350,000 workers who are forced to stay home.

The government will likely give back pay to furloughed workers in addition to those forced to perform their duties without pay during the partial shutdown. The Obama administration estimated that the payroll cost alone for the 16-day government shutdown in October 2013 cost $2.5 billion, not counting lost revenue from government entities like national parks that were unable to collect fees.

Our beloved president said to Schumer that he will take the blame foe the shutdown.
We already had the funding from lost revenues because your side doesn't care about securing the border. Don't give me that BS about how you really want it. Actions speak louder than words. Sanctuary cities, Health Care for illegals, Drivers Licenses to illegals..........says all we need to hear from you.

We already had the funding from lost revenues because your side doesn't care about securing the border. Don't give me that BS about how you really want it. Actions speak louder than words. Sanctuary cities, Health Care for illegals, Drivers Licenses to illegals..........says all we need to hear from you.
I have no side, but your president took the blame.

I have no side, but your president took the blame.
Sure...........and no I don't want that Ocean Front Property in Arizona you are selling..........We should Fence California in and keep the mexicans. LOL

Trumpbots do not give two fucks about what this stunt is going to do to us as a people. At least that bill will mostly land on the republicans for electing and continuing to support such a weak president.

It's time for reasonable democrats to step up and help us wind down the Schumer Shutdown

If the wall is so important why did Trump reject funding for it a year ago?

What is he willing to give in exchange?

If the wall is so important why did Trump reject funding for it a year ago?

What is he willing to give in exchange?
Payments over time......10 years for DACA.......a Trust Fund that they would not allow spent later. LOL

Put the money up front and that deal would already be done......We aren't kicking the Football Lucy.

Forum List

Back