The right-wing platform for dummies

Under Bush, gas was $4.00 a gallon, and there were no restrictions on drilling. So obviously, limiting drilling is not part of the equation, or the reason for the current high prices.

Unless we develop an environmentally acceptable way to process oil from shale, then we are facing a diminishing resource for which the need is increasing dramatically due to growing economies like India and China. There is only one way for the price of oil to go no matter how much we try to suck a few extra barrels out of what is left here in the US. If we are truly serious about long term energy independence, then we will make a concerted effort at moving to other renewable sources of energy.
Correct!

Germany and Japan will show the way, as they have overtaken us as world leaders in innovation of anything that is not trivial.

Germany will close all of their nuclear plants and switch to renewables. Japan has announced a similar plan.

Yea, I just read about that a few days ago and noted it in another thread. Germany in particular is setting itself up to be a leader in renewable technology. Whoever comes up with the technology necessary will have a huge jump on everyone else and it will lead to great economic growth as they will be the ones exporting that technology. Again, we will likely be behind the eight ball with our backward thinking on energy.

Under Bush, gas was $4.00 a gallon, and there were no restrictions on drilling. So obviously, limiting drilling is not part of the equation, or the reason for the current high prices.

It was, however, the Presidents fault.

Why isn't the Presidents fault now?
It's as much Obama's fault as it was Bush's fault - which is very little.

Most of the blame is Congress not changing the law on speculation.

Speculation increases the cost by at least 20%. That means, when you pay $4.00, you should really be paying $3.20.

Do you really want to give $0.80 to Wall Street speculators for every gallon you pump?

Where is the outrage about this from the Right, and from Rightwing media?

The same media who will endlessly complain over a few cents of gas tax?

Just curious, what is the Government cut on a gallon of Gasoline???

By forcing them to bear unwanted children and then cutting off any food stamps to feed them. :thup:

The horror of personal responsibilty.

We are so sorry that we expect people to grow up and become adults some day. But 10,000 y/o habits are hard to break.
What do you expect children to do? They aren't allowed to get jobs. How can they take personal responsibility and provide for themselves?

The ADULT takes responsibilty by not HAVING more kids than they can feed.

There's also these things called "charities" where you can get a hot meal or bags of food.

I know, it's embarassing to go to these places, and it's cruel of us to expect people to go.

But not enough for gummint to be:

FAIL.

And you understand how in basic capitalism that companies pass on their expenses (taxes included) on the customer, correct?

So when you don't have much money, and the little money you can spend is on things that have been taxed multiple times, you understand that's a big deal, right?
Break down how a box of pasta in the supermarket has been taxed multiple times.

Thanks.

The taxes the company pays to make them are passed on through the cost of the product, the product has to be shipped and those doing the shipping pay taxes levied on their company and they pay huge gas taxes in which they pass those costs onto the company that buys it from them, the final company who has the said product is taxed as well so they raise the price they put it on the shelf for in order to make up for those costs.

And that's just a basic breakdown, I'm sure if I took more than 20 seconds to type this out I could think of plenty more.

Poor people suck and are to blame for everything that you might think is wrong with this country. So let's make them even poorer.
By forcing them to bear unwanted children and then cutting off any food stamps to feed them.

:thup:

who forces who to bear unwanted children? you don't want children? stop fucking around. it's just that simple. or don't you dummies think you have responsibility for any damn thing?? what a bunch or maroons.
Don't want emphysema? Shouldn't have been smoking all those years.

Don't want cancer? Should have moved away from that chemical plant.

Don't want to be confined to a wheelchair? Should have moved away from all that traffic - too many accidents.

Didn't want your house destroyed? Shouldn't have lived in a tornado zone.

Speculation increases the cost by at least 20%. That means, when you pay $4.00, you should really be paying $3.20.

Do you really want to give $0.80 to Wall Street speculators for every gallon you pump? link please

This story has been covered on FOX and FBN. Stossel does it twice a month.

oil makes $.08 in profit per gallon
Fed gets ~$.82[?] per gallon

Printing money to the point my dollar doesn't go as far.

Blaming Bush for high gas prices then blaming speculators, while not addressing the fact that we have limited drilling in our own country.

The working poor either get all thier taxes back or turn a small profit come tax time.

No restrictions on drilling??? Where do you come up with this???
The argument is that Obama's moratorium on drilling has caused $4.00 gas.

If you would also like to call bullshit on that fake meme, I applaud you.

Poor people don't buy much, and food is not taxed. Try again?

Since when is food not taxed?

do you even have the most basic idea of how much our food goes through from seed to diner plate?

Well, if you are always eating in diners, then you will pay taxes. Because it's prepared.

Let me explain something to you:

Prepared food: taxed.
Groceries: NOT taxed.

McDonald's: taxed.
Ground Beef and buns from the supermarket: NOT taxed.

typo slam? petty

But thanks for the post, it proves you have no fucking clue about the cost of food production.

Please don't discuss it futher since you are running on assumption only.

Unless we develop an environmentally acceptable way to process oil from shale, then we are facing a diminishing resource for which the need is increasing dramatically due to growing economies like India and China. There is only one way for the price of oil to go no matter how much we try to suck a few extra barrels out of what is left here in the US. If we are truly serious about long term energy independence, then we will make a concerted effort at moving to other renewable sources of energy.
Correct!

Germany and Japan will show the way, as they have overtaken us as world leaders in innovation of anything that is not trivial.

Germany will close all of their nuclear plants and switch to renewables. Japan has announced a similar plan.

Yea, I just read about that a few days ago and noted it in another thread. Germany in particular is setting itself up to be a leader in renewable technology. Whoever comes up with the technology necessary will have a huge jump on everyone else and it will lead to great economic growth as they will be the ones exporting that technology. Again, we will likely be behind the eight ball with our backward thinking on energy.
It's not as much our backward thinking, as our backward, gridlocked politics.

Do you really want to give $0.80 to Wall Street speculators for every gallon you pump?

I don't know. But I do know that it goes to highway funding, which creates jobs across the country.

What does speculation go to, for the benefit of America?

I don't know. But I do know that it goes to highway funding, which creates jobs across the country.

What does speculation go to, for the benefit of America?

Ever hear of income tax?

And you understand how in basic capitalism that companies pass on their expenses (taxes included) on the customer, correct?

So when you don't have much money, and the little money you can spend is on things that have been taxed multiple times, you understand that's a big deal, right?

Thanks.

The taxes the company pays to make them are passed on through the cost of the product, the product has to be shipped and those doing the shipping pay taxes levied on their company and they pay huge gas taxes in which they pass those costs onto the company that buys it from them, the final company who has the said product is taxed as well so they raise the price they put it on the shelf for in order to make up for those costs.

And that's just a basic breakdown, I'm sure if I took more than 20 seconds to type this out I could think of plenty more.

What taxes to make them???

What you are describing is basic business cost. You have to buy your supplies, manufacturing, then ship to stores. Of course you will pay gas taxes for the delivery truck, but that's not what we are really discussing in this thread.

The argument was that we are taxing poor people to pay for "out of control" government spending.

Which is another false meme. Our spending is not out of control, and a lot of it is paying interest on our huge debt.

Poor people suck and are to blame for everything that you might think is wrong with this country. So let's make them even poorer.

Nice! You win today's troll post award. :thup:

Golden-Internet-Troll-Award.jpg

Thanks.

What taxes to make them???

What you are describing is basic business cost. You have to buy your supplies, manufacturing, then ship to stores. Of course you will pay gas taxes for the delivery truck, but that's not what we are really discussing in this thread.

The argument was that we are taxing poor people to pay for "out of control" government spending.

Which is another false meme. Our spending is not out of control, and a lot of it is paying interest on our huge debt.

The taxes on the company originally making the pasta.

I'm describing a basic business cost that is increased by all the taxes along the way, it's pretty much common sense I don't know any other way of saying it.

And yes our spending is out of control but don't worry I'm not just attacking your heros, republicans do it to the exact same degree and all 26 years I've been on the planet our government has been spending out of control.

This opinion coming from someone who thought "hope/change" was a profound message. You are still hoping things get better and counting the change in your pockets.

By forcing them to bear unwanted children and then cutting off any food stamps to feed them.

:thup:

who forces who to bear unwanted children? you don't want children? stop fucking around. it's just that simple. or don't you dummies think you have responsibility for any damn thing?? what a bunch or maroons.
Don't want emphysema? Shouldn't have been smoking all those years.

Don't want cancer? Should have moved away from that chemical plant.

Don't want to be confined to a wheelchair? Should have moved away from all that traffic - too many accidents.

Didn't want your house destroyed? Shouldn't have lived in a tornado zone.

poor little weenie.

90% of the country's problems, according to a lot of the conservatives I hear around here and locally at home, are lazy welfare cheats - i.e. poor people.

The original poster isn't too far off the mark. Just sayin'.

No.. try an overreaching and ever expanding government spending like a drunken sailor on his first shore leave in 2 years

Nahhh. Lots of conservatives veil their racism by pointing to the poor and making them all the scapegoat. I hear it every day.

Right wingers don't hate poor people. In fact, we'd like to integrate them into regular society.

Forum List

Back