The Republican Party....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KGB, Nov 5, 2008.

1. KGB

KGB VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +261
    As I figured, this election will be a cleansing fire that will clear out the deadwood that has brought the GOP to this point in time.....hopefully, the Party will abandon this neo con BS & go back to our roots......all in all, this should help focus the Party moving forward.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    A return to conservatism, pro-civil liberties, anti-war, no policing the world, is exactly what the Republican Party needs now.

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,361
    Just be careful with the term "anti-war".

Otherwise, I hope Obama handing McCain his ass is what it takes to get the party back to true conservatism.

I doubt it, but I'm holding out hope. If Obama's policies work, however, we may never see conservatism get a place in government again.

I almost think this was conservatism's last chance, and rank and file republicans ruined it for the party by picking McCain.

Ron Paul was the only one who could have matched up against Obama. He could have gotten the independents that would have been too afraid to go that far left with their votes otherwise. There's no way Paul could have been compared to Bush like McCain was, and that would have helped get him the center vote.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    If it wasn't for the time we are living in, I woul dhave been fine with an Obama victory. McCain was not the face of the republican party or conservatism.

Chances are he might have ruined the party if elected however with the events ont he horizon,

2-3 Supreme Court Justices
    Econonmic Criss
    Global War possiblity

It is very dangerous to have the most liberal person running the country. One can only hope that he will not follow what he has done in the past and make a new path and move towards the center and not be the rubber stamp that pelosi and reid think he will be.

Jindal in 2012

5. KGB

KGB VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +261
    I would use the term "careful war planning" instead....I agree with the no policing of the world.....

6. heretic

heretic An Individual

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Obama can only server two terms, congress tends to get complacent and more concerned with reelection, so there will always be a chance for pendulum to swing back.

7. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    A new party should replace the Republicans. Hell, i believe two new parties should replace the old. Real change = parties other than the monopoly of R and D.

8. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,411
    You know.....I agree........

Let whoever wants announce their candidacy on Nov 04, the year prior to the elections. If they have enough money, support, etc....let them keep running, no matter what party is supporting them.

On election day, the person who has the most votes out of the whole pack is president. The person with the second most votes is VP.

Cut out a lot of the riff-raff that way.

9. Jennifer.Bush

Jennifer.Bush Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'n A Independent, But I Lean Rep And I Must Say Whoever Voted For Mccain In The Primaries Should Be Banned From Voting In Another Gop Primary

10. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Wow, it's almost like you read that someplace. Oh yeah, I remember it's in the Constitution.