Congratulations President Obama

dgirl77024

Rookie
Oct 31, 2008
Nope, no sour grapes here. I figure I wouldn't have been much happier if McCain had won because I have never felt either party did their best to give us candidates we could really root for, but the people have spoken and I'm fine with that.

Now is the time to put all the bickering aside and pull together because we are going to need every ounce of strength we can muster from here on out.

I hope I have been wrong about Obama. I really mean that, because if I was right, this is going to be a very dark chapter in American history. A very dark chapter indeed.

Let us all hope President Obama is the great man he tells us he is, the leader he assures us he can be and the hope eveyone has been praying for for so long.

I'm not going to start in tomorrow morning knocking the man. I will give him my support and my hopes and my good wishes, just like I did George Bush, until he let me down.

Lets all try to move forward now, bind our wounds, forgive our enemies and hope for a better tomorrow.

Excerpt:

Hamas praises Obama win as 'historic victory for world'

Terrorists drafting letter of congrats to be sent directly to president-elect

November 05, 2008

JERUSALEM – The Hamas terrorist group believes the election of Sen. Barack Obama is an "historic victory" for the world and an opportunity to change U.S. foreign policy toward engagement with America's foes, Ahmed Yousef, Hamas' chief political adviser in the Gaza Strip, told WND in an exclusive interview today.

Yousef, speaking by cell phone from Gaza, said Hamas is drafting a letter of congratulation to be sent tomorrow directly to Obama. He said the current draft of the letter praises the president-elect as "another John F. Kennedy, or great Roosevelt."

"We want to be one of the first to congratulate him," Yousef said.

Yousef told WND he believes an Obama administration will be more willing to engage in dialogue with Hamas.

"I praised him six months ago, some people tried to use that against him. But I knew he would win. Like everyone else, we expected this important victory," he said.

Yousef was referring to an interview he gave to WND and WABC Radio in April in which he praised Obama and then found his comments had fueled a firestorm of accusations in the presidential campaign.

"We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the election," Yousef told WND at the time.

Hamas is responsible for scores of suicide bombings, rocket attacks, shootings and cross-border raids. Its official charter calls for the murder of Jews and destruction of Israel. Just today, Hamas members took responsibility for launching dozens of rockets from Gaza aimed at Jewish civilian population centers.

Source:

WorldNetDaily
WorldNetDaily - A Free Press for a Free People

Last edited:
Maybe Obama will start putting restrictions on Israel and their systematic ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians. The Israeli's are the terrorists over there, NOT the PLO

Forum List

Back