The REAL job creators...........

Investments. hmm
Investors buy and sell stocks.
The company issuing stocks gets money for the initial sale of the stock share. After thay they get squat from the trading. How is that investing in the company?

Do you people really think that it's the top 1 percent that actually creates jobs?

Unfortunately.. that's the narrative touted by so many politicians and I continue to be amazed how it goes unchallenged.

the line touted by the corporatist programmers. It goes right along with the mentality that if the market does well so does America.

How many 'corporatist' products, goods and services did you just employ to get that message from your 'puter to the interweb for us all to see?

You've seen the enemy. The enemy is you.

And here's his talk......................

A TED Talk on Income Inequality by Nick Hanauer - YouTube

He actually makes a lot of sense, because it's not really the venture capitalists who create jobs, it's the demand set up by the middle class for a product that causes someone else to see the need, THEN go to someone for money to start up a business, and the business will succeed if the demand for the product from the general population is sufficient to generate a profit.

So, if you want to know who the real job creators are, it's us as the middle class consumers, not the venture capitalists, because all they do is sit on their money and draw off the interest.

The only job you can do is a blow job of the Left. As many times as it has been explained on this site that consumer demand does not create jobs you are still playing that tired old song.
SOme people never learn.

You're an idiot. I know, that's an ad hominem attack and I really ought to attack your message. But, it's not your message, you're simply a parrot echoing right wing propaganda. So, I iterate once again, you're an idiot (and a known liar).

You're one of those people who never learns.

Investments. hmm
Investors buy and sell stocks.
The company issuing stocks gets money for the initial sale of the stock share. After thay they get squat from the trading. How is that investing in the company?

You don't know much about financial markets, do you?

Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg & other job creators did their best work before they became the top 1%. Real job performance falls when people become super rich.

Last edited:
Talking point lie #226. The right says that the top 1% create all jobs...

The truth.

Small business creates the bulk of the jobs in the United States. These small businesses get loans for their businesses which provide capital for them to operate. This capital comes from larger corporations and banks that have made good investment choices.

The top 1% are heavily invested in those corporations AND small businesses.

Any thinking liberals here in this thread? Care to make the connections?

I will stipulate that small business secures loans from banks and the Federal Government (Small business Administration). You need to provide evidence that small business secures as many loans from corporations.

We know banks loan money to small business deposited by their customers; I doubt the 1% puts millions of dollars into bank accounts - working stiffs do. 1% ers are diversified, they invest in precious metals, property - here and abroad - art and in stocks and bonds of companies here and around the world.

In short, your conclusion is supported by your opinions, not by facts.

Why don't Liberals move to countries that also hate their 1% like Cuba or North Korea?

The truth.

Small business creates the bulk of the jobs in the United States. These small businesses get loans for their businesses which provide capital for them to operate. This capital comes from larger corporations and banks that have made good investment choices.

I will stipulate that small business secures loans from banks and the Federal Government (Small business Administration). You need to provide evidence that small business secures as many loans from corporations.

We know banks loan money to small business deposited by their customers; I doubt the 1% puts millions of dollars into bank accounts - working stiffs do. 1% ers are diversified, they invest in precious metals, property - here and abroad - art and in stocks and bonds of companies here and around the world.

Did you just argue that the gubmint is the source for real capital in America?

I'm always surprised that people don't understand this is not mutually exclusive. Of course consumer demand drives job creation. That's not an issue. The problem is excluding supply, because without supply, there is no demand. What was the demand for iPads 20 years ago, for example? What was the demand for Lipitor 40 years ago? Those products didn't exist. They exist today because somebody conceived those products, developed, commercialized and brought those products to market so consumers could demand them. Even something as ubiquitous as food and clothing is available much cheaper today than it was 100, 50 even 20 years ago, because corporations found a way to get it to market cheaper and faster than in the past.

The two are mutually exclusive. I wish people would stop talking like they are. Supply is just as critical as demand.

If it's not demand for a product that a company makes that creates jobs, what is it then Trajan?

its a wish dopey. I can scream for ice cream all day and night, but if that guy cannot keep a farm solvent, buy the machinery necessary, pay the trucking, marketing, distribution costs from the git go, which he in all likely hood did with a loan, I can scream till the cows come home, no pun intended, my demand will remain unfulfilled.

Unfortunately.. that's the narrative touted by so many politicians and I continue to be amazed how it goes unchallenged.

the line touted by the corporatist programmers. It goes right along with the mentality that if the market does well so does America.

How many 'corporatist' products, goods and services did you just employ to get that message from your 'puter to the interweb for us all to see?

That is perhaps the smartest post I have ever seen you make.
The pity is that you do not have a clue as to why it is smart.

That is perhaps the smartest post I have ever seen you make.

I have made far brighter posts.

You just aren't able to recognize them.

I'm always surprised that people don't understand this is not mutually exclusive. Of course consumer demand drives job creation. That's not an issue. The problem is excluding supply, because without supply, there is no demand. What was the demand for iPads 20 years ago, for example? What was the demand for Lipitor 40 years ago? Those products didn't exist. They exist today because somebody conceived those products, developed, commercialized and brought those products to market so consumers could demand them. Even something as ubiquitous as food and clothing is available much cheaper today than it was 100, 50 even 20 years ago, because corporations found a way to get it to market cheaper and faster than in the past.

The two are mutually exclusive. I wish people would stop talking like they are. Supply is just as critical as demand.

Lack of supply = Bush's fault

The truth.

Not surprising, you would be incorrect.

Small businesses secure loans from banks, but banks make loans from deposits on customers PLUS.....PLUS!! The deposits of large corporations. The SBA gets it money from the government, but play a minor role in the free market compared to the rest of the market.

So, large businesses have to keep their money somewhere, and that is usually banks. It is where they get their working capital. As any first year college student can tell you, the working capital is idle much of the time, and that money is put to good use by banks in profits from interest generated from loans on the deposits in the banks.

You getting the idea this is a circle yet?

Those deposits come from investments, profits and some of the 1%'ers.

So, the deposits fund the loans, the loans fund the small business and the small business provides the jobs. The jobs provide the the money that drives the business......and we go turn in turn...

Still want some links to something that is so basic its like saying you want a link to the fact that yellow hair is called blonde.

Their slogan is “ideas worth spreading.” But the folks at TED – the Technology Entertainment and Design nonprofit behind the TED Talks, beloved by geeks and others interested in novel new ideas – evidently think that some ideas are better left unspread. At least when the ideas in question challenge the conventional wisdom that rich enterpreneurs are the number one job creators.

This past March, millionaire tech investor and entrepreneur Nick Hanauer – one of the early backers of Amazon.com – gave a talk at a TED conference in which, among other things, suggested that middle-class consumers, not rich people, are the real job creators – and that because of this rich people should be paying more in taxes. Though the talk drew applause from conference attendees at the time, TED Talk curator Chris Anderson decided it wasn’t worth sharing with the wider world, and refused to post it on TED’s website.

His explanation? The talk was “too political” to be posted during an election year, and that “a lot of business managers and entrepreneurs would feel insulted” by some of Hanauer’s arguments. This seems more than a tad disingenuous, since TED generally doesn’t shy away from controversial ideas, and is sometimes so “political” that it invites actual politicians to talk at its conferences.

Read more: Was Nick Hanauer’s TED Talk on Income Inequality Too Rich for Rich People? | Business | TIME.com

And here's his talk......................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIhOXCgSunc]A TED Talk on Income Inequality by Nick Hanauer - YouTube[/ame]

He actually makes a lot of sense, because it's not really the venture capitalists who create jobs, it's the demand set up by the middle class for a product that causes someone else to see the need.

It's Both. The 2 are mutually Dependent.

Forum List

Back