The Prophesy Thread

My diety doesn't do prophecy.

He gave me a brain and a lot of imperfect knowledge and expects me to do the best I can given what I've got to work with.

Fortunately for me, my diety has rather low expectations for we merel humans and is rather forgiving of our many errors and transgressions.

We are told to seek the ability to prophesy, however, that be whatever whomever wishes to make of it, is psychologically entrancing and philosophically challenging... Quite the addictive mixture for my addled brain!

If your preferred Deity has given you any kind of insights... post them here.

Mine told me that things on Earth will be noticeably better in 5 years. More peaceful.

And I believe Her.

Then She said the 5 after that will totally rock.... and not to be jealous of youth. She really knows me! :eek:

Myn said to tell your doctor to cut back on the happy pills. :lol:

Also; Anyone that mentions the end of the world after 1/1/2013 will get hit by a meteor while bending over to tie thier shoes.

Last edited:

Mine told me that things on Earth will be noticeably better in 5 years. More peaceful.

And I believe Her.

Then She said the 5 after that will totally rock.... and not to be jealous of youth. She really knows me! :eek:

My said to tell your doctor to cut back on the happy pills. :lol:

Also; Anyone that mentions the end of the world after 1/1/2013 will get hit by a meteor while bending over to tie thier shoes.

:lol: people (myself included) that habitually misspell basic words--forgetting grammar laws are at fault for their own demise, perhaps

I am one that can have a dream and it will come to light down the road. Last week I dreamt about a red wolf approaching me. He had an injured foot, and as I bent down to look at it, my dream was over.
2 days later my dog's back legs gave out from her hip dysplacia.
2 nights ago I dreamt my old boss came into the office wearing a black wind jacket and smiling.........yes he did come in today.
I have always been spiritual, and it seems the older I get, the more "intuned" I am with my body, mind, and soul.

You want insight?

Repent, before you destroy yourselves.

I talked to God about your post, A4. I asked Her what it was that humanity needed to repent of or face self destruction. I asked if war was the answer and there was silence. I asked if abortion was the answer and there was silence. I asked about the worlds ills one by one and when I finally shut the fuck up and let Her speak She gave to me a one word answer.

"Greed."

She then mentioned in rebuke that She thought it was cool that gas was getting up to $4 & $5 per gallon 'cause the sooner it levels off at $7.50 the sooner her children will evolve on to something cleaner. That was educational.

Approximately 2000 years ago our Lord Jesus Christ spoke of what will happen in the world. He doesn't say specifically when, but He gives clues of what will happen. ( I.E. - The Gospel will be preached to all nations, the love of many will wax cold because of sin) And as written, His Word will never pass away.

Matthew 24

<snip>

From books written hundreds of years before He was born, came in the flesh, lived on the earth, was crucified on the Cross, and rose again.

Messiah Revealed

I've read LOTS of ancient prophecies, some more interesting than others... some more ancient than others. What I want to know is what your God is telling you, right now, this year, this week, this moment.

Last edited:
The writers of the gospels also knew the prophecies. How do we know they didn't write the story to fit prophecy? Saw an interesting show on the History Channel that said there was another Bethlehem in Galilee, a much more likely place for Joseph's family to have been from than the one in Judea. Of course, to say he came from that Bethlehem meant he wasn't The One who would be born in the City of David! :eek:

Two gold stars and a cookie to the heathen in the front row. Red letter edition.

The writers of the gospels also knew the prophecies. How do we know they didn't write the story to fit prophecy? Saw an interesting show on the History Channel that said there was another Bethlehem in Galilee, a much more likely place for Joseph's family to have been from than the one in Judea. Of course, to say he came from that Bethlehem meant he wasn't The One who would be born in the City of David! :eek:

Basically the same reply I gave USCitizen. How do you know? Yes great question. How do we find out anything? We study, research, go to the source. In this case, the source is Jesus Christ Himself.

I realize that someone who says they don't believe in God may find it ridiculous to ask/pray to God for the truth when they don't want to believe in Him. But that's what it's going to take. You and Him and what He reveals. Yes there are people along the way to help encourage, but overall any understanding of Him will come from Him.

It's taking that mustard seed of possible faith someone may have and seeking Him directly. And to not lean on our "own" understanding, for if there is a God, surely we cannot fathom all His Greatness, aye? I say if, but I know. But for your sake I say if. So if there is a God, would He not know what you need to have a relationship with Him? Would He not know the depths of your heart and if you are just going to mock Him and doubt Him? The whole point is believing in Him, and that is again, so personal, so intimate, it'll only be between you and Him.

A couple verses...

Deut 4:28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Job 38 - Passage*Lookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Why were the gospel stories written? Politics.

Here you have a Community Organizing kind of people, who SO fucking badly wanted Jesus to be the foretold of Superman who'd toss Rome out on its collective ass, writing the story of a political career that ended in death and they're committing it to paper several years after the events and only after they were able to kick off a "movement" just by word of mouth in a region and time ripe for political change.

I think we can assume that embellishments were taken.

Money and politics. Any honest person will tell you that money and politics drive human behavior. Always has, always will... that's why 'government' is a successful concept in spite of itself.

And I believe Her.

I had a vision. Here it is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN1SyaSdCeM]YouTube - Knowing - End of the World {Better Quality}[/ame]

:eek: I need a hug!

I am one that can have a dream and it will come to light down the road. Last week I dreamt about a red wolf approaching me. He had an injured foot, and as I bent down to look at it, my dream was over.
2 days later my dog's back legs gave out from her hip dysplacia.
2 nights ago I dreamt my old boss came into the office wearing a black wind jacket and smiling.........yes he did come in today.
I have always been spiritual, and it seems the older I get, the more "intuned" I am with my body, mind, and soul.

W:cool:w! Keep us posted! Especially if you dream about any stocks traded on a major exchange or Lotto numbers.

:eusa_think: Pause before 'submit'...
No, I probably wouldn't share Inspired Lotto Numbers either.​

Just shy of half-way there and I'll have to admit it's getting better. :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk0dBZ1meio]Getting Better- The Beatles - YouTube[/ame]

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

You know, I don't think one needs to believe in God or the Bible (which is where that warning comes from: Mark 7:15) to realize that's BLESSEDLY good advice.

You want insight?

Repent, before you destroy yourselves.

I talked to God about your post, A4. I asked Her what it was that humanity needed to repent of or face self destruction. I asked if war was the answer and there was silence. I asked if abortion was the answer and there was silence. I asked about the worlds ills one by one and when I finally shut the fuck up and let Her speak She gave to me a one word answer.

"Greed."

She then mentioned in rebuke that She thought it was cool that gas was getting up to $4 & $5 per gallon 'cause the sooner it levels off at $7.50 the sooner her children will evolve on to something cleaner. That was educational.

I see... the environment has taken on as much importance with your god as the salvation of a soul.

Say no more... you have been deceived.

I might also mention, I see you are all excited about 10 more years of comfort and safety? Wow... you don't ask for much, do you?

Forum List

Back