The Prophesy Thread

The writers of the gospels also knew the prophecies. How do we know they didn't write the story to fit prophecy? Saw an interesting show on the History Channel that said there was another Bethlehem in Galilee, a much more likely place for Joseph's family to have been from than the one in Judea. Of course, to say he came from that Bethlehem meant he wasn't The One who would be born in the City of David! :eek:

The disciples, knowing prophecy, couldn't make it come to pass, they could only record it when it did.
The History channel speculates. The Bible doesn't. Christ was born in Bethlehem, and yet was called a Nazarene. Prophesy.

As far as hindsight, the Bible told us when Israel would become a nation. Two thousand years later there's Israel. Prophecy is foresight, not hindsight. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
The writers of the gospels also knew the prophecies. How do we know they didn't write the story to fit prophecy? Saw an interesting show on the History Channel that said there was another Bethlehem in Galilee, a much more likely place for Joseph's family to have been from than the one in Judea. Of course, to say he came from that Bethlehem meant he wasn't The One who would be born in the City of David! :eek:

The disciples, knowing prophecy, couldn't make it come to pass, they could only record it when it did.
The History channel speculates. The Bible doesn't. Christ was born in Bethlehem, and yet was called a Nazarene. Prophesy.

As far as hindsight, the Bible told us when Israel would become a nation. Two thousand years later there's Israel. Prophecy is foresight, not hindsight. :eusa_angel:

Jesus was born in Bethlehem fulfilling the prophecy in Micah 5:2 then his family fled to Egypt to avoid the killing of infants by Herod the Great thus fulfilling the prophecy in Hosea 11:1. Because Herod's son also had a bad reputation they decided to return to their previous residence in Nazareth.

Mathew 2:23 points out that this move fulfilled prophecies. But notice that Matthew is not quoting one particular prophet, he is giving a general summary of what multiple prophets have said. The name Nazareth might be derived from the Hebrew word for “branch.” There are numerous prophecies concerning the Messiah being called the Branch, such as Isaiah 11:1. The best case, however, is that the region of Galilee had a poor reputation (John 7:52) and the town of Nazareth had an even poorer reputation (John 1:46). The Hebrew word netzer, from which Nazareth is derived, refers to the small twigs that are worthless (Isaiah 14:19; John 15:21). Such was deemed an appropriate name for a small village of little use. There are several prophecies dealing with people despising the Messiah, such as Isaiah 53:2-3 and Psalms 22:6. The Messiah's coming from a despised area was foretold in Isaiah 9:1-2. It is possible that Matthew is stating that by coming from Nazareth the foundations for Jesus’ eventual rejection were being laid.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem but was raised in Nazareth.

That's right. There are usually levels to a prophesy. And Christ's rejection is all through the Old Testament.
Look at your sig. line. The only way to be a Texan is to be born a Texan. If I were born in Texas, and grew up in Ohio, I would still be considered a Texan through birthright.
Odd that Jesus wasn't considered a Bethlehemian even though he grew up elsewhere.
Prophecy leans to the uncommon to reveal the source.

Like more rain for Israel. To fulfill, becoming fruitful. With fruit. Oranges....

When Samuel Clemens was there in the 1800's he was disappointed to find a barren wasteland and 1 nomad. You can't miss it now. A virtual oasis in a seas of brown sand.
Prophesy before the fact. No hindsight.

Prophecy: Old Testament: Zechariah 8:12 (Written: between 520 - 518 BC)
"The seed will grow well, the vine will yield its fruit, the ground will produce its crops, and the heavens will drop their dew. I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people."
Unusual, foretold, fulfilled.

So... Plenty of knowledge of ancient prophecy - Kudos.

Any personal insights from your God for the here and now?

Jesus was born in Bethlehem fulfilling the prophecy in Micah 5:2 then his family fled to Egypt to avoid the killing of infants by Herod the Great thus fulfilling the prophecy in Hosea 11:1. Because Herod's son also had a bad reputation they decided to return to their previous residence in Nazareth.

Mathew 2:23 points out that this move fulfilled prophecies. But notice that Matthew is not quoting one particular prophet, he is giving a general summary of what multiple prophets have said. The name Nazareth might be derived from the Hebrew word for “branch.” There are numerous prophecies concerning the Messiah being called the Branch, such as Isaiah 11:1. The best case, however, is that the region of Galilee had a poor reputation (John 7:52) and the town of Nazareth had an even poorer reputation (John 1:46). The Hebrew word netzer, from which Nazareth is derived, refers to the small twigs that are worthless (Isaiah 14:19; John 15:21). Such was deemed an appropriate name for a small village of little use. There are several prophecies dealing with people despising the Messiah, such as Isaiah 53:2-3 and Psalms 22:6. The Messiah's coming from a despised area was foretold in Isaiah 9:1-2. It is possible that Matthew is stating that by coming from Nazareth the foundations for Jesus’ eventual rejection were being laid.

I'd really prefer this thread to be a place to talk about what your preferred Deity is telling you NOW. Even a modern application of a concept from one of the ancient stories would be preferable to yet another discussion of the validity of the ancient stories themselves.

What has your God told you today? :dunno:

That's right. There are usually levels to a prophesy. And Christ's rejection is all through the Old Testament.
Look at your sig. line. The only way to be a Texan is to be born a Texan. If I were born in Texas, and grew up in Ohio, I would still be considered a Texan through birthright.
Odd that Jesus wasn't considered a Bethlehemian even though he grew up elsewhere.

Like more rain for Israel. To fulfill, becoming fruitful. With fruit. Oranges....

When Samuel Clemens was there in the 1800's he was disappointed to find a barren wasteland and 1 nomad. You can't miss it now. A virtual oasis in a seas of brown sand.

"The seed will grow well, the vine will yield its fruit, the ground will produce its crops, and the heavens will drop their dew. I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people."

About the Texan thing, it's really a personal choice on how you wish to define where you are from. My sig line is directed toward Yankees who come to Texas and proclaim themselves to be Texans, like the Bush's both father and son claim to be Texans though neither were born here. If you were born in Texan and now reside in Ohio you are an Ohioan.

You're taking Zechariah 8:12 literally to mean the growing of fruit when it's a metaphor about restoration.

I'd really prefer this thread to be a place to talk about what your preferred Deity is telling you NOW. Even a modern application of a concept from one of the ancient stories would be preferable to yet another discussion of the validity of the ancient stories themselves.

What has your God told you today? :dunno:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

About the Texan thing, it's really a personal choice on how you wish to define where you are from. My sig line is directed toward Yankees who come to Texas and proclaim themselves to be Texans, like the Bush's both father and son claim to be Texans though neither were born here. If you were born in Texan and now reside in Ohio you are an Ohioan.

You're taking Zechariah 8:12 literally to mean the growing of fruit when it's a metaphor about restoration.

It wasn't the rain alone that made the vine yield its fruit and the ground to produce its crops because it never stopped raining over there - just stopped producing when the Jews left. When the Jews returned and put their own hands to that ground? That was when it produced fruit the size of basketballs.. (according to one of my fav comedians ) I love that description.

I am told that Israel produces the most magnificent tulips on earth. Now formerly I had thought it would be Holland but when G-d is in something? Expect the very best. - Jeri

Last edited:
I haven't been told anything, I'm sad to say. I guess trees and animal totems don't know yet either. But once they do, I'm sure they will whisper in my ear. Or drown me. Or shake me to death. Or a comet will land on me. Should be message enough, eh? lol

Actually, nature is screaming in agony.

They know. We know. We just choose to pretend we don't.

...You're taking Zechariah 8:12 literally to mean the growing of fruit when it's a metaphor about restoration...

Between the various interpretations and the constant translations by people who all had an axe to grind, the Christian bible is pretty meaningless.

Wouldn't it be fascinating to know what it originally said?

Probably not. And, its doubtful that anyone would really care because we ALL see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear.

...You're taking Zechariah 8:12 literally to mean the growing of fruit when it's a metaphor about restoration...

Between the various interpretations and the constant translations by people who all had an axe to grind, the Christian bible is pretty meaningless.

Probably not. And, its doubtful that anyone would really care because we ALL see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear.

It's meaningless to those that do not understand it.

If your preferred Deity has given you any kind of insights... post them here.

Mine told me that things on Earth will be noticeably better in 5 years. More peaceful.

And I believe Her.

Then She said the 5 after that will totally rock.... and not to be jealous of youth. She really knows me! :eek:

In Revelation ( last book of bible ) you'll find the warning not to take mark of the beast. We are warned in that prophesy that there will come a time upon the earth when all the people on the earth will be required to take a mark in their hand or forehead.

If they refuse to take this mark they will not be able to buy, sell or trade. In other words, you won't be able to eat, you won't be allowed to work at a job to make money to be able to eat or trade to get something to eat. Think about that for a moment.

Henry Kissinger has already gone before Bilderberg and is on record stating every man, woman, and child should have the RFID chip implanted in them by 2017.

The RFID chip ( radio frequency identification chip ) has gps feature to track you, enough room in a chip the size of a grain of rice to store all information about you including your medical records, criminal history, banking records, everything about you.

Another technology that links up to it - Project Bluebeam - holograms - tests have proven they can make the hologram speak in your specific language and you'll believe God is speaking to you ( inside your mind!! ) . They have already tested it in NYC and the experiments were a success. They can implant thoughts into your mind that didn't originate with you as well. What a perfect deception for Globalists to pull off! Incredible!

According to Serge Monast who was assassinated after publicizing the truth about Project blue beam - this technology when used with Project blue beam can actually heal people of paralysis, diseases, the capacity to alter the state of the human body are beyond anything discovered before.

They won't release this technology now even though it could be saving lives. Instead they will use it to entice people who otherwise might not be willing to take the RFID chip. The goal is to have full control over the peoples minds and with a claim to heal their bodies it is quite a selling point. Wouldn't you say? And you'll never know the difference should you take that chip into your hand or forehead because this technology is so advanced it has the full capacity to brainwash you into believing anything.

I should mention that according to Serge Monast who interviewed scientists on the matter of Project Bluebeam as a weapon. It has the ability to induce a fatal heart attack by using ELF waves. It has ability with lasers to do things that have never been done before. Some of that technology our military is already using. Project Bluebeam was not a failure. It was a total success and they can't wait to use it. Can they use a hologram in the sky to mimic an alien invasion? According to Monast sources? Yes they can. So expect anything and do not buy into it. It is all a lie. About the RFID chip....

How does the RFID chip operate? A lithium battery which was designed to run off your body heat. When you're dead? The battery dies with you. According to the last book of the bible, Revelation, there will be a time of great tribulation upon the earth.

There will come a time when those who have taken the RFID chip will have grievous sores - open wounds on their foreheads or their hands where they had the chip implanted. This is in the bible also! What caused those grievous wounds? Well, according to one scientist who was involved in the design of RFID the battery can explode under the skin if there is an explosion near enough that individual. That is how these grievous wounds will appear on those who took the mark.

If you take a mark ( ANY MARK ) that identifies you as one who can buy, sell or trade you are warned by the LORD that you will not be able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Your salvation will be lost. Only those who endure until the end shall be saved.

To me, this is a very important prophesy because obviously the world will recognize the hour when it comes. They will then make that decision to take the mark with their eyes wide open because Christians had been warning about it long before it happened.

So print this one off and save it. It will serve as a reminder to you when the time comes.

-Jeri

You know what it originally said, Leddley, because the Bible has not changed. The bible is the most preserved, accurate, original document of antiquity on earth today - no other book can claim such accuracy - except Torah of course which is first half of bible. The leading scholars who have studied it all agree. It is the most untouched, unchanged document on earth today. Very good news. - Jeri

I haven't been told anything, I'm sad to say. I guess trees and animal totems don't know yet either. But once they do, I'm sure they will whisper in my ear. Or drown me. Or shake me to death. Or a comet will land on me. Should be message enough, eh? lol

Actually, nature is screaming in agony.

They know. We know. We just choose to pretend we don't.

It is called travailing, Leddley and it is in the bible. The whole earth is in travail until the sons of God are revealed. It is a depiction of a woman in labor - the labor pains grow greater and greater until ...

-J.

Its meaningful to those who need it to be.

Though you may want it to be so, Jeri, hardly one word is as it was originally written.

Its meaningful to those who need it to be.

Though you may want it to be so, Jeri, hardly one word is as it was originally written.

I beg to differ. I say Let the Word of God be true and every man ( who denies it ) be exposed as a liar.

So let's get on with it.

There are more than 5,300 known Greek manuscripts of the New Testament. Add over 10,000 Latin Vulgate and at least 9,300 other early versions ( MSS ) and we have more than 24,000 manuscript copies of portions of the New Testament in existence today. No other document of antiquity even begins to approach such numbers and testimony. In comparison, Iliad by Homer is second with only 643 manuscripts that still survive. The first complete preserved text of Homer dates from the 13th century.

Here is a partial list of scholars who all agree the number of available MSS of the New Testament is overwhelmingly greater than those of any other work of ancient literature. The following scholars agree J. Harold Greenlee, F.J. A Hort, Sir Frederic G. Kenyon, John Warwick Montgomery, F.F. Bruce, Bruce Metzger... as to textual variations - Textual variations do not endanger the doctrine is emphatically stated by Sir Francis Kenyon ( one of the greatest authorities in the world in the field of New Testament textual criticism )

I will end with this statement made by those who participated in the study of the authenticity of scripture - preservation - etc. - here:

It cannot be too strongly asserted that in substance the text of the Bible is certain. Especially in this the case with the New Testament. The number of manuscripts in the New Testament, of early translations from it, and of quotations from it in the oldest writers of the Church, is so large that it is certain that the true reading of every doubtful passsage is preserved in some one or other of these ancient authorities. This can be said of no other ancient book in the world.

To bring it into laymans terms for you, Leddley, what they just said was for every word of the bible you read today? We can go back to original manuscripts and prove it out word for word. Variations of translations are insignificant. I'll await your evidence to the contrary and if you don't have it I'll expect a retraction and admission by you that you were mistaken. Thank you in advance.

-Jeri

Last edited:

Forum List

Back