Zone1 Worshipping Mary

I am creating this thread for those who question whether or not it is consistent with God's will that people pray to and venerate Mary, the biological mother of Jesus on Earth.

Exodus 20:3-5 KJV
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Worshipping and venerating Mary is contrary to what God told us.

View attachment 873946
I am not Catholic and have never been but my understanding of saying the Rosary includes sections of of "Hail Marys" which is offered for an increase in faith, hope, and charity and a "Pray for us oh Holy Mother of God. . . It is taught in the belief that Mary can intercede for us to bring us closer to Christ.

I suppose that does constitute praying to Mary in a sense but I have never seen it as elevating Mary to status of Christ/God. Many Protestants erroneously reject the "Hail" part of "Hail Mary" as elevating her to just that status but I think they err. The Angel Gabriel himself greeted Mary with "Hail Mary". In Roman Empire times "Hail Caesar" meant 'be well Caesar" and the American tradition is to play the march "Hail to the Chief" in the presence of the President of the United State with the 'hail' translated much in the same way.

It takes a devout Catholic to have the entire rosary committed to memory and to take the time to recite it in its entirety. Even though a human invention, when done in penitent and worshipful manner I cannot see that as a bad thing.

It's not "bearing false witness" to say that you follow the Catholic organization and put its teachings before the teachings of Jesus. That's a FACT. I recommend that you leave the Catholic cult and follow JESUS.
I say it is. We don't worship Mary. You've been told enough times to know better. You are only doing it to please yourself. It's fun for you. Apparently you are miserable and want some company. So you try to make others miserable too. Unfortunately the only one you are harming is yourself.

I am not Catholic and have never been but my understanding of saying the Rosary includes sections of of "Hail Marys" which is offered for an increase in faith, hope, and charity and a "Pray for us oh Holy Mother of God. . . It is taught in the belief that Mary can intercede for us to bring us closer to Christ.
Doesn't matter. It's not from God and some of what is taught about the rosary is CONTRARY to what God told us. The rosary is from the worldly establishment known as the Roman Catholic Church, which is NOT from God.

Why worship the creation over the creator, particularly when we're commanded NOT to do so?

If Satan brought peace to the world, would you say one is a "knot head" to worship him?
You are no prophet, no Father, no Doctor of Religion.

Go on your way,

Doesn't matter. It's not from God and some of what is taught about the rosary is CONTRARY to what God told us. The rosary is from the worldly establishment known as the Roman Catholic Church, which is NOT from God.
Go on your way, unfather.

You are no prophet, no Father, no Doctor of Religion.

Go on your way,
Yea, I called out your illogic and your response is to...

Hiding under bed.jpg

You know I'm making you look like an ass here, right?
Maybe to your fellow Catholic cultists but anyone who discerns the word of God knows that you are a false teacher and a follower of a worldly system that is NOT from God.

I probably did a final edit after your response but I acknowledged the rosary and its recitation is a human invention. But then so is almost everything about the way we do church and follow doctrines these days. I just don't see it as harmful. However, if that or anything else we do including charity, etc. is done to avoid the commandment to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind and love our neighbor as ourselves, it becomes meaningless so far as any benefit to our spiritual well being.

Worshipping and venerating Mary is contrary to what God told us.

liar,

- to the same, you are worshiping the liar moses the content of your post their madeup10 commandments ...

mary was a heavenly exemplar chosen by the heavens as who is worthy with joseph and their indiscretion than jewish tyranny and the true beginning of the 1st century events - the repudiation of judaism - and its untimely conclusion.

Going to hell is a metaphor for the judgment of eternal death.
Metaphor or not, it is not a Catholic teaching. The Catholic Church teaches those Catholicism fails to reach, God may be able to reach. We never count out God and his mercy. No condemnation.

Catholics follow and serve the Catholic organization
Every Catholic priest in every diocese would roll their eyes at this nonsense.

Specifically, what serves the "organization" while ignoring serving God. Second, you must be aware how often Catholics are accused not of "serving" but of "working" their way into heaven. Please, you cannot be that ignorant.

It's not from God and some of what is taught about the rosary is CONTRARY to what God told us.
Marian apparitions in obedience to God and we are asked to do the following:
  • Repentance
  • Penance
  • Pray the rosary
There's your sign...

Forum List

Back