The Problem With Government Unions, TSA Workers

Government unions are another arm of the Democrat Party. Employees can't strike in many cases, there is no need for a union. It is against the law for many of them to strike. So you create a union where Democrats can get rich off of employee wages, do little for the employees themselves, and use pension cash to fund Democrats no matter the issue.

There, I said it out loud. Let's discuss.

I have no idea why the media won't tell the story correctly.
There is absolutely NO logical basis for any union for gubmint employees, since there is no product hence no profits to be shared.

Unions like AFSCME, NEA and AFT should be abolished altogether.

Lives saved? Education provided, etc are not products?
Yep lets pick on those firefighters and police officers that gave their lives during 911 in an effort to save others.
Yep no product at all.

Those unions you support make it more difficult to weed out the firefighters, cops and teachers who have no business being firefighters cops and teachers.

Those unions hold back better qualified people because of racial quotas and political agendas.

Yeah that's the best way to handle education and public safety.

Government unions are another arm of the Democrat Party. Employees can't strike in many cases, there is no need for a union. It is against the law for many of them to strike. So you create a union where Democrats can get rich off of employee wages, do little for the employees themselves, and use pension cash to fund Democrats no matter the issue.

They have been....but on Fox this morning they claimed that private companies were more efficient then the government employees.

I can believe this but I don't think we are any safer. I think the complaint was that the private companies weren't cutting it...so they were taken over for reasons of National Security. Who knows what the truth is.

There is absolutely NO logical basis for any union for gubmint employees, since there is no product hence no profits to be shared.

Unions like AFSCME, NEA and AFT should be abolished altogether.

Yep lets pick on those firefighters and police officers that gave their lives during 911 in an effort to save others.
Yep no product at all.

Those unions you support make it more difficult to weed out the firefighters, cops and teachers who have no business being firefighters cops and teachers.

Those unions hold back better qualified people because of racial quotas and political agendas.

Those political unions rep and dem unions hold back better qualified people because of racial quotas and political agendas.

Fox is just a big union organization. Is your steward Glenn Beck or Rush?

Last edited:
Yep no product at all.

Those political unions rep and dem unions hold back better qualified people because of racial quotas and political agendas.

Fox is just a big union organization. Is your steward Glenn Beck or Rush?

Republicans and democrats have unions?

Now another reason I belong to neither party

And what the fuck does fox news have to do with teachers unions etc?

Fox News translated from liberal gibberish equates to the English:

"I don't know, crap he's right, make it stop......."

I don't believe we will ever be able to reform our government unless we get rid of the unions.

Therefore, I don't believe many liberals actually want any government reform. Maybe they aren't liberals, just government workers.

Approx 30% of US workers are either directly or indirectly employed by the gummit.

Actually that was before the recession, the number is undoubtedly higher now since not many gummit workers have been laid off yet.

Our Police and Firemen have unions. FBI has a union. What the hell difference does it make if TSA workers have a union representing them?
They still are prohibited from striking, it does not mean they should not have someone standing up for the work environment, safety and well being of the TSA workers

Our Police and Firemen have unions. FBI has a union. What the hell difference does it make if TSA workers have a union representing them?
They still are prohibited from striking, it does not mean they should not have someone standing up for the work environment, safety and well being of the TSA workers
Because there are no profits to share.

BTW...Who represents the taxpayer here?

Because there are no profits to share.

BTW...Who represents the taxpayer here?

represent the taxpayer?
now why would we care about that????

Air traffic controllers have a union but are not allowed to strike.

Fail.

Unions do more than organize strikes. As for unions doing little for the worker bee, that is an issue worth discussing.
In my government career I started out as a deputy, and a member of a union. Later, I was management and spent a good deal of time negotiating with business agents.

Unionizing TSA is about as good of an idea as unionizing the military or the CIA...

On the scale for bad ideas, this ranks near the top

The CIA doesn't have a Union? LOL Just google that. Interesting results about what Unions the CIA "has!"

They have been....but on Fox this morning they claimed that private companies were more efficient then the government employees.

I can believe this but I don't think we are any safer. I think the complaint was that the private companies weren't cutting it...so they were taken over for reasons of National Security. Who knows what the truth is.

Private companies are more efficient than public employees. Mostly because they don't opperate under the same mandate or conditions.

Forum List

Back