CDZ The Problem Isn't Just Trump, It's Our Ignorant Electorate

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by skews13, Mar 7, 2018.

1. skews13

skews13 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    Virulent as he may be, Donald J. Trump is a symptom not the disease. Without us, he would amount to nothing more than what he had always been before the bizzaro presidential election of 2016: a foppish narcissist desperate for any measure of affirmation; a joke; a nothing. He did not create his voters. They have been there all along, seething with sometimes justifiable anger and suffering their various insecurities. They created and enabled Trump. And make no mistake, in all their vulnerable humanity, they are us: Gullible, compliant, distracted, marinating in irony.

Surveys conducted every two years by the National Science Foundation consistently demonstrate that slightly more than half of Americans reject the settled science concerning human evolution. They are not unaware that virtually all credible scientists accept the overwhelming evidence that we evolved from earlier species. They simply choose not to accept that consensus because it doesn’t comport with their deeply held beliefs. Many also embrace the absurd notion that the earth is only six thousand years old. Astonishingly, in the early 21st century, around a quarter of our citizenry seems unaware that said earth revolves around the sun.

The Problem Isn’t Just Trump. It’s Our Ignorant Electorate.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59,082
    Our voters are fucking retarded. 3/4 of them dont care enough about our country to even research the issues and solutions.
    Its been that way for decades.
    Yeah, we got stuck with a complete dumbfuck but what were the options?
    Hillary the hag? LOL Some crazy bitch from the green party that destroys private property? LOL Some borderline retard in the libertarian party? LOL
    Hopefully 2020 will be better. But i have my doubts.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. ozro

ozro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +352
    Oh look, another "my candidates lost the election because voters are so stupid thread".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. martybegan

martybegan Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,290
    Yes, because denigrating them is a sure way to win them over.

A big portion of the Democratic base, Evangelical blacks, believe the same things about science. When will progressives call them out about that?

What you are complaining about is "we could do all these wonderful things if we just didn't have to deal with those pesky voters"

It's the typical progressive slide into tyranny that occurs when some of the people simply don't want what progressives are selling.

My signature quote nicely wraps up my view on do-gooders.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,639
    Correct, although I would take it one step further because many people don't vote: He is a symptom of a culture in decay, the predictable result of a constant societal willingness to lower standards & expectations whenever challenged. From Left to Right.

Those we choose to "lead" us are a reflection of us. That should concern us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. skews13

skews13 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    Yes. And what I would add to that is the failure of even an elementary grasp of how the government we currently live by works.

We are enamored by personalities. Movie stars, sports figures, musicians, showmen of all types.

When we should be enamored with the policies these charlatans will force us to live by, and the lowering of the living standards that will ensue.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,247
    I agree and I disagree.

Ever since that "fuzzy math" remark went over so well nearly 20 years ago I have been aware of the Archie Bunkering (or Homer Simpsoning) of white American society. It became cool to be stupid and not able to do the math.

But yeah, calling folks stupid isn't going to win them over to your point of view.

8. Dogmaphobe

Dogmaphobe BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,629
    So, does this mean that all the uneducated blacks who vote democratic are really brilliant, instead?

Extreme partisans love to affirm themselves by casting other extreme partisans as stupid, even as they both divide the world into two opposing groups and then champion one of them.

Trump did not win because people are stupid. He won because people rejected the identity politics bull shit Hillary was peddling that insulted them and did not address their needs The Democratic party has become the party of disparate minorities with a huge chip on their shoulder instead of a party that looks out for working stiffs. That's why he won instead of people being stupid even if it is tempting for extreme partisans to oversimplify.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tuatara

Tuatara Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +702
    Yes he did. look at all the comments here by Trump supporters. There is your proof right there.

Are you suggesting that if Bernie won the Democratic nomination that many of the Trump supporters would have voted for him? I believe regardless of who the Democratic candidate was the majority of Trump supporters still wouldn't have voted that way. I believe 95% of the people that do vote stick to either Democratic or republicans sides while only 5% change.
    Neither party looks out for the working stiffs. They both throw out the occasional bone for the common working man but their main interests are for the very rich.
    One thing I find odd is even conservative people around the world think Trump and his followers are idiots.

10. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,428
    Don't forget to include an electorate that wants a free lunch. They want honest politicians and elections but won't pay for them. They want good gov't services, a phenomenally powerful military, social security, health care AND low taxes.

Another electorate shortcoming is that they don't care if their politicians lie, spin, and otherwise deceive them. By electing pols that blatantly lie to us we ensure the honesty bar is extremely low.

In short, we don't get the gov't we want, we get the gov't we deserve.

• Agree Agree x 2