CDZ Question.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
what do liberals mean when they say our immigration system is broken?

"America’s immigration system is broken. President Obama is taking executive action to fix what he can to help build a system that lives up to our heritage as a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants."

It's time to fix our broken immigration system

Share the Facts

Our immigration system has been broken for decades. And every day we wait to act, millions of undocumented immigrants are living in the shadows: Those who want to pay taxes and play by the same rules as everyone else have no way to live right by the law. That is why President Obama is using his executive authority to address as much of the problem as he can, and why he’ll continue to work with Congress to pass comprehensive reform.

President Obama Announces New Steps to Fix Our Broken Immigration System
November 20, 2014 | 8:00 pm

In an address to the nation, President Obama lays out the executive action he's taking to fix our nation's broken immigration system.

Watch on YouTube | Read Transcript

"America’s immigration system is broken. President Obama is taking executive action to fix what he can to help build a system that lives up to our heritage as a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants."

Share the Facts

Our immigration system has been broken for decades. And every day we wait to act, millions of undocumented immigrants are living in the shadows: Those who want to pay taxes and play by the same rules as everyone else have no way to live right by the law. That is why President Obama is using his executive authority to address as much of the problem as he can, and why he’ll continue to work with Congress to pass comprehensive reform.

In an address to the nation, President Obama lays out the executive action he's taking to fix our nation's broken immigration system.

So our immigration system is broken because we have one?

I'm not quite sure.

I suspect we need to get everyone who is willing to work a legal job into this country we can to keep up demand for our real estate until it proves it can hold its value with more reasonable interest rates (not that we want that with our debt load).

Our cities and older suburbs are full of value less obsolete housing no American wants. People from countries with less exotic tastes may move in happily.

That type of thing?

Share the Facts

So our immigration system is broken because we have one?

:rolleyes: i even underlined the important part for you.

trump bragged how he was going to go after "bad hombres" yet he's heartlessly breaking up INNOCENT hard-working families.

Torn apart: the American families hit by Trump's immigration crackdown

There are no stories that bring home the hope and optimism of immigration reform more than the stories of "Dreamers." They are productive members of society, brought here as young children, who grew up in our communities and became American in every way but on paper.

Watch on YouTube

The Trump Administration announced Tuesday it will phase out the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, which protected nearly 800,000 immigrants who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children, allowing them to live and work in the U.S. without fear of deportation.

Trump campaigned on a promise to crack down on illegal immigration, saying he would “immediately terminate” DACA if elected.

and the crowd full of ignorant deplorable thugs went WILD! :eusa_clap:

Trump hits Dems on DACA where are you ? :cuckoo:

emma-lazarus-the-new-colossus.jpg

Share the Facts

You said it was broken three times. Not why, or did he mean we should open our borders and let all illegals in?

Well, the Democratic Party and La Raza types only mean one thing, they mean there are still anglos left alive, and they need to be finished off. They're pretty open about that, in their speeches to Spanish only rallies and their 'public school outreach scams they get Federal funding for, and of course we all know whose 'church' Obama attended for over 20 years. Don't why there is ever even a question by what they mean by it, they mean not nearly enough invaders, and they need a lot more criminals to come in and back the Party's street presence.

That seems obvious to me.

They mean they want completely open borders so Mexicans and Muslims can rush in by the millions and take over America. Then the Dems would win all the elections, they suppose.

And we would turn into Mexico and Sandland, which I don't know why Dems would want, but anything to regain power, I guess.

Liberals?

You are asking a question in a forum that has precious few of the creatures.

Are you KIDDING? This place is overrun with leftists.
Yes, they are leftists. Leftist and liberal are not synonymous, as the leftists here are almost all authoritarians who defend the very least liberal ideologies on the planet and wouldn't understand an actual liberal principle if it smacked them along site their smug little heads.

Liberals?

Yes, they are leftists. Leftist and liberal are not synonymous, as the leftists here are almost all authoritarians who defend the very least liberal ideologies on the planet and wouldn't understand an actual liberal principle if it smacked them along site their smug little heads.

Oh, I see, sorry. You are doing that "real liberal" versus the leftists that call themselves liberal, thing.

The Economist asked us to stop that about 20 years ago (I have a love/hate relationship with The Economist: I stopped my subscription yet again in 2016, too leftist and Trump-abusive). A columnist said that it was just too confusing: that they considered "liberals" on the right and we considered them on the left, and could we just please say leftist and rightist?? I thought this was a sensible request and have done it ever since.

Besides, they don't deserve to be called by such a nice descriptor, IMO.

Liberals?

Oh, I see, sorry. You are doing that "real liberal" versus the leftists that call themselves liberal, thing.

The Economist asked us to stop that about 20 years ago (I have a love/hate relationship with The Economist: I stopped my subscription yet again in 2016, too leftist and Trump-abusive). A columnist said that it was just too confusing: that they considered "liberals" on the right and we considered them on the left, and could we just please say leftist and rightist?? I thought this was a sensible request and have done it ever since.

Besides, they don't deserve to be called by such a nice descriptor, IMO.

I agree that they do not deserve to be called liberal, and that is why I don't.

A while back, I introduced John Stuart Mill and John Rawls into a conversation who just happen to be The most influential liberal political philosophers of the 20th and 19th centuries. Any guesses as to who it was who reviled them?

This new left is so far from liberal that we are truly living in Orwellian times. THey support partisan based censorship while claiming they are supporting freedom of belief. They defend Sharia law while claiming they are for women's rights. They defend those who rape children and claim they are fighting racism. It would be one thing if just one or two nut jobs were out there doing tis, but they almost all do it. They all speak with the same vice and absolutely loathe individuality. That's what I find most reveaing, in that the need to conform has created a movement that has more in common with fascism than it does liberalism.

I agree that they do not deserve to be called liberal, and that is why I don't.

A while back, I introduced John Stuart Mill and John Rawls into a conversation who just happen to be The most influential liberal political philosophers of the 20th and 19th centuries. Any guesses as to who it was who reviled them?

This new left is so far from liberal that we are truly living in Orwellian times. THey support partisan based censorship while claiming they are supporting freedom of belief. They defend Sharia law while claiming they are for women's rights. They defend those who rape children and claim they are fighting racism. It would be one thing if just one or two nut jobs were out there doing tis, but they almost all do it. They all speak with the same vice and absolutely loathe individuality. That's what I find most reveaing, in that the need to conform has created a movement that has more in common with fascism than it does liberalism.

I am also quite worried about the new American leftwing totalitarianism.

Now that we see rioting and assaulting and screaming down elderly speakers by privileged college students we are plainly living in bad, dangerous times. We on the right all need to be loyal to each other and hang together, or we will be living in a state like East Germany with its Stasi.

Forum List

Back