The problem in the cat haters thread

Careful everyone; it's malware. The warning just popped up when viewing it.

• Banned
Careful everyone; it's malware. The warning just popped up when viewing it.

It is most likely not malware.

It is content from a site which has had a couple of questionable pages in the past and so the whole site got red flagged.

The odds that this particular content is bad are less than 1%, but malware detectors say better safe than sorry, as they should.

In any case, the problem is in the range I noted. I realized that yesterday and confirmed it today.

I see. Better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for pointing this out (My laptop was destroyed twice by malware/viruses, so I'm wary of any computer warnings like that in general; switched to Linux because of it).

I see. Better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for pointing this out (My laptop was destroyed twice by malware/viruses, so I'm wary of any computer warnings like that in general; switched to Linux because of it).

:mad:.... i lost two of them too.....in a 6 month span. :mad: gggggrrrrr

That sucks. The man who fixed my laptop the 2nd time mentioned that Linux is better than Apple or Mac, because it's less vulnerable to computer viruses. Few viruses exist that target Linux, he explicitly said. My laptop's an "acer," so he spent some time downloading a whole Linux system into the laptop's hardware. Iirc, it's called "Ubuntu."

If you switch to Linux Syrenn you'll be more protected if you use wireless internet.

That sucks. The man who fixed my laptop the 2nd time mentioned that Linux is better than Apple or Mac, because it's less vulnerable to computer viruses. Few viruses exist that target Linux, he explicitly said. My laptop's an "acer," so he spent some time downloading a whole Linux system into the laptop's hardware. Iirc, it's called "Ubuntu."

If you switch to Linux Syrenn you'll be more protected if you use wireless internet.

lol... you are talking to the girl who hands her stuff off to the IT guy and says "fix it please" :eusa_angel:

but it looks to me as if Amelia has narrowed it down to where the issue is....... :thup:

Never had any problems on my Mac.

Linux isn't what you'd call particularly user-friendly, although some builds are better than others, and it is without question the most versatile and safest/least malware OS.

Don't you guys ever back up your stuff? Don't you have reload disks?

Wow.

Backups? What's that?

:eusa_whistle:

No, I rarely back up anything because at least once a year I wipe my hard drive and reinstall Windows (on the Windows machines). The few rare things I want to keep go on a thumb drive, so far that thumb drive has maybe 10 files in it and the drive is 7 years old.
My wife on the other hand........ I have her whole HD cloned......

The problem with the cat haters thread is the ducking cat haters in that thread.

. js

When these virus agents are inserted into sub forums of forums, then a call can be made to have the domain of the sub domain declared a malware installing site.

That means this issue can be used to put USMB on a list of the Google Search bad domains and they will not come up in a search on Google.

I don't know if this is the case here, but it's a major concern and I find it interesting that the Rat is once again, involved in this dirty stuff.

They never said anything about it up here until I mentioned it down there.

image.jpg

When these virus agents are inserted into sub forums of forums, then a call can be made to have the domain of the sub domain declared a malware installing site.

That means this issue can be used to put USMB on a list of the Google Search bad domains and they will not come up in a search on Google.

I don't know if this is the case here, but it's a major concern and I find it interesting that the Rat is once again, involved in this dirty stuff.

They never said anything about it up here until I mentioned it down there.

image.jpg

Fascinating.

Never had any problems on my Mac.

Linux isn't what you'd call particularly user-friendly, although some builds are better than others, and it is without question the most versatile and safest/least malware OS.

The thing about Mac Users, they think they are immune from viruses, but they usually have quite a few floating around.

Accusations of a possible federal crime can lead the accuser defending a huge civil lawsuit.

Remember OJ?

Forum List

Back