The Presidential Applications

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Rudy made a very excellent point in his speech last night....

You're hiring someone to do a job - an important job that involves the safety and security of your family. Imagine that you have two job applications in your hand - with the names and party affiliations taken off the top. They're both good and patriotic men - with very different life experiences that have led them to this moment in history.

You've got to make this decision right. Who would you hire?

On the one hand, you've got a man who has dedicated his life to the service of his country. He's been tested time and again by crisis. He's passed every test.

Even his adversaries acknowledge that he is a true American hero. He loves America as we all do - but he's sacrificed for it as few do. As a young man, he joined the military...and being a "Top Gun" kind of guy, he became a fighter pilot. He was on a mission over Hanoi when his plane was shot down.

He was tortured in a POW camp, but he refused his captors' offers of early release. Because this is a man who believes in serving a cause greater than self-interest. He came home a national hero.

He had earned a life of peace and quiet, but he was called to public service again, running for Congress and then the Senate as a proud foot-soldier in the Reagan Revolution. His principled independence never wavered. He stood up to special interests, fought for fiscal discipline, ethics reform and a strong national defense.
That's one man.

On the other hand, you have a resume from a gifted man with an Ivy League education. He worked as a community organizer, and immersed himself in Chicago machine politics. Then he ran for the state legislature - where nearly 130 times he was unable to make a decision yes or no. He simply voted "present."

Rudy Giuliani's speech at the RNC

Furthermore,

YouTube - Barack Obama Makes Shocking confession!!

Drop the political parties, who do you think would be more qualified based on experience to be President?

Rudy made a very excellent point in his speech last night....

You're hiring someone to do a job - an important job that involves the safety and security of your family. Imagine that you have two job applications in your hand - with the names and party affiliations taken off the top. They're both good and patriotic men - with very different life experiences that have led them to this moment in history.

You've got to make this decision right. Who would you hire?

It was a very nice speech.

But the reality is that whoever wins, you still have bureaucrats at the State Dept, at the UN, the NSA, and the CIA/FBI who understand how to cover their behinds, but not how to make a decision they can be held accountable for. Bush's FBI ignored the Phoenix Memo, because of the internal politics involved, even though it would have made us safer if actually investigated. Clinton's NSA said no thanks to the Sudan on getting Bin Laden in '96, because no one there dared to take him on nat'l security grounds, and instead let him go on legal technicalities as if they were prosecuting a shoplifting case.

So it comes down to who will f-ck things up less, especially with the economy. Palin looks ok there, but Mac is maybe a smidge better than W, who has the worst record on job creation since Hoover.

It was a very nice speech.

But the reality is that whoever wins, you still have bureaucrats at the State Dept, at the UN, the NSA, and the CIA/FBI who understand how to cover their behinds, but not how to make a decision they can be held accountable for. Bush's FBI ignored the Phoenix Memo, because of the internal politics involved, even though it would have made us safer if actually investigated. Clinton's NSA said no thanks to the Sudan on getting Bin Laden in '96, because no one there dared to take him on nat'l security grounds, and instead let him go on legal technicalities as if they were prosecuting a shoplifting case.

So it comes down to who will f-ck things up less, especially with the economy. Palin looks ok there, but Mac is maybe a smidge better than W, who has the worst record on job creation since Hoover.

I agree both Democrats and Republicans have made mistakes. I believe with the MCcain's hard stance against wasteful spending that it will boost the dollar and make for a better economy. I don't think raising taxes is the right thing to do, as Obama has proposed.

I agree both Democrats and Republicans have made mistakes. I believe with the MCcain's hard stance against wasteful spending that it will boost the dollar and make for a better economy. I don't think raising taxes is the right thing to do, as Obama has proposed.

Especially raising the taxes of corporations and the rich. All that's going to do is raise the prices, raise the unemployment, and put us in a bigger hole. In 2010, Social Security goes red (going out>coming in), and Obama's plan for universal health care is unrealistic. Added that the world is going to be heading into a Great Depression Pt.2. Can we trust either of the candidates. I really hope Obama becomes President because i doubt he can prevent the unstoppable.

Forum List

Back