the Piwd Pipers of Denialism

Let's summarize.

I simply clearly and openly condemned anyone on any side calling for people to be jailed.

In contrast, Westwall and SSDD went into amusing contortions to justify their unwillingness to condemn such people. Displaying the expected hypocrisy, they excused all such behavior from their side, but were profuse in the condemnation of the other side, even though the other side does it far, far less.

I kind of pity the denialists. They're trapped. Their cult/party has commanded them to support the jackbooted thug tactics. If any of them were to disobey, they'd be banished from the herd. That's like a death sentence to such herd beasts, so they will follow all orders, even knowing in their hearts how immoral it is.

Mann was upset because the it was pointed out that the same university leadership that refused to find out the child abuse were the same people that are refusing to find out about Mann's science abuse.

sooner or later we are going to get 'Lance Armstrong moment' where the truth will finally come out.

Let's summarize.

I simply clearly and openly condemned anyone on any side calling for people to be jailed.

In contrast, Westwall and SSDD went into amusing contortions to justify their unwillingness to condemn such people. Displaying the expected hypocrisy, they excused all such behavior from their side, but were profuse in the condemnation of the other side, even though the other side does it far, far less.

I kind of pity the denialists. They're trapped. Their cult/party has commanded them to support the jackbooted thug tactics. If any of them were to disobey, they'd be banished from the herd. That's like a death sentence to such herd beasts, so they will follow all orders, even knowing in their hearts how immoral it is.

Wrong again, we have never advocated for the imprisonment or death of anyone based on their political or scientific views. We DO however, advocate for the imprisonment for any scientist who knowingly defrauds the taxpayers of this country. Just like we would expect the same punishment for the scurrilous bastards in the banking and real estate industries for their crimes.

CrazyFrank, given how often you and your side have been caught lying about Mann, why do you think bringing him up again helps your case? We get it already, you're a liar.

Mann didn't lie. You, however, lied about Mann, repeatedly and shamelessly. All denialists lie about Mann. Their political cult has an official list of EnemiesOfTheParty (Mann, Hansen, Gore, Obama, and so on), and the cult has ordered its members to demonize and destroy all such EnemiesOfTheParty.

By the way, Mann's libel lawsuit is preceeding against CEI and National Review. It's an uphill struggle, as it's almost impossible to win any libel lawsuit in the USA. But at least it puts the liars on notice that there are consequences for getting too extreme with the lies. Start declaring that scientists are child molesters, and that will get you a libel lawsuit. Frank, Westy and SSDD no doubt support the tactic of comparing Mann to a child molester, given there doesn't seem to be any immorality they won't support from their side.

Liars? You mean how Mann claims to be a Nobel Prize winner? You are such a delusional putz. How about his lawsuit in Canada where he's about to be held in contempt of court for refusing to release requested documents that will show him to be the fraud he is? Hmmm....

Liars? You mean how Mann claims to be a Nobel Prize winner? You are such a delusional putz. How about his lawsuit in Canada where he's about to be held in contempt of court for refusing to release requested documents that will show him to be the fraud he is? Hmmm....

The idiot didn't just lie about being a nobel prize winner, he lied about it on his filing with the court. How much more stupid can you be than to lie in your filing. What amazes me is that he still has credibility even among the most diehard warmers.

OOPS, Norway has defected from the global warming hoax.

Do you ever read your own links before posting them?

This is from your link:

CO2 is the primary greenhouse gas emitted by human activity. A simple way to measure climate sensitivity is to calculate how much the mean air temperature will rise if we were to double the level of overall CO2 emissions compared to the world’s pre-industrialised level around the year 1750.

If we continue to emit greenhouse gases at our current rate, we risk doubling that atmospheric CO2 level in roughly 2050.

In the Norwegian project, researchers have arrived at an estimate of 1.9°C as the most likely level of warming.

OOPS, Norway has defected from the global warming hoax.

Do you ever read your own links before posting them?

This is from your link:

CO2 is the primary greenhouse gas emitted by human activity. A simple way to measure climate sensitivity is to calculate how much the mean air temperature will rise if we were to double the level of overall CO2 emissions compared to the world’s pre-industrialised level around the year 1750.

If we continue to emit greenhouse gases at our current rate, we risk doubling that atmospheric CO2 level in roughly 2050.

In the Norwegian project, researchers have arrived at an estimate of 1.9°C as the most likely level of warming.

Yeah, big deal. After 16 years of flat lined temps they needed to put something out to try and give themselves some credibility. And you with your correlation equals causation nonsense still havn't learned basic scientific principles. Nice job, you make yourself more irrelevent with every post.

Oh yes, please do neg rep me again so I can reciprocate, my neg is bit bigger than yours so I find it quite enjoyable.

Westwall -

So you would agree that any claims that scientists are falsifying data to somehow make temperature rises seem greater than they are now quite obviously false?

Clearly Norwegian scientists are prepared to lower their predictions - would you now be prepared to look at their research and accept that their data is realistic?

Let's summarize.

The denialists are trapped?:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Sweets..........you live in a fantasy bubble like all of the other environmental OC's in this forum. In the world of the denialists, there is something called "costs" to consider. Real costs.......not theoretical costs. Outside of the bubble, it matters. Debating the validity of the data on climate science is as productive as a session in group navel contemplation. Theres no proof either way and even if there was, is STILL DOESNT FUCKING MATTER because outside of the bubble, there are factors of costs.........

You bubble people dont spend a single second weighing the necessary tradeoffs of the costs. Indeed, they fail to possess the ability to do so. There is no other explanation. At the end of the day, the denialists win the only debate that is really salient to the science..........and that is, the future of energy. The correlation is direct. If the numbers of committed environmental k00ks doubled from where it is today, it still wouldnt matter outside the bubble. Why? Because the world doesnt currently have the technology to do green energy cheaply or efficiently. Renewables are a fucking joke and there is zero chance that they will be any more than a fringe market 2-3 decades from now = 100% certainty. Governments need cheap energy and cheap energy is exactly what they will use no matter what "consensus science" is established...........thats LIFE outside the bubble. Any and all energy projections by reputable sources ( Forbes/Investors Daily/Businessweek/Fortune/Kiplingers et. al.) have coal, natural gas and oil dominating the energy landscape in 2035. Renewables? Less than 10% of the market.:up:

The irony in all of this? It is the climate OC's that are the real denialists and how fucking funny is that? All the evidence is clear..........all the evidence is on the side of those NOT embracing the "consensus science". The evidence is..........Cap and Trade is as dead as a doornail and politically, will be for the balance of this decade. The bubble dwellars completely ignore this little fact and rant on in this forum as if that reality didnt exist. The climate OC's like to conveniently seperate the science from the politics, but as I say, it is an exercise in group navel contemplation. Nothing more.

Curious? Are the cats in the bubble with you?:up: Just wondering if they fit inside and if they are Al Gore fans?

Last edited:
Westwall -

So you would agree that any claims that scientists are falsifying data to somehow make temperature rises seem greater than they are now quite obviously false?

Clearly Norwegian scientists are prepared to lower their predictions - would you now be prepared to look at their research and accept that their data is realistic?

No, I wouldn't. It has been shown over and over that Hansen and GISS are falsifying the historical data record. When he gets caught he changes it back to the original data set.

That means dear child he is not fixing faulty records, that means he is actively falsifying the records.

Journalist my ass.

What can I say except that correlation does not equal causation.

At least you got that right. As in, you literally can't say anything else except that mantra, no matter how inapplicable to the situation it is. It's kind of bizarre, given how Westwall here is the only one actually using the tactic.

A bunch of scientific illiterates at this site, I see.

We clearly understand the concept, given how we keep pointing out how badly you misuse it. You have a poor grasp of logic, and that fatally handicaps you on these scientific topics.

Your type is common, an engineer or some other techie type who has delusions about being just as wise as those scientists are. No. Some tech courses in college do not make a scientist, nor does working in a tech field.
I'm sorry about your ignorance of the logic of scientific discovery (and of basic logic and definitions).

Perhaps you need to do a bit more studying.

It's good to see a few myths finaly closed on this one - and largely thanks to Katz excellent find.

I'll start a conclusions thread in a few days, and include that one on that thread also.

It's good to see a few myths finaly closed on this one - and largely thanks to Katz excellent find.

I'll start a conclusions thread in a few days, and include that one on that thread also.

What myth? That the state of the science does not allow for a conclusion on the significance and magnitude of man made CO2 on any warming?

Katzndogs' link links to that research group's statement (not yet peer-reviewed, mind you):

"Uncertainties about the overall results of feedback mechanisms make it very difficult to predict just how much of the rise in Earth’s mean surface temperature is due to manmade emissions."

News - The Research Council of Norway

Last edited:
Si Modo -

It has been asserted several times on this thread that climate scientists only ever offer doom-laden scenarios, and are constantly downgrading older temperatures to make modern temperatures appear warmer. Not to mention that there is some evil global conspiracy, of course; plus that all research is based on the sam data.

What Katz proved here is that scientists will downgrade their own future predictions when the science calls for it, will disagree with the predictions of other research units, and do conduct their own research using their own data, and are clearly independent.

What we are seeing is honest, independent science in action - something sceptics claims to be looking for.

btw, I think one we might all agree on is that making predictions about the temperatures in 2050 is difficult - what we do seem to have now is a band of between 1.9C and 3.0C as a likely outcome.

Last edited:
Si Modo -

It has been asserted several times on this thread that climate scientists only ever offer doom-laden scenarios, and are constantly downgrading older temperatures to make modern temperatures appear warmer. Not to mention that there is some evil global conspiracy, of course; plus that all research is based on the sam data.

What Katz proved here is that scientists will downgrade their own future predictions when the science calls for it, will disagree with the predictions of other research units, and do conduct their own research using their own data, and are clearly independent.

What we are seeing is honest, independent science in action - something sceptics claims to be looking for.

btw, I think one we might all agree on is that making predictions about the temperatures in 2050 is difficult - what we do seem to have now is a band of between 1.9C and 3.0C as a likely outcome.
As I said, the state of the science cannot make any conclusions about the magnitude or significance of man made CO2 on any warming.

I know the global warming deniers will say there is a difference, but there is no difference between GWD than there is for evolution deniers, round earth deniers, earth rotates sun deniers, or germs cause sickness deniers. Science moves forward, and those for whatever reason, choose not believe can do so. Humans managed to pollute our rivers and the skies, if we ruin our planet it will be the future that suffers. Deniers will be dead, they will rest forever assured of their denial.

the-strip-slide-056W-jumbo.gif

I know the global warming deniers will say there is a difference, but there is no difference between GWD than there is for evolution deniers, round earth deniers, earth rotates sun deniers, or germs cause sickness deniers. Science moves forward, and those for whatever reason, choose not believe can do so. Humans managed to pollute our rivers and the skies, if we ruin our planet it will be the future that suffers. Deniers will be dead, they will rest forever assured of their denial.

Too bad the state of the science does not allow for any conclusion.

But, then again, you're a moron.

The lament of those who dont own anything and have no real responsibilities in life.

You dont get it s0n. Nor do your environmental OC pals. Going green to realize a fantasy isnt going to happen.........ever. Its a matter of economics.......its that simple. The "denier" narrative is so worn out it has become irrelevant except in the nether-regions of the internet. The world needs cheap energy more than ever and the need only gets more pressing in the coming decades. The "ruin the panet" crap has become the cornerstone of many a joke in 2013. The intellectuals are losing and losing big on this one.................and fuck them. They are not going to help me one iota in payng for the doubling of my electric bill that the environmental nutters are proud of supporting. Thankfully, it is politically infeasible practically anywhere you go in the country save the k00k districts where the bubble dwellars are the prominent population. Politically speaking, thats fringe.

Fact is, todays technology in the area of energy is far, far from achieving the goals set by the climate OC's.........and every single energy projection to 2040 not coming from a loon green outlet tells us that fossil fuels will DOMINATE the energy landscape.

Might as well get used to it s0n.............I know people like you like to bypass Realville every day of your life, but nobody cares about the science in 2013.:coffee:

GEN_115_LR-35.jpg

Last edited:

That was true 10-15 years ago, but it's a bit of a reach these days.

This is the position of the American Physical Society:

"Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate. Greenhouse gases include carbon dioxide as well as methane, nitrous oxide and other gases. They are emitted from fossil fuel combustion and a range of industrial and agricultural processes.

The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring."

Climate Change

"Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate. Greenhouse gases include carbon dioxide as well as methane, nitrous oxide and other gases. They are emitted from fossil fuel combustion and a range of industrial and agricultural processes.

Climate Change
Nice position. You know all those are are opinions, not science, right?

The state of the science does not allow for any conclusion about the significance or magnitude of man made CO2 on any warming.

I know you and others who disagree with you would love for that NOT to be the case, but it is what it is for now.

Climate Change

That's the opinion of the leaders of the American Physical Society, not the rank and file. They are a bunch of government butt kissing sycophants. Their opinion is their opinion. It's not science. It's propaganda.

Forum List

Back