The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

But the problem isn’t that we have inequality. Some inequality is intrinsic to any high-functioning capitalist economy.

The problem is that inequality is at historically high levels and getting worse every day. Our country is rapidly becoming less a capitalist society and more a feudal society. Unless our policies change dramatically, the middle class will disappear, and we will be back to late 18th-century France. Before the revolution.

And so I have a message for my fellow filthy rich, for all of us who live in our gated bubble worlds: Wake up, people. It won’t last.

If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality

In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014#ixzz3nAa6VdEU

A long article by a billionaire on the inequality in the US.

If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy,.

simple to end inequality:
1) eliminate liberal corporate taxes to bring back 20 million jobs and save 20 million from leaving
2) eliminate liberal unions that shipped 20 million jobs off shore
3) eliminate liberal deficits so China has to buy our products not our deficits

4) end the liberal war on our families and schools so Americans are fit for work

5) ship 20 million illegals home to create 20 million jobs and upward pressure on wages.

But the problem isn’t that we have inequality. Some inequality is intrinsic to any high-functioning capitalist economy.

The problem is that inequality is at historically high levels and getting worse every day. Our country is rapidly becoming less a capitalist society and more a feudal society. Unless our policies change dramatically, the middle class will disappear, and we will be back to late 18th-century France. Before the revolution.

And so I have a message for my fellow filthy rich, for all of us who live in our gated bubble worlds: Wake up, people. It won’t last.

If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality

In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014#ixzz3nAa6VdEU

Well, if the middle class is hurting then let them vote for a Conservative President who believes in lower taxes and smaller government.

[
Well, if the middle class is hurting then let them vote for a Conservative President who believes in lower taxes and smaller government.

yes a govt that would not ship all our jobs to China and then let 20 million illegals in to take the remaining jobs and bid down wages!!

When politicians are running for President, they always find ways to make believe that your lives will change if you vote for them.

I can't cite one single instance where a elected President has done something that changed my life as promised.

Anybody with an example of a President, a promise during a election, and your life directly changing, specifically because of exactly what that promise was.....I'd love to be wrong

The majority of the rich elites do not give a rip about the rest of us. Its foolish to think they do, and want to create more jobs, they just want to make sure they get service and have Harvard grads to run their businesses and smart accountants to find tax havens and put their money overseas.

A good point he made in the article , is if someone is only getting min. wage they are not spending anything except on rent, food, utils, and necessities. Toilet paper is a good business to be in, unless it gets so bad, in India
they are defecating out in the open. :eek:

The majority of the rich elites do not give a rip about the rest of us. Its foolish to think they do, and want to create more jobs, they just want to make sure they get service and have Harvard grads to run their businesses and smart accountants to find tax havens and put their money overseas.

A good point he made in the article , is if someone is only getting min. wage they are not spending anything except on rent, food, utils, and necessities. Toilet paper is a good business to be in, unless it gets so bad, in India

Why should they give a rip about you? They owe you absolutely nothing at all. You're supposed to look out for yourself.

Why should they give a rip about you? They owe you absolutely nothing at all. You're supposed to look out for yourself.

Really, apparently your right. I guess Pope Francis is right, you can't depend on the goodness of the rich. Guess we can raise their tax to 50% for now. Since they got rich off us peons , we can now make them pay. I don't feel one bit ashamed of saying that either.
I wish everyone would walk off their jobs, then they could pocket all the money they save from paying employees.

Really, apparently your right. I guess Pope Francis is right, you can't depend on the goodness of the rich. Guess we can raise their tax to 50% for now. Since they got rich off us peons , we can now make them pay. I don't feel one bit ashamed of saying that either.
I wish everyone would walk off their jobs, then they could pocket all the money they save from paying employees.

The rich are paying for everything now. Almost 50% of Americans pay no income tax at all. Are you employed by a poor man or poor woman?

They're worried the government will run out of money in three weeks. Jay Leno said that if we are 17 trillion dollars in debt, then we ran out of money a long time ago.

. Since they got rich off us peons .

100% stupid!! The rich invent things that create and save your life everyday!! Did you invent health care or cars or phones? You owe them a hell of a lot more than they owe you!!

You should feel ashamed that you are so stupid and liberal!!

The problem is that this conservative argument is the appeal to force. I've got mine, and I pay peons to keep riff-raff like you in line. It works until the riff-raff decide to kill all the rich. You can call it class war, but that is exactly what it is. In a war the losing side gets killed. Make no mistake; revolution is a deadly dangerous game, but it is dangerous to both sides. The rich know which side they are on. And they will win as long as there are enough riff-raff working for them to keep the rest under control. But no one has ever been very good at predicting the tipping point and the affluent almost always wait too long to take their money and run. Just like all of the darkies were happy on the plantation and would never hurt the massa who treated them so well and raised their children. If you live by the sword, you should be literally prepared to die by it.

Of course it doesn't have to come to that. People like Keynes thought they were in a revolutionary era, where the most like paths were Hitler or Stalin. They sought a way to save democratic government and the upper classes even when the upper classes didn't seem to understand. Play Kerensky and you meet Lenin. Hopefully American society will be smarter than that, but I don't see any real indication of reality.

Being on the winning side does not guarantee safety either. Hitler and Himmler turned on the Brownshirts and Stalin destroyed both the Left Opposition and Right Opposition. When society can no longer organize itself in a manner so that all major segments feel they have too much to lose, the world becomes a very dangerous place.

That is what OP means.

The rich are paying for everything now. Almost 50% of Americans pay no income tax at all. Are you employed by a poor man or poor woman?

100% stupid!! The rich invent things that create and save your life everyday!! Did you invent health care or cars or phones? You owe them a hell of a lot more than they owe you!!

Well that is because they have the money , and pay min. wage. Its too bad there is not a roaring middle class to help them out.

The problem is that this conservative argument is the appeal to force. I've got mine, and I pay peons to keep riff-raff like you in line. It works until the riff-raff decide to kill all the rich. You can call it class war, but that is exactly what it is. In a war the losing side gets killed. Make no mistake; revolution is a deadly dangerous game, but it is dangerous to both sides. The rich know which side they are on. And they will win as long as there are enough riff-raff working for them to keep the rest under control. But no one has ever been very good at predicting the tipping point and the affluent almost always wait too long to take their money and run. Just like all of the darkies were happy on the plantation and would never hurt the massa who treated them so well and raised their children. If you live by the sword, you should be literally prepared to die by it.

Of course it doesn't have to come to that. People like Keynes thought they were in a revolutionary era, where the most like paths were Hitler or Stalin. They sought a way to save democratic government and the upper classes even when the upper classes didn't seem to understand. Play Kerensky and you meet Lenin. Hopefully American society will be smarter than that, but I don't see any real indication of reality.

Being on the winning side does not guarantee safety either. Hitler and Himmler turned on the Brownshirts and Stalin destroyed both the Left Opposition and Right Opposition. When society can no longer organize itself in a manner so that all major segments feel they have too much to lose, the world becomes a very dangerous place.

That is what OP means.

We live in a society where elections are now rigged, and the top elites buy politicians. I am not looking for revolution, but people need to get more educated and involved in politics. Oh yes the OP is worried about his money , no doubt.

The answer isn't "lower taxes and smaller government" any more than it's "higher taxes and more government".

The answer is fair taxes and efficient, productive use of the tool called government.

That is what OP means.

We live in a society where elections are now rigged, and the top elites buy politicians. I am not looking for revolution, but people need to get more educated and involved in politics. Oh yes the OP is worried about his money , no doubt.

He's not wrong though.... nothing's going to change until the top 10% make the changes.

I'm encouraged... the plutocrats understanding the concept of their markets having disposable cash and infrastructure to get around on being a good thing is the first step.

They're worried the government will run out of money in three weeks. Jay Leno said that if we are 17 trillion dollars in debt, then we ran out of money a long time ago.

Well a billionaire can own millions but if I owed millions I'd be in trouble.

the debt tripled during the Reagan years, due to lowering the tax brackets on the wealthy. Lots of wealthy people got more wealthy during the Reagan years. Then he had the nerve to raise the lowest tax bracket.

Well that is because they have the money , and pay min. wage. Its too bad there is not a roaring middle class to help them out.

Who's fault is that? Under who's administration has the middle class declined? Who's policies have caused the decline in the middle class. Put the blame where it belongs.

Well a billionaire can own millions but if I owed millions I'd be in trouble.

the debt tripled during the Reagan years, due to lowering the tax brackets on the wealthy. Lots of wealthy people got more wealthy during the Reagan years. Then he had the nerve to raise the lowest tax bracket.

The middle class has declined under the Liberal Obama Administration.

NEWS FLASH: Lower taxes for rich people and corporations mean higher taxes for those in lower income brackets. It's called Supply Side Economics (aka Reaganomics, Trickle Down Economics, or Voodoo Economics). It hasn't worked since Reagan/Stockman put it in place in the early 80's. The American middle class has been in a steady state of decline ever since.

Not that you could be swayed, of course . . . carry on with your twaddle.

Forum List

Back