The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats

They're worried the government will run out of money in three weeks. Jay Leno said that if we are 17 trillion dollars in debt, then we ran out of money a long time ago.

Well a billionaire can own millions but if I owed millions I'd be in trouble.

the debt tripled during the Reagan years, due to lowering the tax brackets on the wealthy. Lots of wealthy people got more wealthy during the Reagan years. Then he had the nerve to raise the lowest tax bracket.

The middle class has declined under the Liberal Obama Administration.

Not sure if we'll recover form the Bush tax cuts, the housing bubble pop and the war , ongoing since Iraq.

They're worried the government will run out of money in three weeks. Jay Leno said that if we are 17 trillion dollars in debt, then we ran out of money a long time ago.

the debt tripled during the Reagan years, due to lowering the tax brackets on the wealthy. Lots of wealthy people got more wealthy during the Reagan years. Then he had the nerve to raise the lowest tax bracket.

The middle class has been in decline since the early 1980's. That's when wages started flattening and sending jobs offshore started happening.

I disagree. The middle class looks a hell of a lot better now than it did in January 2009.

The problem is that this conservative argument is the appeal to force. I've got mine, and I pay peons to keep riff-raff like you in line. It works until the riff-raff decide to kill all the rich.
LOL. You should write comedy skits, maybe you do? If you can't make it in this country, you can't make it anywhere. You're a loser. We need to stop growing the dependent whiny class and let nature take its' course.

New immigrants will figure it out and gladly take your place, eat the food you could have had, live in the home you could have bought and drive the car you could have owned. Your loss, their gain.

The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats

But the problem isn’t that we have inequality. Some inequality is intrinsic to any high-functioning capitalist economy.

The problem is that inequality is at historically high levels and getting worse every day. Our country is rapidly becoming less a capitalist society and more a feudal society. Unless our policies change dramatically, the middle class will disappear, and we will be back to late 18th-century France. Before the revolution.

And so I have a message for my fellow filthy rich, for all of us who live in our gated bubble worlds: Wake up, people. It won’t last.

If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality

In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014#ixzz3nAa6VdEU

A long article by a billionaire on the inequality in the US.

Well, if the middle class is hurting then let them vote for a Conservative President who believes in lower taxes and smaller government.
NEWS FLASH: Lower taxes for rich people and corporations mean higher taxes for those in lower income brackets. It's called Supply Side Economics (aka Reaganomics, Trickle Down Economics, or Voodoo Economics). It hasn't worked since Reagan/Stockman put it in place in the early 80's. The American middle class has been in a steady state of decline ever since.

Not that you could be swayed, of course . . . carry on with your twaddle.

I certainly will. I suppose you call the Obama Administration' s "trickle up" economics is working? There are less families in the middle class since he took office SEVEN years ago than at any time in history.

The problem is that this conservative argument is the appeal to force. I've got mine, and I pay peons to keep riff-raff like you in line. It works until the riff-raff decide to kill all the rich.
LOL. You should write comedy skits, maybe you do? If you can't make it in this country, you can't make it anywhere. You're a loser. We need to stop growing the dependent whiny class and let nature take its' course.

New immigrants will figure it out and gladly take your place, eat the food you could have had, live in the home you could have bought and drive the car you could have owned. Your loss, their gain.

I hate to burst your bubble but that's not what the recent statistics indicate.

Not sure if we'll recover form the Bush tax cuts, the housing bubble pop and the war , ongoing since Iraq.

No unless we get someone in office who has some savvy about economics and business. Trump comes to mind.

Who is "we"??? What aspect of YOUR physiology has been rendered
dysfunctional during the "bush years" Has your illness been diagnosed?
Are you being treated?

NEWS FLASH: Lower taxes for rich people and corporations mean higher taxes for those in lower income brackets.

Lower taxes on the rich have nothing do with the tax rate on the poor or middle class, obviously.

Lower taxes on the rich ,however, do result in lower prices for everyone else since the rich are forced to lower their prices when their tax cost is reduced.

Forum List

Back