The Parade Of Shame -- Palin's Corporate Sponsors

[/color][/font][/size]

"Your ilk" would be people like you, who think freedom only applies to themselves and the things they want to do, and everyone else should just shut up and submit to their superior knowledge of what's good for them.

I have not asked anyone who disagrees with me to forebear to make their thoughts known to these companies, Cecilie. Feel free to do just what I have, and tell the companies what you'd prefer to see them do.

This is probably too complicated for you, but when you eliminate one person's right to freedom of speech, you eliminate EVERYONE'S right to freedom of speech. It may shock you, but it really is possible to stand up for what's right without it being a matter of my own personal benefit, but I guess that requires a degree less selfishness and self-absorption to grasp.

Bullshit. I am not trying to withhold Palin's rights to free speech...just her abuse of a cable company's willingness to give her a platform. I want her out of US public life and will endeavor to accomplish this by excersizing my free speech rights.

I'm not surprised that you have so much free time to waste on pointlessly and hypocritically trying to control other people's lives. Ever consider finding something productive to do?

I am certain my efforts had an impact, however modest. Others may also make these calls and send these emails. I hope that they do, and the show loses its sponsors. I consider this to be a productive use of my time, which last time I looked, belonged to me and was not yours to dictate.

the left made her famous....now you have to deal with your creation.....
They sure did. And, personal responsibility is not a strong suit of the left.

Maddy is completely unhinged on this topic.

boedicca-albums-boedicca-s-stuff-picture2671-catlady-1.gif

I'm outraged that you're such a hypocrite about it. You put yourself forward as this big champion of freedom and choice, and as soon as someone chooses to do something you don't agree with, you try to silence them. Your positions never seem to extend past "this sounds good to get me what I want on this subject", and your convictions are about as deep as your average mud puddle.

And I have no doubt whatsoever that if some rightwing group started a boycott of some leftwing sacred cow TV show, your response would be, "If you don't like it, just don't watch". I'm sure if they were trying to get a bookstore to stop carrying, for example, Obama's books, you'd be screeching from the rafters about censorship, regardless of the fact that it wasn't the government doing it. And don't even waste my time telling me otherwise.

You're a hypocrite.

I'm a hypocrite because you suppose what I might do under certain circumstances if they ever arose? That's another fail....you dun me well enough to predict my actions on any hypothetical, Cecilie. As it happens, I approve of almost all forms of free speech and political activism and think the US is best served by an informed and active electorate, even when they take up a POV I dun approve of.

Unlike you, I dun try to shame anyone who tries to get involved into shutting up and doing nothing. I am not now, and never have been, a fan of apathy.

No, you're a hypocrite because I've SEEN what you do under some circumstances, and I see what you're doing under THESE circumstances, and they aren't the same thing.

Examples?

You're a hypocrite because you're not willing to extend to other people the same rights you claim for yourself.

Examples?

You're a hypocrite because you claim to believe one thing, and then do the opposite when it's convenient for you.

Examples?

As it happens, you DON'T support freedom of speech, or you wouldn't be trying to silence Sarah Palin, and openly admitting that the reason she needs to be not ignored, but REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW, is because she espouses views you don't agree with and because she dares to aspire to be President with those offensive views. Supporting freedom of speech would be changing the channel, not trying to keep people from hearing her.

I said I wanted Palin out of "public life", not "public view". That may seem to you like a small distinction, but it isn't. I used to get pretty agitated over Charleton Heston shilling for the NRA but since he never sought elected office, I did nothing about it.

And as it happens, you DO try to shame people who try to get involved, if they get involved on what you consider the wrong side. I've SEEN you trying to shame other women for not holding the same feminazi views of women's rights that you do. But you're right about one thing. You only try to shame them into espousing the right positions, not into shutting up. When you want them to shut up, you just go for outright censorship.

Again, what government action have I called for that would censor anyone?

At least I'm only TELLING you to shut up, Mad. I'm not out lobbying other people to shut you up for me.

Palin can say any damned thing she wants -- to the guy next to her at the fish cleaning plant. When she addresses 5 Million Americans at a pop, I take action.

Hypocrite.

Fail.

Again.

Maddy,

This is hardly your Finest Hour.

When one is in a hole, it is best to stop digging.

*helpfully*

boe

Not surprised, just happy to have an occasion to use the Cat Lady Smilie.

;)

Maddy,

*helpfully*

boe

I am astounded so many of you seem to believe that apathy in the face of evil is desirable.

Truely, I am.

"The time is always right, to do the right thing." Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

Maddy,

*helpfully*

boe

I am astounded so many of you seem to believe that apathy in the face of evil is desirable.

Truely, I am.

Unlike you, I don't find people engaging in perfectly legal and moral behavior which neither defrauds nor coerces anyone, and which others are perfectly free to avoid to be evil.

Maddy,

*helpfully*

boe

Truely, I am.

Censorship is evil. But Maddie is happy to censor what everyone else watches because of her irrational fear of Palin.

Maddy,

*helpfully*

boe

Truely, I am.

Truly is spelled without the "e."

And "evil" is not a word rationally associated with the politics of Sarah Palin, regardless of how much you happen not to embrace her politics.

Your thread is a clunker, Maddy.

You are so far off base, a blind pitcher in the Special Olympics could pick you off.

You know.......I think Palin has gotten WAAYYYYY too much time on the television. Truth be told, the less I see of the Wasilla Chihuahua, the happier I am.

Now, she's got her TLC show. Do I want it off the air? No. Why? Simple......after seeing the inept way she acted in the outdoors (as well as her liberal sprinkling of her bumperstickers in the dialogue), shows that she's nothing more than a fake who's milking her 15 min of fame for as much as she can.

I'm kinda glad to see her on this show, because after 8 episodes, we're all gonna know how stupid and ill prepared she really is for any office higher than governor of a state.

This show will kill any chance of her getting a presidential nomination. Good!

I also don't mind that Bristol is still on Dancing With the Stars either. Why? Because I can see how uncoordinated she is, as well as see that her mother is encouraging all the teabaggers to keep her on.

Lets me know how corrupt that family REALLY is.

Forum List

Back