Ron Paul will not join Tea Party Caucus

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul, an icon to many members of the Tea Party movement, has decided not to join the House Tea Party Caucus.

Jeff Deist, chief of staff for Paul, confirmed the congressman’s decision in a statement to The Daily Caller.

“Congressman Paul decided not to join the Tea Party Caucus,” Deist wrote in an e-mail. “He strongly believes the Tea Party movement should remain a grassroots phenomenon, rather than being co-opted by Washington or any political party.”

TheDC Exclusive: Ron Paul will not join the Tea Party Caucus | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

The moment the establishment recognized the potential political power of the Tea Party, it was co-opted by Washington.

The moment the establishment recognized the potential political power of the Tea Party, it was co-opted by Washington.

My guess is that's the real reason he doesn't want to be a part of it. He doesn't want to be in a caucus with a bunch of neocons pretending to have seen the light.

My guess is that's the real reason he doesn't want to be a part of it. He doesn't want to be in a caucus with a bunch of neocons pretending to have seen the light.

I almost wish he would just realize he can't beat em, so join em and then double cross em :D

Forum List

Back