The Other Miami Heat Player - Honestly Not so Bad

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Remember when the Big Three came to Boston, the outcry was there was no one around them. Yet they to pull it together. But look at the players around your SG Wade, SF Lebron & PF Bosh.
C: Magloire (Starter: A 32 old one time all-star, nothing special, but a big body who can rebound, with the big three he is more than adequate); Joel Anthony (Dead Weight)
PF: Udonis (Actually a very good back-up PF/C he will bring energy and toughness off the bench); Shavlik Randolph (Dead Weight)
SF: Quentin Richardson (A scorer and their spark plug off the bench, he can back up the s or the 3, he will be a valuable role player for the heat!); Y. Diawara (Dead Weight)
SG: Dorrel Right (Dead Weight)
PG: Arroyo (Starter: Average player, but LeBron will be a point SF like Scottie Pippen and Wade can handle the Ball); Chalmers (not dead weight, but nothing special

Not the best supporting cast, but the Heat have the best SG-SF-PF combo since MJ-Pippen-Rodman! Trust me Lebron's move stings, but objectively speaking if Lebron wants to make his mark in NBA history by winning a lot of championships and creating a dynasty he has done it!

I was pissed and upset he didn't sign with Chicago and I can understand why Cleveland feels betrayed. However, look at Miami and its a no brainer:
(1) He gets to play with 2nd best SG in the league (with Kobe getting older, Wade will eventually be #1).
(2) He gets to play with the best PF in the game
(3) He gets to compete for titles with 2 other young players
(4) They might make the best 2-3-4 in NBA history
(5) Miami will be a dynasty and will will alot of championships
(6) This Heat team will solidify Lebron legacy as one of the Greatest!
(7) Have you ever been to Cleveland, what a shit hole
(8) Income taxes (along with Gas, Sales, Property taxes etc) in NY and Chicago are astromically high. Much lower in Florida. When your talking about tens of millions of dollar, that is a lot of tax savings
(9) Have you ever been to South Beach? Its paradise!
(10) Warm tropical weather all year long!
(11) South Beach is right their with LA as having the hottest women in the world!
(12) Think about it, would you rather be the King in Ohio or in a Tropical Paradise?
(13) The NY media are nutz!
(14) You Lebron will have a yaht, I rather have one in South Beach, then in NY, Chi or Cleveland.
(15) Did I mention NY, Chi and Cleveland women can't compare to South Beach?

I understand he has a major problem with being a one man band. Doesn't matter who your team mates are if you don't play with them

PG: Mario Chalmers (who is 2nd year Guard who didn't do that bad last year, but he will be nothing special)/Kenny Hogauch (Rookie out of Siena, so he is a question mark)
SG: Wade/Mike Miller (THIS SIGNING WAS HUGE, he is well good enough to start for most teams, he is also one of the best shooters in the game, 48% from behind the arc, he will bring much needed offense off the bench backing up both Wade and LBJ)
SF: LBJ/ Mike Miller
PF: Bosh/Haslem (Another huge signing, he is big and physical and could start for a lot of teams in the NBA, he will do good backing up Bosh and Ilgauskas
C: Ilgaukas (Aging center with a bum ankle is a good sign, well besides Howard and Ming - granted Ming comes back 100% a big if- there aren't too many good centers in the league anymore)/Joel Anthony (waste of space)

FA: Arroyo (important to sign, he is not great, but he would be fine next to the trio)
Magloire (Big Man, former allstar who has been that good lately, but will be needed with Ilgaukas injury prone and Joel Anthony a waste.

With 8 guys signed they still have 4 rosters spots.

Getting Miller and Haslem where huge, but they still have a few holes to plug!

The Heat should have an easy time reaching the Finals. There are only 3 other teams in the East that can realistically even step on the court with them. Those teams,(Orlando, Chicago, Boston), shouldn't match up with a healthy Heat lineup.

The Heat should have an easy time reaching the Finals. There are only 3 other teams in the East that can realistically even step on the court with them. Those teams,(Orlando, Chicago, Boston), shouldn't match up with a healthy Heat lineup.

A much as I was bitter about LBJ and Wade snubbing Chicago to play in Miami. You now have 2 powerhouse in the NBA to compete in the finals. The Lakers in the West and the Heat in the East. It will be a great finals that I am looking forward to watching (haven't said that in YEARS. Miami keeps adding pieces and now has no true holes (you can make the case they are weak at PG, but that's about it). Make no doubt about it, when its all said and done this will be considered one of the best dynasties of all time. It will also be credited with getting basketball fans back to the tube and overcoming baseball as the #2 sport in America! Mark my words.

PG: Arroyo (about to sign, he is a very quick young PG, more than adequate for the job)/Chalmers (sophmore back-up, which could be worse)
SG: Wade (2nd best SG in the game, soon will be the best with Kobe aging)/Mike Miller (a great scorer and one of the best long range shooters in the game an great back up to Wade and LBJ, will be provide needed scoring, energy and leadership off the bench)
SF: LBJ (Top 2 in the Game with Kobe)/Miller (see above)/Jone James (3rd best 3pt shooter percentage-wise in the game last year)
PF: Bosh (best PF in the game, 2nd best post player to Howard)/Haslem (HUGE, he should be a starter on a different team, he will bring defense and rebounding, one of the best PF back-ups in the game)/ Juan Howard (Vet leadership off the bench)
C: Illgauskas (Still a 7'3 giant that can score in the post, beyond Howard there aren't many good centers around either way - Z is a GREAT filler)/Magloire (former all-star big man that can plan D and rebound, will be perfect giving Z rest)/J Howard (Vet, small of Center, but more than adequate to plan it)

Veteran Howard joins Heat for minimum salary - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketball

Forum List

Back