Since the NBA is Back I will do my top ten at each Position

Me too, I personally think Durant is the best player in the league, I would give blood for my Celtics to pick him up from OKC.

Me too.

Mine's O-negative. That's gotta be worth something.

With Kevin Durant and Rondo on the same squad along with Doc Rivers coaching, we would be in great shape and have 2 stars to build around.

I'm sure you've heard the Chris Paul rumors by now.

Durant is a pipe dream that we share.

I think we have an outside shot at landing Howard next off season tho.

Me too.

Mine's O-negative. That's gotta be worth something.

With Kevin Durant and Rondo on the same squad along with Doc Rivers coaching, we would be in great shape and have 2 stars to build around.

I'm sure you've heard the Chris Paul rumors by now.

Durant is a pipe dream that we share.

I think we have an outside shot at landing Howard next off season tho.

Durant is a total pipe dream, I know it will never happen. I don't know if I'm ready to give up on Rondo right now, and swapping out Rondo for Chris Paul does not give us the tools to win a championship because we still have the same problems with the aging big 3, no reliable big men and no fucking bench to speak of. I will welcome Chris Paul if the trade happens but we have alot of work to do, Ainge really fucked us with no pants with that Perkins trade, the Thunder fans love us cause that trade made them elite in the West.

As far as Howard I don't know, he doesn't seem to get along with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce too well, plus can we even afford him?

Chris Paul for Rajon Rondo? Whatta JOKE! That would be even WORSE then Ainge trading Perk last year! Hopefully he's smarter than that. Having Durant in Boston would be fucking awesome, though it'll never happen. At least not anytime soon, anyway.

Rajon Rondo is a top 2 PG in the NBA IMO. No way is Paul a better point then Rondo. Can CP3 shoot? Sure. But everything else, Rondo's got him beat. Floor general, court vision, passing, fast breaks, etc. Rondo seems to be severely under-rated on this section of this board.

Rajon Rondo is a top 2 PG in the NBA IMO. No way is Paul a better point then Rondo. Can CP3 shoot? Sure. But everything else, Rondo's got him beat. Floor general, court vision, passing, fast breaks, etc. Rondo seems to be severely under-rated on this section of this board.

I think Chris Paul is better than Rondo offensively and definently a better shooter, whether he is better than Rondo or not is a matter of opinion but I don't want Rondo gone. Rondos chemistry with the big 3 is very, very good and bringing Chris Paul in will change that, I think Ainge can see the writing on the wall and desperately wants to bring Boston 1 more championship before the Big 3 start retiring, I understand that but this is not the way to do it, Ainge better not make this trade.

Wow, anyone who thinks KB24 is NOT still the best player in the league, is delusional.

Rondo can shoot within 15 feet, he doesn't need a jumper beyond that. And since when was shooting important for a Point Guard anyway?

Kobe is not the best player in the NBA anymore, the only people that still say that are die hard Kobe loyalists. Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade and even Lebonehead James are better players than Kobe right now. As far as Rondos jumper it would have been nice to have in the 2010 Finals, if he had a jumper he might have been able to bring the Celtics the championship, his bricks and missed free throws killed us.

Kobe was great, I would say a top five in history. Maybe the 2nd best behind MJ. But your right there are a few better than him now. I might add Dirk and Howard to that list also.

Question: Do you think Boston is going to trade Rondo for Paul. Big upgrade, but big risk of losing both players after next season!

Wow, anyone who thinks KB24 is NOT still the best player in the league, is delusional.

Rondo can shoot within 15 feet, he doesn't need a jumper beyond that. And since when was shooting important for a Point Guard anyway?

Kobe is not the best player in the NBA anymore, the only people that still say that are die hard Kobe loyalists. Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade and even Lebonehead James are better players than Kobe right now. As far as Rondos jumper it would have been nice to have in the 2010 Finals, if he had a jumper he might have been able to bring the Celtics the championship, his bricks and missed free throws killed us.

Kobe was great, I would say a top five in history. Maybe the 2nd best behind MJ. But your right there are a few better than him now. I might add Dirk and Howard to that list also.

Question: Do you think Boston is going to trade Rondo for Paul. Big upgrade, but big risk of losing both players after next season!

I really don't know what Ainge is thinking, he basically put the Celtics in rebuilding mode after trading Perkins last year, we are STILL trying to recover from that. Chris Paul is a great player, but I would not give up Rondo for him. Even if we get Paul, we still have the same problems, the aging big 3, no bench to speak of whatsoever and no reliable big men, I would only give up Rondo if we were getting Dwight Howard or Kevin Durant in return, thats it.

Rondo's not going anywhere. And Orlando & OKC wouldn't give Howard or Durant for Rondo in a straight up trade either. Ainge was dumb as hell to trade Perkins last year, I never understood that move at all.

The Big 3 aren't getting any younger either. Pierce is the youngest, and he signed a new 3 or 5 year deal I believe. I'd expect to see Ray Allen to leave or be traded before Rondo ever will be. KG's got another year or two left at max. But if he stays any longer, he'll be entering "Shaq like" status.

And High Gravity, I'm a huge Celtics fan myself. As far as the 2010 NBA Finals were concerned, it certainly didn't help that Rondo's not the greatest shooter in the world. But he alone did NOT cause Boston to lose Game 7. It was because of the fact the C's couldn't get a fucking rebound to SAVE THEIR LIFE! They were getting out-rebounded by the Lakers on both sides of the court. It was a fucking heart-breaking loss, and one game I'm sure they wish they could have back to play over again.

Rondo's not going anywhere. And Orlando & OKC wouldn't give Howard or Durant for Rondo in a straight up trade either. Ainge was dumb as hell to trade Perkins last year, I never understood that move at all.

The Big 3 aren't getting any younger either. Pierce is the youngest, and he signed a new 3 or 5 year deal I believe. I'd expect to see Ray Allen to leave or be traded before Rondo ever will be. KG's got another year or two left at max. But if he stays any longer, he'll be entering "Shaq like" status.

And High Gravity, I'm a huge Celtics fan myself. As far as the 2010 NBA Finals were concerned, it certainly didn't help that Rondo's not the greatest shooter in the world. But he alone did NOT cause Boston to lose Game 7. It was because of the fact the C's couldn't get a fucking rebound to SAVE THEIR LIFE! They were getting out-rebounded by the Lakers on both sides of the court. It was a fucking heart-breaking loss, and one game I'm sure they wish they could have back to play over again.

Well I think Danny was nervous that Perkins would not re-sign with Boston at the end of the year but I would have waited it out, the main advantage we had over Miami was size at the center position with Perkins, Shaq and Jermaine O'neal, we totally lost that with the Perkins trade and Shaq being injured. I would have never pulled the trigger on that trade, especially now when it looks like the players we got are not even going to stay in Boston, Kristic was underutilized in the rotation and is now playing in Russia, its a shame because he is better than any big man Miami had in their rotation last year, he definently should have gotten more time on the court, especially with Miami fielding Eric Dampier, Ilgauskas and Joel Anthony at the Center position. Plus, Jeff Green probably won't even stay in Boston, he looked really uncomfortable with his role on the bench and he can get starting jobs on alot of NBA Teams plus more money, so I see him heading towards the exit soon. The Perkins trade was a fucking disaster because it put the Celtics in rebuilding mode right in the middle of a season where we were supposed to be contending for the championship.

As far as the 2010 NBA Finals what can I say, it is what it is. You are spot on Rondo is not to blame for the game 7 loss, in fact he played outstanding in that game and almost got a triple double I believe, Magic Johnson said he was the best player in the 2010 Playoffs. The rebounding killed as plus Perkins being out didn't do us any favors, I knew we were going to lose as soon as Perkins went down in game 6.:(

Looks like Rondo is safe, for now at least.

GM: Celtics won't deal Rajon Rondo

rajon-rondo.jpg

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Boston Celtics have no intentions of trading point guard Rajon Rondo, president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Thursday, adding he wasn't sure where the rumors insinuating he wanted to acquire New Orleans star Chris Paul originated this week.

After noting that he wanted to keep his core together -- and later identifying that core as the team's four All-Stars (Rondo, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett) -- Ainge was asked point-blank if he was planning to trade Rondo.

"I'm not, no," Ainge said during a news conference with coach Doc Rivers to discuss the team's post-lockout agenda.

"I'll talk to Rondo," he added. "But I won't tell you what I'll say to him. Rondo will be fine, Rondo knows that we love him. He knows that we like him. He's excited to come back and play basketball, in my opinion. He gets a lot of attention. He's a great player. There's a lot of people that call me and ask me about Rondo. So, how these rumors get out, it's unfortunate, but we didn't leak those rumors out."

Earlier this week, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the Celtics were eying a Rondo-for-Paul swap. Other reports indicated the Celtics might be shopping the point guard to other teams, with the goal of obtaining the necessary pieces to facilitate a swap with New Orleans for Paul.

On Wednesday, sources told Broussard that Paul wouldn't sign a long-term extension with Boston, throwing cold water on any potential deal.

Ainge said the lockout has exacerbated matters because he hasn't been able to correspond directly with Rondo.

"Usually, I'm around [the players] when these [trade rumors] happen," Ainge said. "This is a unique situation in that it's happened now. I will talk to the players and share with them the truth about rumors and everything else. I don't like to discuss them with the media -- the truth or validity of rumors. But I do discuss them with players."

Some will wonder if it's simply spin control, but Ainge went so far as to suggest Rondo's name being mentioned in such a deal is quite the compliment for the 25-year-old.

"Trade rumors are part of the world we live in," Ainge said. "It's a media circus out there and everybody's name has been in trade rumors. And everybody's name will be. If you're worth your salt, you'll be mentioned in a trade somewhere along the line. That's just a part of the business that players have to learn to deal with as well.

"We love our players and I think our players know that. They know that we really like them. There may be sensitive feelings here and there, but I think those will be addressed. I'm not worried about that at all."

Danny Ainge -- Boston Celtics 'love' Rajon Rondo, won't trade guard - ESPN Boston

If anything, I think Paul will end up with the Knicks or Lakers.

Good, glad to hear that. I didn't think they were going to trade him, I think it'd be asinine of Ainge to trade him for CP3 or anyone else at this point in all honesty.

H_G, how far do you think Boston will get into the Playoffs? I'm hoping for another Finals appearance, but realistically I would be surprised if they actually made it outta the 2nd round.

Good, glad to hear that. I didn't think they were going to trade him, I think it'd be asinine of Ainge to trade him for CP3 or anyone else at this point in all honesty.

H_G, how far do you think Boston will get into the Playoffs? I'm hoping for another Finals appearance, but realistically I would be surprised if they actually made it outta the 2nd round.

Probably the second round, like last year. I don't have much faith in this season, our big man situation this year is terrible we don't have anyone reliable enough to rebound the ball and if KG and Jermaine O'neal get injured at the same time god help us, we don't have anyone over 6 foot 9 to field out there. These trades we made last year are fucking killing us.